|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Day, Chapters, 10 thru 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Duchess apprehensive of Rossendale being at her home?
(a) Because Napoleon will kill her if he finds out.
(b) She is not apprehensive.
(c) Because Lieutenant-Colonel Sharpe will be there and Rossendale's mistress is Sharpe's unfaithful wife, Jane.
(d) Because he would be disobeying orders to come there.
2. What happens to the Dutch-Belgian guns and infantry?
(a) They leave the battlefield in a blind panic.
(b) They confuse their orders and are not where they are supposed to be.
(c) They are flanked and surrender.
(d) They are slaughtered almost to a man.
3. What month of the year is it when the story opens?
4. What do the men under Sharpe's leadership do when they cannot form a square?
(a) Run for the high ground to reform.
(c) Run behind the cavalry as back up.
(d) Retreat to the trees.
5. Who does Sharpe wonder about atoning to for his insubordination?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The Prince of Orange.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Napoleon's campaign in Belgium?
2. About what is the Duke of Wellington worried?
3. What is the weather like as the British wait for Napoleon's army?
4. How is the horseman dressed?
5. Where does the retreating British army take up its position.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)