The First Day, Chapters 1 thru 6
1. What month of the year is it when the story opens?
2. How are the French Dragoons received by the Belgium people?
(a) The Dragoons are fired upon.
(b) Some welcome the Dragoons, but most revile them.
(c) The Dragoons are welcomed.
(d) The Dragoons are ignored.
3. What causes the most casualties to the Dragoons from the Prussians?
(a) The elite cavalry of the Prussian army.
(b) A ditch filled with pitch that they light.
(c) Hidden cannons.
(d) Their sharpshooter brigade.
4. Where is Napoleon Bonaparte as the Dragoons cross into Belgium?
(a) About 10 miles south of the entry place.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Russia.
(d) On Elba Island.
5. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
6. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
(b) Highly trained.
(c) English scum and their Prussian hirelings.
(d) Greatly outnumbered.
7. What is the Duchess of Richmond preparing to give?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A sumptuous ball in a large rented house.
(c) A report of the French invasion to the Belgium king.
(d) A recital.
This section contains 5,426 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)