|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Clouter say has no chance of killing him?
2. Whose death does Lady Grace say she dreams of?
3. What is Armstrong's rank?
4. Why does Lord William tell Lady Grace he dislikes Braithwaite?
5. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe help Lady Grace in this section?
2. What makes Clouter such a good fighter?
3. How does Clouter save Sharpe's life in this section?
4. What does Sharpe think of Admiral Nelson?
5. How does Chase get the boat to go faster when the wind drops?
6. How does Chase persuade Collier to go into hiding during battle?
7. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
8. What will be Coliier's involvement in the fighting?
9. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. What does lady Grace say her life would be like if Sharpe killed Lord William?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)