|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
2. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
3. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
4. Why does Lord William tell Lady Grace he dislikes Braithwaite?
5. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chase's life like back in England?
2. What does Sharpe think of Admiral Nelson?
3. How do the sailors cope with having to wait to go into battle?
4. What are Lord William's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
5. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
6. How does Sharpe help Lady Grace in this section?
7. What does Lord William tell Grace he thinks of her and women in general?
8. How does Chase get the boat to go faster when the wind drops?
9. How does Clouter save Sharpe's life in this section?
10. What does Braitwaite say in his letter to Lord William?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
What qualities make a good soldier? Which characters in the book make good soldiers and why?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)