|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
2. What does Lord William hope his position will be in five years time?
3. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
4. Who does Lord William call a whelp?
5. What does Lady Grace say politicians do instead of fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. Retell the story Chase tells Sharpe and Nelson and Tom Hardy.
3. Why does Sharpe think he is so good at close fighting?
4. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
5. How do the sailors cope with having to wait to go into battle?
6. How does Chase get the boat to go faster when the wind drops?
7. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
8. What does lady Grace say her life would be like if Sharpe killed Lord William?
9. How do the army use muskets?
10. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What qualities make a good soldier? Which characters in the book make good soldiers and why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)