Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Panjit ask Sharpe to do before he is willing to talk business?
2. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
3. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
4. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
5. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
4. What does Sharpe think of Admiral Nelson?
5. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
8. How does Sharpe get Braithwaite alone?
9. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
Essay Topic 1
What will happen to the characters in the future? What happens in the book that suggests the characters lives will map out like this?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios.
1. There is a mutiny aboard the Purcelle.
2. The Purcelle is attacked by pirates.
3. Peel takes over leadership of the Purcelle.
4. The Purcelle sailors have to swim ashore after the ship is destroyed.
5. Lord William writes a negative report of the British Navy during Trafalgar.
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)