|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is served to the richer passengers for breakfast?
2. What does revenant mean in French?
3. Who does Lady Grace say she saw go into the cuddy?
4. What does everyone call the Company's symbol?
5. What does Cromwell's cabin smell of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord William think of Braithwaite's letter?
2. How does Sharpe help Lady Grace in this section?
3. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
4. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
5. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
6. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
7. What will be Coliier's involvement in the fighting?
8. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
9. What are Lord William's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. How does the author describe Bursay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What will happen to the characters in the future? What happens in the book that suggests the characters lives will map out like this?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote "Sharpe's Trafalgar" in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 1,506 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)