|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
2. Why does Sharpe believe Cromwell sold the ship to the French?
3. What does Fairley say Peculiar has in his trousers?
4. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
5. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
2. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
3. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
4. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
5. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
6. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
7. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
8. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
9. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
10. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)