|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of societies does Pohlmann say he likes?
2. What suggests that the lock was made in India?
3. Who does the barrister say rules Europe?
4. What does Dalton say would make for sad business?
5. Why has Sharpe bought so many goods from Nana?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
2. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
3. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
4. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
5. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
6. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
7. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
8. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
9. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
10. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Ask the students to examine 19th century views on race and gender. How does the author counter these views with modern ideas about the same subjects? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What qualities make a good soldier? Which characters in the book make good soldiers and why?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)