|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chase say Panjit and Nana took their defeat?
2. What does Sharpe think Grace is born to when she laughs?
3. Whose life did Sharpe save in Assaye?
4. What does Panjit tell the naval captain he will do if he doesn't leave his property?
5. Why does Sharpe believe Cromwell sold the ship to the French?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
2. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
3. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
4. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
5. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
6. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
7. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
8. How does the author describe Bursay?
9. What are Lord William's views on officers?
10. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Sharpe and Chase get on together so well? Why is Chase one of the few officers Sharpe can bridge the gap in class? How much does their friendship contribute to their final victory?
Essay Topic 2
What qualities make a good soldier? Which characters in the book make good soldiers and why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine violence in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view violence?
2. Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that the author portrays?
3. How did the public react to the book's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)