|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the people who go to sea for pleasure visit in their pastime?
2. What does Panjit tell the naval captain he will do if he doesn't leave his property?
3. Who does Lady Grace say she saw go into the cuddy?
4. What kind of tree do the lanterns in the yard hang from?
5. What country does Cromwell call a land of slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
3. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
4. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
5. What are Lord William's views on officers?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
8. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
9. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
10. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What will happen to the characters in the future? What happens in the book that suggests the characters lives will map out like this?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)