|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
2. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
3. What does Dalton say would make for sad business?
4. What does Panjit ask Sharpe to do before he is willing to talk business?
5. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
2. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
3. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
4. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
5. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
6. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
7. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
8. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
9. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
10. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Sharpe have such appreciation for India? What does his thoughts say about his mindset at the beginning of the novel? What do the students think Sharpe would think about India if he went back?
Essay Topic 3
What will happen to the characters in the future? What happens in the book that suggests the characters lives will map out like this?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)