|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Sharpe think the Swiss speak?
2. Why does her Ladyship say she hates India?
3. Why does Cromwell say his parents sent him to the sea?
4. What does Cromwell tell Sharpe he should hide from the French?
5. What is Nana Rao using to count the rupees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
2. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
3. What are Lord William's views on officers?
4. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
5. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
6. What does Sharpe think Cromwell and Pohlmann have been planning?
7. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
8. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
9. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
10. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Cornwell develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Why do Sharpe and Chase get on together so well? Why is Chase one of the few officers Sharpe can bridge the gap in class? How much does their friendship contribute to their final victory?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)