|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of the passenger pass the time on the ship?
2. What does pucelle mean in French?
3. What does Chase say Sharpe is rather than just an ensign?
4. Which of the ladyship's features make her look sad?
5. What made Sharpe's scar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
2. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
3. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
4. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
5. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
6. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
7. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
8. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
9. What are Lord William's views on officers?
10. What does Sharpe think Cromwell and Pohlmann have been planning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Examine the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)