Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Panjit ask Sharpe to do before he is willing to talk business?
2. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
3. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
4. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
5. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
4. What does Sharpe think of Admiral Nelson?
5. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
8. How does Sharpe get Braithwaite alone?
9. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Examine violence in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view violence?
2. Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that the author portrays?
3. How did the public react to the book's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)