|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
2. How does Panjit attract the attention of the painted god in a niche in the courtyard wall?
3. What does Sharpe consider as his home?
4. What does revenant mean in French?
5. Who is Sharpe pursued by in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
2. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
3. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
4. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
5. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
6. How does the author describe Bursay?
7. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
8. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
9. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)