Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Panjit ask Sharpe to do before he is willing to talk business?
2. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
3. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
4. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
5. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
4. What does Sharpe think of Admiral Nelson?
5. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
8. How does Sharpe get Braithwaite alone?
9. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view violence?
2. Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that the author portrays?
3. How did the public react to the book's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote "Sharpe's Trafalgar" in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)