Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Panjit ask Sharpe to do before he is willing to talk business?
2. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
3. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
4. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
5. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
4. What does Sharpe think of Admiral Nelson?
5. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
8. How does Sharpe get Braithwaite alone?
9. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Sharpe's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to his character at the end.
1. What did Sharpe hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change Sharpe's ideas about life?
3. How has Sharpe's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)