|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit would Chase like to grow in England?
2. What does Cromwell tell Sharpe he should hide from the French?
3. What does Tufnell show Sharpe how to do?
4. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
5. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
2. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
3. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
4. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
5. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
6. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
7. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
8. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
9. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
10. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote "Sharpe's Trafalgar" in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)