|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalton say is the only thing that matters to Americans?
2. Who kills their victims by wringing their necks like chickens?
3. What does Sharpe use to remove the impurities from the ship's food?
4. Why did Peculiar Cromwell resign from the naval?
5. What kind of societies does Pohlmann say he likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
2. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
3. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
4. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
5. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
6. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
7. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
8. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
9. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
10. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view violence?
2. Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that the author portrays?
3. How did the public react to the book's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote "Sharpe's Trafalgar" in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)