|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has made holes in the ship's cheese?
2. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
3. What game does the barrister try to teach Sharpe?
4. Which of the following had Sharpe refused to purchase from Nana Rao?
5. What is Sharpe's most striking feature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
2. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
3. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
4. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
5. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
6. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
7. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
8. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
9. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Sharpe and Chase get on together so well? Why is Chase one of the few officers Sharpe can bridge the gap in class? How much does their friendship contribute to their final victory?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Cornwell develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)