|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe like India?
2. What does Dalton say is the only thing that matters to Americans?
3. Why has Sharpe bought so many goods from Nana?
4. What country does Cromwell call a land of slaves?
5. Who does the barrister say rules Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
2. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
3. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
4. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
5. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
6. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
7. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
8. What does Sharpe think Cromwell and Pohlmann have been planning?
9. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
10. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)