|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Grace say she saw go into the cuddy?
2. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
3. What has Dalton donated for dinner?
4. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
5. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Bursay?
2. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
3. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
4. What are Lord William's views on officers?
5. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
6. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
7. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
8. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
9. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
10. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Sharpe have such appreciation for India? What does his thoughts say about his mindset at the beginning of the novel? What do the students think Sharpe would think about India if he went back?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)