|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
2. Why does Cromwell say his parents sent him to the sea?
3. What country are the French steering the ship towards?
4. What has Lieutenant Bursay's face been scarred by?
5. Why does Lord William say people go to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Bursay?
2. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
3. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
4. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
5. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
6. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
7. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
8. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
9. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
10. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What will happen to the characters in the future? What happens in the book that suggests the characters lives will map out like this?
Essay Topic 2
What qualities make a good soldier? Which characters in the book make good soldiers and why?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)