|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Matilde play?
2. Why doesn't Tufnell think Cromwell couldn't have sold the ship to the French?
3. How do most of the passenger pass the time on the ship?
4. What does pucelle mean in French?
5. Who is Sharpe pursued by in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
2. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
3. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
4. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
5. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
6. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
7. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
8. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
9. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
10. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
Compare Sharpe's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to his character at the end.
1. What did Sharpe hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change Sharpe's ideas about life?
3. How has Sharpe's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Sharpe and Chase get on together so well? Why is Chase one of the few officers Sharpe can bridge the gap in class? How much does their friendship contribute to their final victory?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)