|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe think London smells of?
2. What does revenant mean in French?
3. Whose life did Sharpe save in Assaye?
4. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
5. What does everyone call the Company's symbol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
2. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
3. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
4. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
5. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
6. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
7. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
8. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
9. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
10. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Cornwell develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Cornwell's previous book and contrast it with the Sharpe's Trafalgar in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)