|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where Sharpe spent most of his time while in India?
2. Where did Nelson take over the French boat Pucelle?
3. Why doesn't Tufnell think Cromwell couldn't have sold the ship to the French?
4. What made Sharpe's scar?
5. Why does Cromwell think the British have no chance in defeating France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lord William's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
2. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
3. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
4. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
5. What does Lord William say tell Lady Grace about Braithwaite at the end of the section?
6. What does Braitwaite say in his letter to Lord William?
7. What does Sharpe tell Lord William about the Mahrattas?
8. What is Chase's life like back in England?
9. What does Braithwaite say to Sharpe in a effect to call a truce?
10. What are Lord Nelson's views on modesty?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What qualities make a good soldier? Which characters in the book make good soldiers and why?
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)