|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where Sharpe spent most of his time while in India?
2. Why does Lord William say people go to war?
3. Where would the people who go to sea for pleasure visit in their pastime?
4. What does Sharpe consider as his home?
5. What country are the French steering the ship towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
2. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
3. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
4. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
5. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
6. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
7. How does the author describe Bursay?
8. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
9. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
10. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Sharpe have such appreciation for India? What does his thoughts say about his mindset at the beginning of the novel? What do the students think Sharpe would think about India if he went back?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Sharpe and Chase get on together so well? Why is Chase one of the few officers Sharpe can bridge the gap in class? How much does their friendship contribute to their final victory?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote "Sharpe's Trafalgar" in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)