|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lord William writing about?
(a) The state of the British navy.
(b) The Indian royal court.
(c) The political situation in India.
(d) The state of the British army.
2. Which of the following does Admiral Nelson say is not a virtue?
(d) Good humor.
3. What does Sharpe tell Braithwaite he laughs like?
(a) A dying rat.
(b) A bloody rug.
(c) A sociopath.
(d) A lowlife.
4. Who does Sharpe compare Lord William's appearance to?
5. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Death to the French.
(c) Each to their own.
(d) The honor of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
2. Why does Chase hate having women aboard his ship?
3. What does Armstrong call Clouter in front of Sharpe?
4. Why does Sharpe say Nelson impresses him?
5. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. What is Chase's life like back in England?
3. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
4. What view does Nelson offer on battle tactics?
5. What are Lord William's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
6. What reason does Chase give for inviting Sharpe for dinner with Admiral Nelson?
7. What makes Clouter such a good fighter?
8. Retell the story Chase tells Sharpe and Nelson and Tom Hardy.
9. What are Lady Grace's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. How does Sharpe kill Braithwaite?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)