|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
(b) Chapeau Rouge.
(d) Joan of Arc.
2. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
3. What does Chase ask Collier to do in the hold?
(a) Sing battle songs.
(c) Watch a clock.
(d) Load guns.
4. What famous person do Sharpe and Chase have dinner with in this section?
5. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) Discipline is not part of their culture.
(b) They're pirates.
(c) They're members of the upperclasses.
(d) They're sissys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe say he would carve his way through just to get to Lady Grace?
2. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
3. What member of the navy does Lord William accuse of adultery?
4. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
5. What word does Lord William use to describe Grace's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord William say tell Lady Grace about Braithwaite at the end of the section?
2. What does Braitwaite say in his letter to Lord William?
3. How do the army use muskets?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. How does Sharpe help Lady Grace in this section?
6. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
7. What is Chase's life like back in England?
8. Why does Sharpe think he is so good at close fighting?
9. What are Lord William's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
10. How do Captain Chase and Captain Montmorrin at towards each other during the fighting?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)