|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of metal does Sharpe use to pick the lock?
2. What country does Cromwell call a land of slaves?
3. What German city does Pohlmann say he lives in?
4. Why does Sharpe like India?
(a) He thinks it's a spiritual place.
(b) He thinks it's a playground for adventurers.
(c) He thinks it's homely
(d) He thinks it's the most beautiful country in the world.
5. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
(a) A cricket shot.
(b) A slip of the tongue.
(c) A Freudian slip.
(d) A loving act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe think Britain should pay for his voyage back to India?
2. What suggests that the lock was made in India?
3. What was Cromell looking after for Dalton?
4. What nation does Cromwell call insolent?
5. Why does Cromwell think the British have no chance in defeating France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
2. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
3. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
4. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
5. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
6. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
7. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
8. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
9. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
10. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)