|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nelson take over the French boat Pucelle?
(a) The North Sea.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Severn.
(d) The Amazon.
2. Why does Sharpe like India?
(a) He thinks it's the most beautiful country in the world.
(b) He thinks it's a spiritual place.
(c) He thinks it's homely
(d) He thinks it's a playground for adventurers.
3. What does Sharpe say he was learning while Braithwaite was at Oxford?
(a) How to kill folks.
(b) How to pay his own way.
(c) How to survive.
(d) How to organize men.
4. What does Sharpe use to remove the impurities from the ship's food?
(a) A filtering machine.
(b) A mold remover machine.
(c) A blender.
(d) A wire brush.
5. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
(a) A slip of the tongue.
(b) A Freudian slip.
(c) A cricket shot.
(d) A loving act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pohlman say is the one thing women love?
2. What does Dalton say is the only thing that matters to Americans?
3. What is the language of diplomacy?
4. What does pucelle mean in French?
5. What kind of fruit would Chase like to grow in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
2. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
3. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
4. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
5. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
6. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
7. How does the author describe Bursay?
8. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
9. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
10. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)