|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
(a) A cricket shot.
(b) A Freudian slip.
(c) A loving act.
(d) A slip of the tongue.
2. What made Sharpe's scar?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A nail.
3. What did Wellesey say was more valuable than a soldier's sword?
(a) His brain.
(b) His nose.
(c) His legs.
(d) His eyes.
4. What does Fairley tell Sharpe he will pay him like if he works for him?
(a) A king.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A pauper.
(d) A prince.
5. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
(a) Dante's Inferno.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) Tristram Shandy.
(d) Moll Flanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalton say is the only thing that matters to Americans?
2. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
3. What kind of knife does Sharpe usually eat with?
4. Why has Sharpe bought so many goods from Nana?
5. What does Sharpe say he was learning while Braithwaite was at Oxford?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
2. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
3. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
4. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
5. What are Lord William's views on officers?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
8. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
9. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
10. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)