|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests that the lock was made in India?
(a) Its triangular shape.
(b) Its large size.
(c) Its small size.
(d) Its hexagonal shape.
2. What does everyone call the Company's symbol?
(a) The cat and the gold.
(b) The cat and the cheese.
(c) The king and the bribe.
(d) The king and the cheese.
3. What is served to the richer passengers for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and coffee.
(b) Grits and juice.
(c) Bean on toast and water.
(d) Cinamon toast and tea.
4. What does Panjit tell the naval captain he will do if he doesn't leave his property?
(a) Organize an arrest warrant.
(b) Summon the authorities.
(c) Order his men to fire.
(d) Send out his men.
5. What made Sharpe's scar?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A nail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sails did Tufnell say they could have set to outrun the French boats?
2. What has made holes in the ship's cheese?
3. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
4. What country are the French steering the ship towards?
5. What did Sharpe use to pay for his voyage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
2. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
3. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
4. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
5. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
6. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
7. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
8. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
9. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
10. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)