|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nation does Cromwell call insolent?
2. What kind of fruit would Chase like to grow in England?
3. What is the language of diplomacy?
4. What does Chase say mostly contributes to Grace de Lavarre Gould's fortune?
(a) Her charm.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her intelligence.
5. What kind of sails did Tufnell say they could have set to outrun the French boats?
(d) Blow hards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fairley tell Sharpe he will pay him like if he works for him?
2. Where would the people who go to sea for pleasure visit in their pastime?
3. What does Sharpe say he was learning while Braithwaite was at Oxford?
4. For what reason does Panjit claim the naval captain won't find Nana Rao?
5. What kind of metal does Sharpe use to pick the lock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
3. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
4. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
5. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
6. How does the author describe Bursay?
7. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
8. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
9. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
10. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)