|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chase say Panjit and Nana took their defeat?
(a) Like women.
(b) Like rogues.
(c) Like gentlemen.
(d) Like cowards.
2. Why does Cromwell think the British have no chance in defeating France?
(a) Their army is too small.
(b) They enjoy the good life too much.
(c) They are distracted by India.
(d) They don't have the finances.
3. What does Tufnell show Sharpe how to do?
(a) Tie knots.
(b) Set the sails.
(d) Steer the boat.
4. What has Lieutenant Bursay's face been scarred by?
(a) A sword.
(b) Small pox.
5. What does Sharpe think Grace is born to when she laughs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chase say mostly contributes to Grace de Lavarre Gould's fortune?
2. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
3. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
4. Why does Lord William say people go to war?
5. What has Dalton donated for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lord William's views on officers?
2. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
3. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
4. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
5. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
6. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
7. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
8. How does the author describe Bursay?
9. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
10. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)