|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cromwell think the British have no chance in defeating France?
(a) Their army is too small.
(b) They enjoy the good life too much.
(c) They don't have the finances.
(d) They are distracted by India.
2. Why does Cromwell say his parents sent him to the sea?
(a) To teach him about real life.
(b) They couldn't afford to keep him.
(c) So he would be far from earthly temptation.
(d) To give him a good career.
3. Why does Sharpe think Britain should pay for his voyage back to India?
(a) He has no money left.
(b) They sent him there in the first place.
(c) He is their best ensign.
(d) He is a member of their army.
4. What does Lord William say the army need to win battles?
(d) Heavy artillery.
5. Where Sharpe spent most of his time while in India?
(b) The beach.
(c) The library.
(d) Army barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
2. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
3. How does Panjit attract the attention of the painted god in a niche in the courtyard wall?
4. What nation does Cromwell call insolent?
5. What country are the French steering the ship towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
2. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
3. What does Sharpe think Cromwell and Pohlmann have been planning?
4. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
5. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
6. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
7. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
8. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
9. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
10. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)