|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the barrister say rules Europe?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
2. What does Sharpe think Grace is born to when she laughs?
3. Where would the people who go to sea for pleasure visit in their pastime?
4. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
(a) A slip of the tongue.
(b) A cricket shot.
(c) A Freudian slip.
(d) A loving act.
5. What has Lieutenant Bursay's face been scarred by?
(a) Small pox.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fairley say Peculiar has in his trousers?
2. What is the American ship carrying to Mauritius?
3. What does Chase say mostly contributes to Grace de Lavarre Gould's fortune?
4. What happens to people in India who don't find wealth?
5. What does Sharpe say he was learning while Braithwaite was at Oxford?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
2. What does Sharpe tell Lord William about the Mahrattas?
3. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
4. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
5. How do Captain Chase and Captain Montmorrin at towards each other during the fighting?
6. What are Lord Nelson's views on modesty?
7. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
8. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)