|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of the passenger pass the time on the ship?
2. What is Sharpe's most striking feature?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His pimples.
(c) His lips.
(d) His scar.
3. What does Cromwell tell Sharpe he should hide from the French?
(a) His maps.
(b) His money.
(c) His pocket knife.
(d) His telescope.
4. How does Panjit attract the attention of the painted god in a niche in the courtyard wall?
(a) Chants a mantra.
(b) Rings a handbell.
(d) Whistles twice.
5. Who kills their victims by wringing their necks like chickens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Panjit ask Sharpe to do before he is willing to talk business?
2. What is Baron Von Dornberg's real name?
3. What country are the French steering the ship towards?
4. What does Bursay use to strike Sharpe across the head?
5. What two places in England does Sharpe say he has lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
2. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
3. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
4. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
5. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
6. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
7. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
8. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
9. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
10. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)