|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe think London smells of?
(a) Coal smoke.
(d) Bullock dung.
2. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
(a) Moll Flanders.
(b) Dante's Inferno.
(c) Tristram Shandy.
(d) Oliver Twist.
3. Why does Sharpe believe Cromwell sold the ship to the French?
(a) He wants the excitement.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) He hates all the passengers.
(d) He thinks the French will win the war.
4. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
(a) A whale.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A sea dragon.
(d) A shark.
5. What made Sharpe's scar?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A nail.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fairley say Peculiar has in his trousers?
2. Where Sharpe spent most of his time while in India?
3. Whose life did Sharpe save in Assaye?
4. What German city does Pohlmann say he lives in?
5. What instrument does Matilde play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
2. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
3. Why does Lady Grace say she is so unhappy?
4. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
5. Why is Lady Grace so furious with Lord William in this section?
6. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
7. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
8. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
9. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
10. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)