|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cromwell's cabin smell of?
(b) Dirty clothes.
(d) Sea water.
2. What two places in England does Sharpe say he has lived?
(a) Yorkshire and London.
(b) Brighton and Southampton.
(c) Birmingham and Lancashire.
(d) Liverpool and Manchester.
3. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
(a) A sea dragon.
(b) A shark.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A whale.
4. Which of the ladyship's features make her look sad?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her chin.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her eyes.
5. What does Cromwell say is Britain's natural posture?
(a) To act as a peacemaker.
(b) To look down upon the rest of Europe.
(c) To stand as a small, insignificant island.
(d) To rule the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Cromwell call a land of slaves?
2. Why does Sharpe believe Cromwell sold the ship to the French?
3. What does the steward say would drown on deck?
4. What kind of tree do the lanterns in the yard hang from?
5. What suggests that the lock was made in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
2. What does lady Grace say her life would be like if Sharpe killed Lord William?
3. What is Chase's plans for the Revenant?
4. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
5. Why does Chase say he doesn't like women aboard his ship?
6. What are Lord William's thoughts on Braithwaite's death?
7. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
8. What does Sharpe tell Lord William about the Mahrattas?
9. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
10. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)