|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chase say mostly contributes to Grace de Lavarre Gould's fortune?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her charm.
(d) Her beauty.
2. Which of the ladyship's features make her look sad?
(a) Her chin.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her eyes.
3. Why does Cromwell say his parents sent him to the sea?
(a) To teach him about real life.
(b) They couldn't afford to keep him.
(c) So he would be far from earthly temptation.
(d) To give him a good career.
4. Who does Lord William say was a dunce at school?
(a) Richard Sharpe.
(b) Lady Grace.
(c) Arthur Wellesley.
(d) Peculiar Cromwell.
5. What does Sharpe use to remove the impurities from the ship's food?
(a) A blender.
(b) A mold remover machine.
(c) A filtering machine.
(d) A wire brush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Panjit attract the attention of the painted god in a niche in the courtyard wall?
2. What is the language of diplomacy?
3. What nation does Cromwell call insolent?
4. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
5. What does revenant mean in French?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the food on the ship turned so bad?
2. Why does Sharpe decide to hand his diamonds to Cromwell for safekeeping?
3. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
4. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
5. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
6. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
7. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
8. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
9. What are Braithwaite's reasons for blackmailing Sharpe?
10. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)