|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lady Grace related to Arthur Wellesley?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her half-brother.
(c) He is her brother-in-law.
(d) He is her brother.
2. What country does Cromwell call a land of slaves?
3. What happens to people in India who don't find wealth?
(a) They die.
(b) They are enslaved.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They become homeless.
4. What does Sharpe use to remove the impurities from the ship's food?
(a) A blender.
(b) A mold remover machine.
(c) A filtering machine.
(d) A wire brush.
5. What does Sharpe think London smells of?
(a) Bullock dung.
(b) Coal smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cromwell tell Sharpe he should hide from the French?
2. Which of the following had Sharpe refused to purchase from Nana Rao?
3. What kind of fruit would Chase like to grow in England?
4. Why doesn't Tufnell think Cromwell couldn't have sold the ship to the French?
5. Why does Cromwell say his parents sent him to the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
2. How did Sharpe pay for his voyage back to England?
3. What does Lady Grace tell Sharpe when she sneaks away from Lord William?
4. What is Sharpe's opinion of England?
5. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
6. What excuse do the French offer for Bursay's actions?
7. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
8. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
9. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
10. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)