|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
(a) A Lancashire accent.
(b) A Yorkshire accent.
(c) A Cornish accent.
(d) A Devonshire accent.
2. What instrument does Matilde play?
(a) The flute.
(b) The violin.
(c) A harp.
(d) The guitar.
3. In which part of Bombay sit the wealthy houses?
(a) The Malabar hills.
4. What suggests that the lock was made in India?
(a) Its triangular shape.
(b) Its small size.
(c) Its large size.
(d) Its hexagonal shape.
5. What does Chase say Sharpe is rather than just an ensign?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A SEAL.
(c) An angel.
(d) A natural soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the language of diplomacy?
2. What does Bursay use to strike Sharpe across the head?
3. What is served to the richer passengers for breakfast?
4. What does Pohlman say is the one thing women love?
5. What does Dalton say would make for sad business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Sharpe on the ship?
2. What is Sharpe talking to Nana Rao about at the beginning of this section?
3. What is Sharpe's opinion of Lord William Hale?
4. What are Lord William's views on officers?
5. Why is Braithwaite so bitter about life?
6. How does Sharpe help out Lord and Lady Hale in this section?
7. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
8. Who is Anthony Pohlman?
9. What does Sharpe think Cromwell and Pohlmann have been planning?
10. What deal do Sharpe and Chase make with Nana and Pajito?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)