|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sharpe pursued by in his dream?
(a) A negro.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A british officer.
(d) A harlot.
2. What does Lord William say the army need to win battles?
(c) Heavy artillery.
3. In which part of Bombay sit the wealthy houses?
(b) The Malabar hills.
4. How does Chase say Panjit and Nana took their defeat?
(a) Like rogues.
(b) Like gentlemen.
(c) Like cowards.
(d) Like women.
5. Why does Sharpe believe Cromwell sold the ship to the French?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) He wants the excitement.
(c) He thinks the French will win the war.
(d) He hates all the passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the language of diplomacy?
2. What does Pohlman say is the one thing women love?
3. What does pucelle mean in French?
4. What kind of sails did Tufnell say they could have set to outrun the French boats?
5. What does Cromwell say is Britain's natural posture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lord William's views on officers?
2. How does Sharpe kill Barsey?
3. How does Sharpe persuade Braithwaite to keep quiet about his affair with Lady Grace?
4. What does Sharpe tell Chase about Pohlmann?
5. How does Sharpe save Captain Chase and his men?
6. Why does Sharpe decide to tell Lady Grace the secret about Pohlmann?
7. What is Sharpe's opinion of India?
8. Why does Lady Grace begin to worry Sharpe in chapter six?
9. How does Sharpe help prepare for battle with the Revenant?
10. What do the other people aboard the ship think of Sharpe's affair with Lady Grace?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)