|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the following does Sharpe say are difficult to aim?
2. Who does Chase toss the orange to?
3. What does Grace say Lord William would do if he had any courage?
(a) Give her a son.
(b) Join in the fighting.
(c) Kill Sharpe.
(d) Call in reinforcements.
4. What does Clouter call his weapon?
(a) A slaughter pen.
(b) A smasher.
(c) A clouter.
(d) A fink.
5. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
(a) The British upper-classes.
(b) The fighting abiities of the Jettis.
(c) The British army.
(d) The fighting abilities of the Mahrattas.
6. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They have both rescued each other.
(b) They both have scars on their faces.
(c) They have both sailed a ship.
(d) They are both the same rank.
7. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
8. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Captain Chase.
(b) Lieutenant Swallow.
(c) Captain Llewellyn.
(d) Sergeant Armstrong.
9. What word does Braithwaite use when Sharpe accuses him of blackmailing Lady Grace?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
(a) He has a big ego.
(b) He is prone to violence.
(c) It is what Chase would want.
(d) The men know him.
11. What famous person dies in this section?
12. What does Lady Grace say politicians do instead of fighting?
13. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
(a) The Revenant.
(b) The Redoubtable.
(c) The Napolean.
(d) The Victory.
14. Why does Sharpe say Nelson impresses him?
(a) He is a real military man.
(b) He has good humor.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is a natural leader.
15. Who does Sharpe say had a bad habit of choosing the wrong side?
(c) Lord William.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
2. Which character in this section is described as having a fragile air?
3. Who captains the Pucelle?
4. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
5. What does Lord William hope his position will be in five years time?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)