|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Armstrong's rank?
2. What does Braithwaite say he has left in Sir William's suitcase?
(a) A letter.
(b) An explosive.
3. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their emotions.
(b) Their grosser appetites.
(c) Their funny turns.
(d) Their maternal instinct.
4. What is the name of the ship that Chase goes after?
5. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They have both rescued each other.
(b) They are both the same rank.
(c) They have both sailed a ship.
(d) They both have scars on their faces.
6. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A diplomat.
7. Who helps Sharpe pull Lord William onto the deck?
(c) Lady Grace.
(d) Captain Chase.
8. What do sailors like to grease ladders with as a practical joke?
9. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A volley gun.
(d) A smasher gun.
10. What causes the French officer to drop his sword on deck?
(a) Clouter's presence.
(b) Sharpe's expression.
(c) Chase's orders.
(d) Sharpe's gun.
11. Who does Sharpe compare Lord William's appearance to?
12. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) Dante's Inferno.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Iliad.
13. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
(a) The cooking cabin.
(b) The dining cabin.
(c) The wash cabin.
(d) The captain's cabin.
14. Who did Bursay tell Grace he hated?
(a) The English.
15. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fairley say Parliament is full of?
2. Which are the following does Sharpe say are difficult to aim?
3. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
4. How does the Pucelle drag the ship through water when the wind drops?
5. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)