|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
(a) A volley gun.
(b) A smasher gun.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A rifle.
2. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
(b) Lord William.
(c) Lady Grace.
3. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
4. Which character in this section is described as having a fragile air?
(a) Lord William.
5. Who does Chase toss the orange to?
6. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
7. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They are both the same rank.
(b) They have both sailed a ship.
(c) They have both rescued each other.
(d) They both have scars on their faces.
8. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're pirates.
(b) They're members of the upperclasses.
(c) They're sissys.
(d) Discipline is not part of their culture.
9. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their maternal instinct.
(b) Their funny turns.
(c) Their grosser appetites.
(d) Their emotions.
10. Why does Braithewaite say he is like Sharpe?
(a) He is also a criminal.
(b) He also Lord William.
(c) He is also from Yorkshire.
(d) He is also poor.
11. What has killed Pearson?
(a) A volley gun.
(d) A cannonball.
12. What is Armstrong's rank?
13. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
(c) Joan of Arc.
(d) Chapeau Rouge.
14. What is the name of Chase's second in command?
15. What is Lord William writing about?
(a) The political situation in India.
(b) The state of the British navy.
(c) The state of the British army.
(d) The Indian royal court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe give Lady Grace to protect herself with?
2. Who does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he should kill?
3. What does Sharpe throw at Braithwaite before he kills him?
4. What does Sharpe tell Braithwaite he laughs like?
5. How does Sharpe kill Braithwaite?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)