|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Admiral Nelson say is not a virtue?
(a) Good humor.
2. What does Peel say causes a lull in the wind?
(a) Raising the sails too early.
(b) Firing guns.
3. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They have both sailed a ship.
(b) They are both the same rank.
(c) They both have scars on their faces.
(d) They have both rescued each other.
4. What famous person dies in this section?
5. What is the name of Sir Arthur's horse?
(a) Blue Peter.
6. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're members of the upperclasses.
(b) Discipline is not part of their culture.
(c) They're pirates.
(d) They're sissys.
7. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
(a) A smasher gun.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A volley gun.
(d) A pistol.
8. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
(a) The hard wind.
(b) The thick air.
(c) The sound of the guns.
(d) The screaming.
9. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
(a) Lady Grace.
(c) Lord William.
10. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
(a) The British upper-classes.
(b) The British army.
(c) The fighting abiities of the Jettis.
(d) The fighting abilities of the Mahrattas.
11. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Sergeant Armstrong.
(b) Captain Chase.
(c) Captain Llewellyn.
(d) Lieutenant Swallow.
12. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A parson.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A journalist.
13. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He throws him into the sea.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He chops off his head.
14. What does Fairley say Parliament is full of?
(a) Dog eaters.
(b) Men from Mars.
15. Why does Sharpe say Nelson impresses him?
(a) He is a real military man.
(b) He is a natural leader.
(c) He has good humor.
(d) He is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharpe spot going into the ship's hold?
2. What do sailors like to grease ladders with as a practical joke?
3. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
4. What does Lady Grace say politicians do instead of fighting?
5. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)