|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chase tell Sharpe he can't move sideways?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A queen.
(c) A king.
(d) A pawn.
2. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They both have scars on their faces.
(b) They have both rescued each other.
(c) They are both the same rank.
(d) They have both sailed a ship.
3. What does Clouter call his weapon?
(a) A fink.
(b) A slaughter pen.
(c) A clouter.
(d) A smasher.
4. What famous person do Sharpe and Chase have dinner with in this section?
5. What is the name of Admiral Nelson's ship?
(a) The Victory.
(b) The Ego.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Champion.
6. What does Grace say Lord William would do if he had any courage?
(a) Give her a son.
(b) Kill Sharpe.
(c) Join in the fighting.
(d) Call in reinforcements.
7. What word in his letter did Braithwaite underline?
8. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
(a) The hard wind.
(b) The screaming.
(c) The sound of the guns.
(d) The thick air.
9. What word does Lord William use to describe Grace's father?
10. What does Lord William prefer to do after supper rather than play chess?
(a) Play backgammon.
11. Who captains the Pucelle?
12. What famous person dies in this section?
13. What does Sharpe give Lady Grace to protect herself with?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A musket.
14. What does Chase ask Collier to do in the hold?
(a) Load guns.
(b) Watch a clock.
(c) Sing battle songs.
15. Which member of the crew has lost his right forearm?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Grace want to help during the battle?
2. Why does Sharpe say Nelson impresses him?
3. What does Sharpe throw at Braithwaite before he kills him?
4. Who does Lord William call a whelp?
5. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)