|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
2. Which are the following does Sharpe say are difficult to aim?
3. What does Lady Grace say politicians do instead of fighting?
4. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their grosser appetites.
(b) Their maternal instinct.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their funny turns.
5. Who does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he should kill?
(a) Lord William.
(c) Lady Grace.
(d) Captain Chase.
6. Who does Sharpe spot going into the ship's hold?
(a) Lady Grace.
(d) Lord William.
7. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
(a) The screaming.
(b) The thick air.
(c) The hard wind.
(d) The sound of the guns.
8. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) Dante's Inferno.
9. What does Sharpe give Lady Grace to protect herself with?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A musket.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A pistol.
10. Which character in this section is described as having a fragile air?
(a) Lord William.
11. Whose luggage does Braithwaite go through?
(b) Lord William's.
(c) Lady Grace's.
12. How does Sharpe kill Braithwaite?
(a) He pulls out his tongue.
(b) He breaks his neck.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He drowns him.
13. What has killed Pearson?
(b) A cannonball.
(d) A volley gun.
14. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Captain Chase.
(b) Sergeant Armstrong.
(c) Captain Llewellyn.
(d) Lieutenant Swallow.
15. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're pirates.
(b) They're members of the upperclasses.
(c) They're sissys.
(d) Discipline is not part of their culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Braithewaite say he is like Sharpe?
2. Who does Chase toss the orange to?
3. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
4. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
5. Why does Lord William think Lady Grace is pregnant?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)