|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do sailors like to grease ladders with as a practical joke?
2. How does Sharpe kill Braithwaite?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He pulls out his tongue.
(d) He breaks his neck.
3. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
(a) The captain's cabin.
(b) The wash cabin.
(c) The dining cabin.
(d) The cooking cabin.
4. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
(b) Chapeau Rouge.
(d) Joan of Arc.
5. What does Lord William hope his position will be in five years time?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Home Secretary.
(c) Field Marshall.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
6. How does Lady Grace want to help during the battle?
(a) By acting as the doctor's assistant.
(b) By loading guns.
(c) By shooting a cannon.
(d) By giving out water.
7. Which character in this section is described as having a fragile air?
(d) Lord William.
8. Which member of the crew has lost his right forearm?
9. What is the name of the ship that Chase goes after?
10. Why does the author say the British fire faster than the French?
(a) They own smaller guns.
(b) They own better equipment.
(c) They have their own loading men.
(d) They are better trained.
11. What kind of man does Clouter say has no chance of killing him?
(a) A black man.
(b) A cowardly man.
(c) An ugly man.
(d) A white man.
12. What does Sharpe tell Braithwaite he laughs like?
(a) A bloody rug.
(b) A lowlife.
(c) A dying rat.
(d) A sociopath.
13. Who does Lord William call a whelp?
(c) His son.
14. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) Each to their own.
(b) Kill them.
(c) The honor of England.
(d) Death to the French.
15. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their funny turns.
(b) Their maternal instinct.
(c) Their grosser appetites.
(d) Their emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
2. Who captains the Pucelle?
3. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
4. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
5. Who will take over the ship if Chase dies?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)