|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous person dies in this section?
2. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They both have scars on their faces.
(b) They have both sailed a ship.
(c) They are both the same rank.
(d) They have both rescued each other.
3. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
(a) A brass button.
(b) A hawk's beak.
(c) A ski slope.
(d) A pelican's beak.
4. Why does Lord William think Lady Grace is pregnant?
(a) She looks satisfied.
(b) She always looks tired.
(c) She vomits most mornings.
(d) She is getting bigger each day.
5. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Captain Chase.
(b) Sergeant Armstrong.
(c) Lieutenant Swallow.
(d) Captain Llewellyn.
6. What is the name of Admiral Nelson's ship?
(a) The Victory.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Ego.
(d) The Champion.
7. Who does Lord William call a whelp?
(a) His son.
8. What is the name of Chase's second in command?
9. What does Sharpe ask Simmons to fetch?
(a) Gun powder.
(d) Cannon balls.
10. Why does Sharpe say Nelson impresses him?
(a) He is a natural leader.
(b) He is a real military man.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He has good humor.
11. What does Chase ask Collier to bring back up from the deck?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A bunch of bananas.
(c) A bottle of rum.
(d) A net of oranges.
12. What does Sharpe throw at Braithwaite before he kills him?
13. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A diplomat.
14. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
(a) He has a big ego.
(b) He is prone to violence.
(c) It is what Chase would want.
(d) The men know him.
15. Who is Lord William writing his report for?
(a) The American government.
(b) The British government.
(c) His father.
(d) The East Indian Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the French officer to drop his sword on deck?
2. What does Peel say causes a lull in the wind?
3. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
4. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
5. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)