|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A diplomat.
(d) A policeman.
2. What famous person dies in this section?
3. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
(a) A ski slope.
(b) A pelican's beak.
(c) A hawk's beak.
(d) A brass button.
4. Which of the following does Admiral Nelson say is not a virtue?
(b) Good humor.
5. Who does Sharpe say is usually the winner in a military battle?
(a) The side that fires accurately.
(b) The side that loads fastest.
(c) The side that captures the other's flag.
(d) The side that takes risks.
6. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're members of the upperclasses.
(b) Discipline is not part of their culture.
(c) They're sissys.
(d) They're pirates.
7. What does Chase ask Collier to bring back up from the deck?
(a) A net of oranges.
(b) A bottle of rum.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A bunch of bananas.
8. What does Armstrong call Clouter in front of Sharpe?
(a) A heathen.
(b) A savage.
(c) A hop-along.
(d) An Uncle Tom.
9. What does Chase offer to teach Sharpe to play?
10. What word in his letter did Braithwaite underline?
11. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
(c) Chapeau Rouge.
(d) Joan of Arc.
12. Which are the following does Sharpe say are difficult to aim?
13. What kind of people are the only people Armstrong likes?
(a) People from River Tyne.
(b) People from Northumberland.
(c) People from Scotland.
(d) People from London.
14. Which character in this section is described as having a fragile air?
(d) Lord William.
15. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharpe compare Lord William's appearance to?
2. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
3. Who does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he should kill?
4. Who does Sharpe spot going into the ship's hold?
5. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)