Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe say is usually the winner in a military battle?
(a) The side that takes risks.
(b) The side that fires accurately.
(c) The side that loads fastest.
(d) The side that captures the other's flag.
2. Who were the British fighting when Nelson went back for Hardy?
(a) The Austrians.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
3. What does Armstrong call Clouter in front of Sharpe?
(a) A heathen.
(b) A savage.
(c) A hop-along.
(d) An Uncle Tom.
4. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
(a) He chops off his head.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He throws him into the sea.
(d) He stabs him.
5. How does Sharpe think Braithwaite could have dislocated both his arm?
(a) Caught them in the ladder's rungs.
(b) Landed on top of them.
(c) Caught them on a barrow on the way down.
(d) Disolated them when opening the door.
6. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
(a) The sound of the guns.
(b) The thick air.
(c) The screaming.
(d) The hard wind.
7. What famous person do Sharpe and Chase have dinner with in this section?
8. What does Grace say Lord William would do if he had any courage?
(a) Kill Sharpe.
(b) Give her a son.
(c) Call in reinforcements.
(d) Join in the fighting.
9. What kind of people are the only people Armstrong likes?
(a) People from River Tyne.
(b) People from Scotland.
(c) People from London.
(d) People from Northumberland.
10. Who will take over the ship if Chase dies?
11. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're members of the upperclasses.
(b) They're sissys.
(c) Discipline is not part of their culture.
(d) They're pirates.
12. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) Kill them.
(b) The honor of England.
(c) Death to the French.
(d) Each to their own.
13. How does Sharpe disguise that Braithwaite has been murdered?
(a) He throws him into the sea.
(b) He hides his body in a suitcase.
(c) He makes it look like he died from too much drink.
(d) He makes it look like he fell from his ladder.
14. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They both have scars on their faces.
(b) They have both rescued each other.
(c) They are both the same rank.
(d) They have both sailed a ship.
15. What famous person dies in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say the British fire faster than the French?
2. What kind of man does Clouter say has no chance of killing him?
3. What does Sharpe ask Simmons to fetch?
4. What does Chase ask Collier to bring back up from the deck?
5. What does Lord William hope his position will be in five years time?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)