|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord William tell Lady Grace he dislikes Braithwaite?
(a) He lacked subtlety.
(b) He was common.
(c) He had no humor.
(d) He was dishonest.
2. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
(a) The cooking cabin.
(b) The wash cabin.
(c) The dining cabin.
(d) The captain's cabin.
3. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
(a) The British upper-classes.
(b) The British army.
(c) The fighting abiities of the Jettis.
(d) The fighting abilities of the Mahrattas.
4. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A journalist.
5. Which of the following does Admiral Nelson say is not a virtue?
(d) Good humor.
6. Why does the author say the British fire faster than the French?
(a) They own better equipment.
(b) They are better trained.
(c) They own smaller guns.
(d) They have their own loading men.
7. What does Lord William hope his position will be in five years time?
(a) Home Secretary.
(b) Field Marshall.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
8. What do sailors like to grease ladders with as a practical joke?
9. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
(a) A brass button.
(b) A ski slope.
(c) A hawk's beak.
(d) A pelican's beak.
10. What member of the navy does Lord William accuse of adultery?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Richard Sharpe.
(c) Captain Cromwell.
(d) Captain Chase.
11. Whose luggage does Braithwaite go through?
(a) Lord William's.
(c) Lady Grace's.
12. What is the name of Admiral Nelson's ship?
(a) The Champion.
(b) The Ego.
(c) The Victory.
(d) The Eagle.
13. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
14. What does Sharpe claim Braithwaite wants Lady Grace to give him in return for his silence?
(a) Her estate.
(b) Her diamonds.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her jewels.
15. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
(a) He has a big ego.
(b) He is prone to violence.
(c) The men know him.
(d) It is what Chase would want.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the French officer to drop his sword on deck?
2. How does Lady Grace want to help during the battle?
3. What does Chase offer to teach Sharpe to play?
4. What does Sharpe say he would carve his way through just to get to Lady Grace?
5. Who did Bursay tell Grace he hated?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)