|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Sharpe pull Lord William onto the deck?
(b) Captain Chase.
(d) Lady Grace.
2. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
(a) Dante's Inferno.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Odyssey.
3. Who will take over the ship if Chase dies?
4. What do sailors like to grease ladders with as a practical joke?
5. What does Sharpe claim Braithwaite wants Lady Grace to give him in return for his silence?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her estate.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her diamonds.
6. Who does Sharpe say is usually the winner in a military battle?
(a) The side that fires accurately.
(b) The side that captures the other's flag.
(c) The side that loads fastest.
(d) The side that takes risks.
7. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A parson.
8. Why does Chase hate having women aboard his ship?
(a) They always cause trouble.
(b) They are always critical of his ways.
(c) The men don't work so hard.
(d) Its bad luck.
9. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
10. What does Lord William ask Lady Grace to read?
(a) Sharpe's letter.
(b) Brathwaite's letter.
(c) His report.
(d) The Odyssey.
11. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
(c) Chapeau Rouge.
(d) Joan of Arc.
12. How does Sharpe kill Braithwaite?
(a) He breaks his neck.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He pulls out his tongue.
(d) He stabs him.
13. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Lieutenant Swallow.
(b) Captain Llewellyn.
(c) Captain Chase.
(d) Sergeant Armstrong.
14. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their grosser appetites.
(b) Their funny turns.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their maternal instinct.
15. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
(a) The screaming.
(b) The thick air.
(c) The sound of the guns.
(d) The hard wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Grace want to help during the battle?
2. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
3. Who does Chase toss the orange to?
4. What word does Braithwaite use when Sharpe accuses him of blackmailing Lady Grace?
5. Who captains the Pucelle?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)