|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
(b) Lord William.
(c) Lady Grace.
2. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) Each to their own.
(b) The honor of England.
(c) Death to the French.
(d) Kill them.
3. What does Lord William ask Lady Grace to read?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) Brathwaite's letter.
(c) His report.
(d) Sharpe's letter.
4. What word does Braithwaite use when Sharpe accuses him of blackmailing Lady Grace?
5. What does Lord William prefer to do after supper rather than play chess?
(d) Play backgammon.
6. What does Chase use to speak to Montmorin?
(a) A messenger boy.
(b) A microphone.
(c) His choir.
(d) A speaking trumpet.
7. Whose death does Lady Grace say she dreams of?
(c) Lord William's.
8. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
9. How does Sharpe disguise that Braithwaite has been murdered?
(a) He throws him into the sea.
(b) He makes it look like he died from too much drink.
(c) He makes it look like he fell from his ladder.
(d) He hides his body in a suitcase.
10. Why does Braithewaite say he is like Sharpe?
(a) He is also poor.
(b) He also Lord William.
(c) He is also from Yorkshire.
(d) He is also a criminal.
11. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
(a) The Napolean.
(b) The Revenant.
(c) The Victory.
(d) The Redoubtable.
12. What does Chase offer to teach Sharpe to play?
13. How does the Pucelle drag the ship through water when the wind drops?
(a) Turning on the motor.
(b) Uses dolphins to tow it.
(c) Creating their own wind.
(d) Uses rowing boats to tow it.
14. What does Sharpe throw at Braithwaite before he kills him?
15. What does Clouter call his weapon?
(a) A fink.
(b) A clouter.
(c) A slaughter pen.
(d) A smasher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of the navy does Lord William accuse of adultery?
2. Why does Lord William think Lady Grace is pregnant?
3. What is Armstrong's rank?
4. Who will take over the ship if Chase dies?
5. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)