|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
(a) The Redoubtable.
(b) The Revenant.
(c) The Victory.
(d) The Napolean.
2. What is the name of Chase's second in command?
3. What word in his letter did Braithwaite underline?
4. Who does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he should kill?
(a) Captain Chase.
(b) Lady Grace.
(c) Lord William.
5. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their grosser appetites.
(b) Their maternal instinct.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their funny turns.
6. How does Sharpe think Braithwaite could have dislocated both his arm?
(a) Caught them on a barrow on the way down.
(b) Landed on top of them.
(c) Disolated them when opening the door.
(d) Caught them in the ladder's rungs.
7. What does Braithwaite say he has left in Sir William's suitcase?
(a) A letter.
(c) An explosive.
8. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're members of the upperclasses.
(b) Discipline is not part of their culture.
(c) They're pirates.
(d) They're sissys.
9. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
(a) The British upper-classes.
(b) The British army.
(c) The fighting abiities of the Jettis.
(d) The fighting abilities of the Mahrattas.
10. What kind of people are the only people Armstrong likes?
(a) People from Scotland.
(b) People from London.
(c) People from Northumberland.
(d) People from River Tyne.
11. How does Sharpe kill Braithwaite?
(a) He breaks his neck.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He drowns him.
(d) He pulls out his tongue.
12. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A policeman.
13. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They have both rescued each other.
(b) They have both sailed a ship.
(c) They are both the same rank.
(d) They both have scars on their faces.
14. What does Sharpe give Lady Grace to protect herself with?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A musket.
(d) A crucifix.
15. What does Chase ask Collier to do in the hold?
(a) Load guns.
(c) Sing battle songs.
(d) Watch a clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lord William call a whelp?
2. What is the name of Sir Arthur's horse?
3. Whose luggage does Braithwaite go through?
4. Who does Sharpe spot going into the ship's hold?
5. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)