|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord William prefer to do after supper rather than play chess?
(d) Play backgammon.
2. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
(a) The Napolean.
(b) The Revenant.
(c) The Victory.
(d) The Redoubtable.
3. Why does the author say the British fire faster than the French?
(a) They own smaller guns.
(b) They have their own loading men.
(c) They are better trained.
(d) They own better equipment.
4. What kind of people are the only people Armstrong likes?
(a) People from River Tyne.
(b) People from Northumberland.
(c) People from Scotland.
(d) People from London.
5. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
(a) A volley gun.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A smasher gun.
6. Who did Lord Nelson refuse to leave behind?
(a) Joel Chase.
(b) William Hurt.
(c) Tom Hardy.
(d) Richard Sharpe.
7. What does Chase use to speak to Montmorin?
(a) A speaking trumpet.
(b) A microphone.
(c) His choir.
(d) A messenger boy.
8. Whose luggage does Braithwaite go through?
(a) Lord William's.
(d) Lady Grace's.
9. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
(a) The fighting abiities of the Jettis.
(b) The British army.
(c) The fighting abilities of the Mahrattas.
(d) The British upper-classes.
10. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
11. What does Lady Grace say politicians do instead of fighting?
12. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Captain Chase.
(b) Sergeant Armstrong.
(c) Lieutenant Swallow.
(d) Captain Llewellyn.
13. What word in his letter did Braithwaite underline?
14. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
(a) Lady Grace.
(c) Lord William.
15. What word does Braithwaite use when Sharpe accuses him of blackmailing Lady Grace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captains the Pucelle?
2. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
3. Who does Sharpe say had a bad habit of choosing the wrong side?
4. How does the Pucelle drag the ship through water when the wind drops?
5. Who will take over the ship if Chase dies?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)