|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace say Lord William would do if he had any courage?
(a) Join in the fighting.
(b) Kill Sharpe.
(c) Give her a son.
(d) Call in reinforcements.
2. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
3. What is the name of the ship that saves Sharpe and the others?
(a) Joan of Arc.
(c) Chapeau Rouge.
4. Who does Sharpe say had a bad habit of choosing the wrong side?
(c) Lord William.
5. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
(a) A parson.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
6. What is Armstrong's rank?
7. Who did Lord Nelson refuse to leave behind?
(a) Richard Sharpe.
(b) Tom Hardy.
(c) William Hurt.
(d) Joel Chase.
8. What does Sharpe throw at Braithwaite before he kills him?
9. What does Chase offer to teach Sharpe to play?
10. Which member of the crew has broken his leg?
(a) Lieutenant Swallow.
(b) Sergeant Armstrong.
(c) Captain Chase.
(d) Captain Llewellyn.
11. Why does Chase say him and Sharpe are equal?
(a) They both have scars on their faces.
(b) They have both rescued each other.
(c) They have both sailed a ship.
(d) They are both the same rank.
12. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their emotions.
(b) Their grosser appetites.
(c) Their maternal instinct.
(d) Their funny turns.
13. What does Chase use to speak to Montmorin?
(a) A messenger boy.
(b) A speaking trumpet.
(c) His choir.
(d) A microphone.
14. How does Sharpe disguise that Braithwaite has been murdered?
(a) He throws him into the sea.
(b) He makes it look like he died from too much drink.
(c) He makes it look like he fell from his ladder.
(d) He hides his body in a suitcase.
15. What does Fairley say Parliament is full of?
(a) Men from Mars.
(d) Dog eaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Lord William use to describe Grace's father?
2. Who captains the Pucelle?
3. What word in his letter did Braithwaite underline?
4. Why does Lord William tell Lady Grace he dislikes Braithwaite?
5. What does Sharpe claim Braithwaite wants Lady Grace to give him in return for his silence?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)