|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do sailors like to grease ladders with as a practical joke?
2. What does Fairley say Parliament is full of?
(a) Men from Mars.
(c) Dog eaters.
3. What does Chase tell Sharpe he can't move sideways?
(a) A king.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A pawn.
(d) A queen.
4. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A parson.
5. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
(a) A hawk's beak.
(b) A ski slope.
(c) A brass button.
(d) A pelican's beak.
6. What is the name of the ship that Chase goes after?
7. What famous person do Sharpe and Chase have dinner with in this section?
8. What does Braithwaite say he has left in Sir William's suitcase?
(a) An explosive.
(b) A letter.
9. What does Lord William want Sharpe's opinion on?
(a) The British army.
(b) The British upper-classes.
(c) The fighting abiities of the Jettis.
(d) The fighting abilities of the Mahrattas.
10. Who does Chase toss the orange to?
11. What is the name of Sir Arthur's horse?
(b) Blue Peter.
12. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Death to the French.
(c) The honor of England.
(d) Each to their own.
13. What does Lord William prefer to do after supper rather than play chess?
(a) Play backgammon.
14. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A diplomat.
15. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord William think Lady Grace is pregnant?
2. What does Chase use to speak to Montmorin?
3. What does Chase ask Collier to do in the hold?
4. What causes the French officer to drop his sword on deck?
5. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)