|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say the British fire faster than the French?
(a) They have their own loading men.
(b) They are better trained.
(c) They own smaller guns.
(d) They own better equipment.
2. What does Sharpe ask Simmons to fetch?
(c) Cannon balls.
(d) Gun powder.
3. What kind of man does Clouter say has no chance of killing him?
(a) A white man.
(b) A black man.
(c) An ugly man.
(d) A cowardly man.
4. Who helps Sharpe pull Lord William onto the deck?
(a) Captain Chase.
(c) Lady Grace.
5. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
(a) The Redoubtable.
(b) The Victory.
(c) The Napolean.
(d) The Revenant.
6. What does Sharpe say he would carve his way through just to get to Lady Grace?
(a) A crowd of rioters.
(b) A herd of goats.
(c) A battalion.
(d) An army.
7. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
8. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) Dante's Inferno.
9. What kind of people are the only people Armstrong likes?
(a) People from Northumberland.
(b) People from River Tyne.
(c) People from Scotland.
(d) People from London.
10. What is the name of Chase's second in command?
11. What does Sharpe give Lady Grace to protect herself with?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A musket.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A pistol.
12. What is the name of Sir Arthur's horse?
(b) Blue Peter.
13. What does Lord William ask Lady Grace to read?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) His report.
(c) Brathwaite's letter.
(d) Sharpe's letter.
14. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A diplomat.
(d) A lawyer.
15. How does Lady Grace want to help during the battle?
(a) By acting as the doctor's assistant.
(b) By shooting a cannon.
(c) By giving out water.
(d) By loading guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Armstrong use?
2. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
3. Who captains the Pucelle?
4. Who were the British fighting when Nelson went back for Hardy?
5. What does Chase ask Collier to bring back up from the deck?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)