|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lady Grace.
2. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
(a) The thick air.
(b) The hard wind.
(c) The screaming.
(d) The sound of the guns.
3. Why does the author say the British fire faster than the French?
(a) They have their own loading men.
(b) They own better equipment.
(c) They are better trained.
(d) They own smaller guns.
4. Why does Chase hate having women aboard his ship?
(a) Its bad luck.
(b) The men don't work so hard.
(c) They always cause trouble.
(d) They are always critical of his ways.
5. What does Chase use to speak to Montmorin?
(a) A messenger boy.
(b) A speaking trumpet.
(c) A microphone.
(d) His choir.
6. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) The honor of England.
(b) Death to the French.
(c) Each to their own.
(d) Kill them.
7. What does Sharpe claim Braithwaite wants Lady Grace to give him in return for his silence?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her estate.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her diamonds.
8. Who is Lord William writing his report for?
(a) The British government.
(b) The American government.
(c) The East Indian Company.
(d) His father.
9. Who were the British fighting when Nelson went back for Hardy?
(a) The Austrians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Spanish.
10. How does Sharpe disguise that Braithwaite has been murdered?
(a) He makes it look like he fell from his ladder.
(b) He throws him into the sea.
(c) He hides his body in a suitcase.
(d) He makes it look like he died from too much drink.
11. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
(a) A parson.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A lawyer.
12. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
(a) The Napolean.
(b) The Redoubtable.
(c) The Victory.
(d) The Revenant.
13. What causes the French officer to drop his sword on deck?
(a) Sharpe's gun.
(b) Clouter's presence.
(c) Chase's orders.
(d) Sharpe's expression.
14. What has killed Pearson?
(c) A cannonball.
(d) A volley gun.
15. What member of the navy does Lord William accuse of adultery?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Chase.
(c) Captain Cromwell.
(d) Richard Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe think Braithwaite could have dislocated both his arm?
2. What does Lord William hope his position will be in five years time?
3. What does Valliard tell Sharpe is his job?
4. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
5. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)