|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he should kill?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lady Grace.
(d) Captain Chase.
2. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
3. Who does Sharpe spot going into the ship's hold?
(b) Lord William.
(d) Lady Grace.
4. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
5. Who does Chase toss the orange to?
6. Who helps Sharpe pull Lord William onto the deck?
(b) Lady Grace.
(c) Captain Chase.
7. What member of the navy does Lord William accuse of adultery?
(a) Captain Chase.
(b) Captain Cromwell.
(c) Richard Sharpe.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
8. How does the Pucelle drag the ship through water when the wind drops?
(a) Creating their own wind.
(b) Uses dolphins to tow it.
(c) Turning on the motor.
(d) Uses rowing boats to tow it.
9. What kind of man does Clouter say has no chance of killing him?
(a) A cowardly man.
(b) A white man.
(c) A black man.
(d) An ugly man.
10. What does Sharpe say Lord William's nose looks like?
(a) A hawk's beak.
(b) A ski slope.
(c) A pelican's beak.
(d) A brass button.
11. What word does Lord William use to describe Grace's father?
12. Who is Lord William writing his report for?
(a) The American government.
(b) The British government.
(c) His father.
(d) The East Indian Company.
13. What does Armstrong call Clouter in front of Sharpe?
(a) An Uncle Tom.
(b) A hop-along.
(c) A savage.
(d) A heathen.
14. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
(a) The wash cabin.
(b) The dining cabin.
(c) The cooking cabin.
(d) The captain's cabin.
15. What does Sharpe shriek as he leads a swarm of crazed men forward?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Death to the French.
(c) The honor of England.
(d) Each to their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
2. What causes the French officer to drop his sword on deck?
3. Who does Sharpe say is usually the winner in a military battle?
4. What has caused some men's noses to bleed?
5. Why does Sharpe decide to give into Armstrong's leadership?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)