|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people are the only people Armstrong likes?
(a) People from River Tyne.
(b) People from London.
(c) People from Scotland.
(d) People from Northumberland.
2. Which of the following does Sharpe say one needs for close fighting?
3. What does Chase tell Sharpe he can't move sideways?
(a) A queen.
(b) A pawn.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A king.
4. What does Sharpe ask Simmons to fetch?
(c) Gun powder.
(d) Cannon balls.
5. Who helps Sharpe pull Lord William onto the deck?
(a) Lady Grace.
(b) Captain Chase.
6. What does Lord William prefer to do after supper rather than play chess?
(a) Play backgammon.
7. What does Chase ask Collier to bring back up from the deck?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A bottle of rum.
(c) A bunch of bananas.
(d) A net of oranges.
8. What does Grace say Lord William would do if he had any courage?
(a) Kill Sharpe.
(b) Join in the fighting.
(c) Call in reinforcements.
(d) Give her a son.
9. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
(a) The cooking cabin.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The dining cabin.
(d) The wash cabin.
10. What is Braitewaite's father's job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A parson.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
11. How does Sharpe kill Valliard?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He chops off his head.
(c) He throws him into the sea.
(d) He stabs him.
12. What does Chase ask Collier to do in the hold?
(a) Watch a clock.
(b) Sing battle songs.
(d) Load guns.
13. Which member of the Revenant does Chase say he would like to take alive?
14. Who calls the Baron a Buffoon?
(a) Lady Grace.
(d) Lord William.
15. Why does Sharpe say the Maharattas don't take well to discipline?
(a) They're members of the upperclasses.
(b) Discipline is not part of their culture.
(c) They're sissys.
(d) They're pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe think Braithwaite could have dislocated both his arm?
2. What word in his letter did Braithwaite underline?
3. What is the name of Chase's second in command?
4. Who saves Sharpe's life in this section?
5. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)