|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalton say is the only thing that matters to Americans?
2. Who does the barrister say rules Europe?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The British.
(d) The French.
3. Why doesn't Tufnell think Cromwell couldn't have sold the ship to the French?
(a) He is proud of being a sea captain.
(b) He is proud of being English.
(c) He is the most honorable man he has ever met.
(d) He has no need for money.
4. What book does Dalton lend Sharpe in this section?
(a) Moll Flanders.
(b) Tristram Shandy.
(c) Dante's Inferno.
(d) Oliver Twist.
5. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
(a) His services.
(b) His silence.
(c) His ladyship.
(d) His loyalty.
6. What does Tufnell show Sharpe how to do?
(a) Set the sails.
(b) Tie knots.
(d) Steer the boat.
7. What kind of fruit would Chase like to grow in England?
8. What does Fairley tell Sharpe he will pay him like if he works for him?
(a) A prince.
(b) A pauper.
(c) A king.
(d) A soldier.
9. What does Lord William say officers should be?
10. What was Cromell looking after for Dalton?
(a) A pen.
(b) A watch.
(c) A bible.
(d) A gold ring.
11. Where Sharpe spent most of his time while in India?
(a) Army barracks.
(b) The library.
(d) The beach.
12. What is Nana Rao using to count the rupees?
(b) A calculator.
(c) An abacus.
(d) His fingers.
13. What nation does Cromwell call insolent?
14. Which of the ladyship's features make her look sad?
(a) Her chin.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her mouth.
15. What kind of knife does Sharpe usually eat with?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A fishing knife.
(c) A carving knife.
(d) A pocket knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
2. What does Bursay use to strike Sharpe across the head?
3. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
4. What is the American ship carrying to Mauritius?
5. What has Dalton donated for dinner?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)