|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cromwell say the French don't make war on?
(a) Private individuals.
(b) The upper-classes.
(d) Honest sailors.
2. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His services.
(c) His silence.
(d) His ladyship.
3. What is the American ship carrying to Mauritius?
(a) Goats and chickens.
(b) Drugs and alcohol.
(c) Clothes and tea.
(d) Powder and shot.
4. What instrument does Matilde play?
(a) The guitar.
(b) A harp.
(c) The violin.
(d) The flute.
5. What game does the barrister try to teach Sharpe?
6. What does Sharpe think London smells of?
(c) Coal smoke.
(d) Bullock dung.
7. Who does the barrister say rules Europe?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The British.
(d) The French.
8. Who does Lady Grace say she saw go into the cuddy?
(c) Lord William.
9. Why does Cromwell think the British have no chance in defeating France?
(a) They enjoy the good life too much.
(b) Their army is too small.
(c) They don't have the finances.
(d) They are distracted by India.
10. What does Sharpe use to remove the impurities from the ship's food?
(a) A blender.
(b) A filtering machine.
(c) A wire brush.
(d) A mold remover machine.
11. Where would the people who go to sea for pleasure visit in their pastime?
12. What is served to the richer passengers for breakfast?
(a) Grits and juice.
(b) Bean on toast and water.
(c) Eggs and coffee.
(d) Cinamon toast and tea.
13. What does Chase say Sharpe is rather than just an ensign?
(a) A natural soldier.
(b) An angel.
(c) A SEAL.
(d) A prophet.
14. What has made holes in the ship's cheese?
(a) White worms.
(b) Silver fish.
(d) Red worms.
15. What kind of sails did Tufnell say they could have set to outrun the French boats?
(a) Blow hards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chase say mostly contributes to Grace de Lavarre Gould's fortune?
2. What does Fairley say Peculiar has in his trousers?
3. Why has Sharpe bought so many goods from Nana?
4. In which part of Bombay sit the wealthy houses?
5. Why does Lord William say people go to war?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)