|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pohlman say is the one thing women love?
2. What does the steward say would drown on deck?
(a) A rat.
(b) A fish.
(c) A cat.
(d) A whale.
3. Who does Lord William say was a dunce at school?
(a) Richard Sharpe.
(b) Lady Grace.
(c) Peculiar Cromwell.
(d) Arthur Wellesley.
4. Who does Lady Grace say she saw go into the cuddy?
(a) Lord William.
5. What German city does Pohlmann say he lives in?
6. What does Cromwell say is Britain's natural posture?
(a) To stand as a small, insignificant island.
(b) To look down upon the rest of Europe.
(c) To act as a peacemaker.
(d) To rule the world.
7. Which of the following had Sharpe refused to purchase from Nana Rao?
(a) A sand timer.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A watch.
(d) A ruler.
8. What does Tufnell show Sharpe how to do?
(b) Set the sails.
(c) Tie knots.
(d) Steer the boat.
9. What does Fairley say Peculiar has in his trousers?
(d) Gun powder.
10. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
(a) A slip of the tongue.
(b) A cricket shot.
(c) A Freudian slip.
(d) A loving act.
11. How do most of the passenger pass the time on the ship?
12. What does Panjit tell the naval captain he will do if he doesn't leave his property?
(a) Send out his men.
(b) Order his men to fire.
(c) Summon the authorities.
(d) Organize an arrest warrant.
13. Why has Sharpe bought so many goods from Nana?
(a) He can buy them much cheaper than in England.
(b) He needs presents for his family.
(c) To make his voyage more comfortable.
(d) He wants things to cheer up his men.
14. What is served to the richer passengers for breakfast?
(a) Cinamon toast and tea.
(b) Grits and juice.
(c) Bean on toast and water.
(d) Eggs and coffee.
15. What kind of accent does the naval captain have?
(a) A Lancashire accent.
(b) A Devonshire accent.
(c) A Yorkshire accent.
(d) A Cornish accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sharpe use to pay for his voyage?
2. What does one of the seamen claim to have seen at dawn?
3. What happens to people in India who don't find wealth?
4. In which part of Bombay sit the wealthy houses?
5. Where did Nelson take over the French boat Pucelle?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)