|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace say Lord William would do if he had any courage?
(a) Give her a son.
(b) Kill Sharpe.
(c) Join in the fighting.
(d) Call in reinforcements.
2. What word does Braithwaite use when Sharpe accuses him of blackmailing Lady Grace?
3. What does Lord William read while the fighting takes place above him?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Dante's Inferno.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. What does Fairley tell Sharpe he will pay him like if he works for him?
(a) A king.
(b) A pauper.
(c) A prince.
(d) A soldier.
5. What does Lord William say women have always been slaves to?
(a) Their maternal instinct.
(b) Their grosser appetites.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their funny turns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of societies does Pohlmann say he likes?
2. What did Wellesey say was more valuable than a soldier's sword?
3. What is the American ship carrying to Mauritius?
4. What ship did the Pucelle destroy?
5. What does revenant mean in French?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)