|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord William say people go to war?
(a) To keep the status quo entertained.
(b) Small-minded men see no alternative.
(c) To spread one's influence.
(d) To make the powerful more powerful.
2. What does lord William say Lapsus linguae mean?
(a) A Freudian slip.
(b) A slip of the tongue.
(c) A loving act.
(d) A cricket shot.
3. What does pucelle mean in French?
4. Whose life did Sharpe save in Assaye?
(a) Captain Campbell.
(b) Captain Crowell.
(c) Arthur Pohlmann.
(d) Sir Arthur Wellesey.
5. What does Braithwaite tell Sharpe he can purchase from him?
(a) His ladyship.
(b) His silence.
(c) His loyalty.
(d) His services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cabin is Lord William using as an office?
2. How do most of the passenger pass the time on the ship?
3. What does Cromwell tell Sharpe he should hide from the French?
4. What nation does Cromwell call insolent?
5. What does Panjit tell the naval captain he will do if he doesn't leave his property?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)