Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is Nana Rao using to count the rupees?
(a) His fingers.
(b) A calculator.
(c) An abacus.
2. What does Nana Rao have protecting his warehouse?
(a) Guard dogs.
(b) A crocodile infested river.
(d) A moat.
3. Which of the following had Sharpe refused to purchase from Nana Rao?
(a) A ruler.
(b) A watch.
(c) A sofa.
(d) A sand timer.
4. Why has Sharpe bought so many goods from Nana?
(a) To make his voyage more comfortable.
(b) He needs presents for his family.
(c) He wants things to cheer up his men.
(d) He can buy them much cheaper than in England.
5. Where Sharpe spent most of his time while in India?
(a) The library.
(b) Army barracks.
(d) The beach.
6. In which part of Bombay sit the wealthy houses?
(c) The Malabar hills.
7. What kind of tree do the lanterns in the yard hang from?
(a) A pear tree.
(b) A coconut tree.
(c) An apple tree.
(d) A banana tree.
This section contains 3,513 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)