Lesson 1 (from Chapters 1 and 2)
The aim of this lesson is to examine the Sharpe series.
1. Class discussion. Do the students think it is important to understand the Sharpe series as a whole to understand "Sharpe's Trafalgar" on a deeper level? How do the students think Sharpe's character has developed over the series? How influential has the series been on popular culture.
2. Ask the students to summarize the previous Sharpe book. How does "Sharpe's Trafalgar" fit in with the series as a whole.
3. With the students brainstorm questions that will help them understand the book better. The students should then find the answers to the questions.
4. Homework. Watch a Sharpe episode from the BBC series.
Lesson 2 (from Chapters 1 and 2)
The purpose of this lesson is to examine the character of Richard Sharpe.
1. With the students, brainstorm all the places they think Sharpe goes in his spare time for relaxation. Divide the...
This section contains 4,771 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)