|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries out Sharpe's flogging?
(a) Captain Morris.
(c) Two drummer boys.
2. Of what is the tripod Sharpe is tied to made?
(a) Three halberds.
(b) He is tied to a flogging post.
(c) Three cavalry lances.
(d) Three small tree trunks.
3. Who halts Sharpe's flogging before it is finished?
(a) Captain Morris.
(b) General Harris.
(c) Colonel Wellesley.
(d) Sergeant Green.
4. How many volleys do the British fire before charging Tippoo's troops?
5. What does Sergeant Green tell Sharpe?
(a) He will do the flogging himself and go easy.
(b) He will ensure Mary is safe.
(c) He will appear the case.
(d) He will chose the smallest boys for the flogging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tippoo use to execute two men?
2. Where is Mary directed to go?
3. What do the other officers think of Lawford's idea?
4. What does Wellesley say about Sharpe?
5. What does Sharpe tell Lawford about the gunpowder in the musket he was to use to shoot McCandless?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hakeswill argue with Sharpe about and what does Sharpe say to him?
2. What does the British do to advance on Tippoo and why are Tippoo's tactics poor?
3. How does the battle end up between the British and Tippoo, and what does Gudin have to say about it?
4. What is Hakeswill thinking about as he is looking for money and what does he do about a dying soldier who has money taped to his chest?
5. Why do they decide Sharpe is a good choice for the mission?
6. Who is with McCandless when he arrives at the courtyard and what does he demand Sharpe do? How did Sharpe's actions turn out?
7. When do Lawford and Sharpe depart, who joins them and why does Sharpe take charge of the mission?
8. What does Sergeant Hakeswill do while they are marching and how does his action affect Sharpe?
9. How is Sharpe's punishment carried out and how does it stop?
10. What does McCandless see at Seringapatam and what is his hope?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)