|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who halts Sharpe's flogging before it is finished?
(a) Colonel Wellesley.
(b) Sergeant Green.
(c) Captain Morris.
(d) General Harris.
2. Who was Mary's dead husband?
(a) A sergeant in the Indian army.
(b) An officer in the Indian army.
(c) A rice farmer.
(d) A sergeant in the English army.
3. What is the main reason the British win the battle against Tippoo in Chapter 1 so quickly?
(a) The British out number him five to one.
(b) Tippoo doesn't use cavalry to reinforce his infantry.
(c) Tippoo's cavalry are mounted on very small horses.
(d) Tippoo's troops don't have muskets.
4. What is Richard Sharpe's rank in Chapter 1?
5. What do the other officers think of Lawford's idea?
(a) They are critical of it.
(b) They laugh him out of the tent.
(c) They have small reservations.
(d) They like it immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel about Mary's suggestion?
2. What connection does Rao have with Tippoo?
3. What are in place to deflect cannonballs?
4. What does Green give Sharpe to help with the flogging.
5. Why is Sharpe fighting in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the officers discussing at the beginning of Chapter 4 and what is Lawford's suggestion?
2. What is Sharpe doing with a dead enemy officer and how does his search end up?
3. What happens during McCandless' encounter and how does it end?
4. To what duties are Sharpe, Lawford and Mary assigned?
5. What does Gudin determine about Sharpe and Lawford and what does he do about Sharpe's wounds?
6. Why does Sharpe's case for the court-martial look hopeless?
7. What does the British do to advance on Tippoo and why are Tippoo's tactics poor?
8. What is Sharpe observing at the beginning of Chapter 1, and what is his position in the British army? What is he thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 1?
9. Where do the deserters spend their first night, who interrogates them and what do they see in the courtyard the next morning?
10. Where do the lancers take Lawford and Sharpe and what do the two men see as they enter there?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)