|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gudin prefer for executions?
(a) Beheading by axe.
(c) The guillotine.
(d) Firing squad.
2. What does Hakeswill do with the man who has money taped to his chest?
(a) Trade a bandage for the money.
(b) Promise to contact the man's family for the money.
(c) Kills him and takes the money.
(d) Knocks him out and takes the money.
3. Who would Sharpe ask permission to marry Mary if he wanted to do that?
(a) Lieutenant Lawford.
(b) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(c) Colonel Wellesley.
(d) Captain Morris.
4. How does Sharpe feel about Mary's suggestion?
(a) He is ambivalent about it.
(b) He thinks it is a good idea.
(c) He thinks she will end up getting killed.
(d) He does not think it would work.
5. To where is the British army moving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the officers discussing in General Harris's tent as Chapter 4 opens?
2. What is chained in the courtyard where McCandless is standing?
3. What are in place to deflect cannonballs?
4. Where does McCandless wait for Appah Rao?
5. How many tigers are in the courtyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe doing with a dead enemy officer and how does his search end up?
2. Where do the lancers take Lawford and Sharpe and what do the two men see as they enter there?
3. What does Sergeant Hakeswill do while they are marching and how does his action affect Sharpe?
4. What is the outcome of Sharpe's court-martial and what does Sergeant Green do for Sharpe?
5. What are the officers discussing at the beginning of Chapter 4 and what is Lawford's suggestion?
6. Who is with McCandless when he arrives at the courtyard and what does he demand Sharpe do? How did Sharpe's actions turn out?
7. How does Hakeswill get Sharpe arrested for a court-martial?
8. Why does Sharpe's case for the court-martial look hopeless?
9. What is Sharpe observing at the beginning of Chapter 1, and what is his position in the British army? What is he thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 1?
10. What do Hector McCandless and Appah Rao do when they meet?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)