|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hakeswill do with the man who has money taped to his chest?
(a) Promise to contact the man's family for the money.
(b) Trade a bandage for the money.
(c) Knocks him out and takes the money.
(d) Kills him and takes the money.
2. What does Gudin suggest about McCandless to Tippoo?
(a) That McCandless wants to join Tippoo.
(b) That McCandless is a deserter.
(c) That McCandless was foraging for food.
(d) That McCandless is a spy.
3. Why is a doctor called for?
(a) To chekc the men for hidden weapons.
(b) To treat the men for lice.
(c) To treat Sharpe's wounds.
(d) To check the men for illness.
4. What do Sharpe and Lawford do to show they are deserters?
(a) Dye their pants black.
(b) Turn their uniform jackets inside out.
(c) Change into civilian clothes.
(d) Wear white scarfs.
5. How many times has Sharpe seen action?
(b) Five times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Lawford about the gunpowder in the musket he was to use to shoot McCandless?
2. How did the enemy officer die that Sharpe is searching?
3. Why do McCandless and Sharpe pretend to be at odds?
4. What does Hakeswill goad Sharpe into doing?
5. Who are Lawford and Sharpe suppose to contact in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hakeswill get Sharpe arrested for a court-martial?
2. When do Lawford and Sharpe depart, who joins them and why does Sharpe take charge of the mission?
3. Who is with McCandless when he arrives at the courtyard and what does he demand Sharpe do? How did Sharpe's actions turn out?
4. How is Sharpe's punishment carried out and how does it stop?
5. What does Hakeswill argue with Sharpe about and what does Sharpe say to him?
6. Where do the lancers take Lawford and Sharpe and what do the two men see as they enter there?
7. Where do the deserters spend their first night, who interrogates them and what do they see in the courtyard the next morning?
8. What happens during McCandless' encounter and how does it end?
9. Why do they decide Sharpe is a good choice for the mission?
10. What does McCandless encounter on his way back to British forces?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)