|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who halts Sharpe's flogging before it is finished?
(a) General Harris.
(b) Sergeant Green.
(c) Captain Morris.
(d) Colonel Wellesley.
2. Why do the officers Sharpe will be a convincing deserter?
(a) He has flogging wounds.
(b) He has a scar on his face.
(c) He is Irish.
(d) He comes from the lower class.
3. Where does Rao and McCandless determine is a place where the British should not attack Tippoo's city?
(a) By the eastern gate.
(b) At the tower on the north.
(c) At the western wall.
(d) Through the main gates.
4. Of what is the tripod Sharpe is tied to made?
(a) Three small tree trunks.
(b) Three halberds.
(c) Three cavalry lances.
(d) He is tied to a flogging post.
5. Where does Sharpe find money on the officer he is searching?
(a) In his turban.
(b) In his pants' pocket.
(c) An inside pocket in his jacket.
(d) In his boot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hakeswill attempt to do to Sharpe about his musket?
2. What does Gudin suggest about McCandless to Tippoo?
3. To what unit is Sharpe assigned?
4. What do McCandless and his Indian escort run into on his way back to the British army?
5. Why do McCandless and Sharpe pretend to be at odds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hakeswill get Sharpe arrested for a court-martial?
2. What is Sharpe observing at the beginning of Chapter 1, and what is his position in the British army? What is he thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. When do Lawford and Sharpe depart, who joins them and why does Sharpe take charge of the mission?
4. What is Sharpe doing with a dead enemy officer and how does his search end up?
5. What do Hector McCandless and Appah Rao do when they meet?
6. Why does Sharpe's case for the court-martial look hopeless?
7. What is the outcome of Sharpe's court-martial and what does Sergeant Green do for Sharpe?
8. What is the plan for Lawford and Sharpe, and what will they do when they get into the city?
9. Where do the lancers take Lawford and Sharpe and what do the two men see as they enter there?
10. How does the battle end up between the British and Tippoo, and what does Gudin have to say about it?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)