|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Sharpe to ride out towards the British?
2. Why does Sharpe ignite the fuse of the mine?
(a) He does not.
(b) So it will explode before the British arrive.
(c) So the British can find them after seeing the explosion.
(d) So to burn off the fuse so the mine cannot be lit.
3. Where does the British army establish camp?
(a) North west of the city.
(b) East of the city so the sun will be in the French's eyes.
(c) On the west of the city.
(d) South of the city.
4. What does Mary teach the General's children?
(a) How to swim.
5. For what does Tippoo hope?
(a) That Sharpe really is on his side.
(b) An early monsoon rain.
(c) A parley with the British.
(d) A clear day for the attack.
6. What do the British troops do at the end of this chapter?
(a) File into the network of trenches.
(b) Eat a hearty meal.
(c) Sit and wait in formation.
(d) Write letters home.
7. Who does Rao rescue from the dungeon?
8. Whose name does Sharpe yell out?
9. How many rockets does Sharpe think the French have?
(a) Ten or fifteen.
(b) Just a few dozen.
(d) A few hundred.
10. Why does Tippoo give Sharpe something?
(a) To hold Sharpe's loyalty.
(b) Because Sharpe is instrumental in the capture of a British squad of soldiers.
(c) To make Gudin jealous.
(d) To motivate Lawford.
11. What had Sharpe been hoping to do after encountering Hakeswill?
(a) Sneak in and kill Gudin.
(b) Escape back to England.
(c) Slip through to see Harris.
(d) Sneak in and free McCandless.
12. Who is roaming the halls of the dungeon?
(b) No one.
(c) A tiger.
(d) Several jettis.
13. What does McCandless decide to teach Sharpe?
(a) To fence.
(b) To read and write.
(c) To play chess.
(d) To play stones.
14. What does Gudin order Sharpe and Lawford to do?
(a) Shoot two British officers.
(b) Go out and parley with the British.
(c) Go down and interrogate McCandless.
(d) Stay off the walls.
15. Where will all the British cannons be concentrated once the enemy's cannons are taken out where the British plan to enter the city?
(a) They have not decided yet.
(b) Where they need to open up a wall.
(c) They will probably not fire anymore since they have limited ammunition.
(d) In the front as a diversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the British officers discussing at the opening of chapter 8?
2. Who does Sharpe visit at Roa's house?
3. What does Mary say is her relationship to Sharpe?
4. What is Sharpe ordered to do after reaching the British?
5. What does Tippoo order his jettis to do?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)