|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mill fort?
(a) Cover from enemy fire for the men on the cannons.
(b) A place where the grain is ground.
(c) A fort that has a windmill that keeps fresh water flowing.
(d) A part of the fort where the civilians gather during an attack.
2. Why does Tippoo give Sharpe something?
(a) To motivate Lawford.
(b) To make Gudin jealous.
(c) To hold Sharpe's loyalty.
(d) Because Sharpe is instrumental in the capture of a British squad of soldiers.
3. Where does Sharpe take Lawford?
(a) To a tavern.
(b) No where.
(c) To the infirmary.
(d) To the armory.
4. Who does Hakeswell murder?
(c) A British ensign.
(d) No one.
5. What does Sharpe use to get rid of the men guarding the black-powder mine?
(b) Shoots them all.
(c) Herds a tiger towards them.
(d) Sends a cart of rockets towards them.
6. What happens when Sharpe encounters Hakeswill?
(a) Sharpe asks Hakeswill where Harris is.
(b) They exchange information.
(c) They begin to fight.
(d) Sharpe gives Hakes will a rocket so the British can see what they're up against.
7. What are the British doing in the woods?
(b) Setting up traps.
(c) Cutting trees for siege machines.
(d) Setting fire to the trees.
8. Who are the Forlorn Hopes?
(a) The gurkhas who are fighting with the British.
(b) The prisoners of Tippoo.
(c) The cavalry who will not be useful in this fight.
(d) The first wave of soldiers to enter a breach.
9. What message did Sharpe want to give the British?
(a) To attack before noon the next day.
(b) Not to attack the West wall.
(c) To attack right after the sun rises in the east.
(d) To attack while the sun was low in the west.
10. What is Tippoo watching?
(a) His tigers kill a British soldier.
(b) The British prepare for an attack.
(c) The torture of a British soldier by a jetti.
(d) One of his jettis wrestle with a tiger.
11. Who wants to marry Mary?
(c) No one.
(d) Kunwar Singh.
12. Who is taken prisoner by Tippoo's forces?
(d) No one.
13. Where do the British open fire?
(a) They have not yet opened fire as they are waiting for a parley.
(b) At the front gates.
(c) On the walls to either side where they plan to breach the city.
(d) At the Southern wall.
14. What does Mary still have in her possession?
(a) A written order from General Harris to Lawford.
(b) The loaded pistol Rao gave her.
(c) A pardon for Sharpe from General Harris.
(d) A bag of gold.
15. Who fights the jettis?
(b) General Rao's men.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the approximately number of the British forces?
2. What does Tippoo have his jettis do?
3. What is nearly finished?
4. When do the French test their rockets?
5. What are Tippoo's primary defenses?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)