|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Tippoo hope?
(a) A clear day for the attack.
(b) A parley with the British.
(c) That Sharpe really is on his side.
(d) An early monsoon rain.
2. Where does Sharpe take Lawford?
(a) To the armory.
(b) No where.
(c) To a tavern.
(d) To the infirmary.
3. What happens when Sharpe encounters Hakeswill?
(a) Sharpe gives Hakes will a rocket so the British can see what they're up against.
(b) They exchange information.
(c) Sharpe asks Hakeswill where Harris is.
(d) They begin to fight.
4. Who does Rao rescue from the dungeon?
5. What would happen if all the rockets went off at once?
(a) There are so few, it would hardly be noticed.
(b) Much panic and confusion.
(c) There's is no way of predicting.
(d) The cavalry would probably be ineffective.
6. Who fights the jettis?
(a) General Rao's men.
(b) No one.
7. Who orders Sharpe to ride out towards the British?
8. What does Tippoo have his jettis do?
(a) Torture soldiers for information.
(b) Guard his family.
(c) Execute criminals.
(d) Execute traitors.
9. What is Sharpe's assessment of the British situation?
(a) About usual for what they are trying to do.
10. With whom does Sharpe share a cell?
(a) Lawford and McCandless.
(d) No one.
11. What group never lacks for volunteers?
(a) The 34th Cavalry.
(b) The Gurkhas.
(c) The Forlorn Hopes.
(d) The sappers.
12. Why can't Gudin help Sharpe?
(a) It would cross the bounds of what an advisor is to do.
(b) He can help them if he wants.
(c) Sharpe is Tippoo's prisoner.
(d) Sharpe has admitted his role.
13. What does McCandless decide to teach Sharpe?
(a) To read and write.
(b) To play chess.
(c) To fence.
(d) To play stones.
14. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
(a) How to knit.
(b) How to embroider.
(c) How to bake pies.
(d) How to properly wear a sari.
15. What does Lawford say about the rockets on the city walls?
(a) They are harmless and very inaccurate.
(b) Deadly and extremely accurate.
(c) They can do little harm.
(d) Deadly but inaccurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rao give Mary?
2. What message did Sharpe want to give the British?
3. Who do three jettis confront?
4. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
5. Who does Sharpe visit at Roa's house?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)