|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawford say about the rockets on the city walls?
(a) Deadly but inaccurate.
(b) They are harmless and very inaccurate.
(c) They can do little harm.
(d) Deadly and extremely accurate.
2. Who demands to accompany Rao's men?
3. Why are the Forlorn Hopes so named?
(a) Their rate of survival is low.
(b) No one knows.
(c) They are always an optimistic group.
(d) They are always so dour.
4. Where does the British army establish camp?
(a) North west of the city.
(b) South of the city.
(c) East of the city so the sun will be in the French's eyes.
(d) On the west of the city.
5. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
(a) How to knit.
(b) How to bake pies.
(c) How to embroider.
(d) How to properly wear a sari.
6. What does Hakeswill claim to have seen in the city?
(a) A French deserter.
(b) A dead jetti.
(c) A British officer.
(d) A French spy.
7. What does Sharpe receive from Tippoo?
(a) A silver sword hilt.
(b) A large, gold medallion.
(c) Gold gilt for his sword pommel.
(d) A new rifle.
8. What does Rao give Mary?
(b) A loaded pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A letter stating she is innocent.
9. What is the greatest effect of the rockets?
(c) Smoke and Fire.
(d) Noise that scares the horses.
10. Whose name does Sharpe yell out?
11. What does Mary still have in her possession?
(a) A written order from General Harris to Lawford.
(b) A bag of gold.
(c) The loaded pistol Rao gave her.
(d) A pardon for Sharpe from General Harris.
12. What would happen if all the rockets went off at once?
(a) There are so few, it would hardly be noticed.
(b) Much panic and confusion.
(c) There's is no way of predicting.
(d) The cavalry would probably be ineffective.
13. What does Sharpe ask Mary?
(a) If she has a gun.
(b) If Singh can be trusted.
(c) What is happening outside.
(d) If General Rao's intentions are honorable.
14. How many rockets does Sharpe think the French have?
(b) Just a few dozen.
(c) A few hundred.
(d) Ten or fifteen.
15. Where does Sharpe go after hearing someone respond to his yelling?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Up river.
(c) Back to the city.
(d) Towards the command tents of the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does General Rao question Mary?
2. Who is roaming the halls of the dungeon?
3. What are the British officers discussing at the opening of chapter 8?
4. Who do three jettis confront?
5. What is nearly finished?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)