|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the British doing in the woods?
(a) Setting fire to the trees.
(b) Cutting trees for siege machines.
(c) Setting up traps.
2. What is the approximately number of the British forces?
3. What does the British army dig?
(a) A clean well.
(b) A moat.
(c) A network of zigzag trenches.
(d) Burial mounds.
4. Where does Sharpe take Lawford?
(a) No where.
(b) To the infirmary.
(c) To the armory.
(d) To a tavern.
5. What would happen if all the rockets went off at once?
(a) There are so few, it would hardly be noticed.
(b) Much panic and confusion.
(c) There's is no way of predicting.
(d) The cavalry would probably be ineffective.
6. What does Hakeswill claim to have seen in the city?
(a) A French deserter.
(b) A French spy.
(c) A British officer.
(d) A dead jetti.
7. What does Gudin order Sharpe and Lawford to do?
(a) Stay off the walls.
(b) Shoot two British officers.
(c) Go out and parley with the British.
(d) Go down and interrogate McCandless.
8. About how many troops does Tippoo have?
(a) 4, 000.
9. What does Sharpe observe at the west gate?
(a) Tippoo's men are packing in black powder.
(b) The British are setting up siege machines.
(c) Tippoo's men are dumping out food that is poisoned.
(d) The British are retreating.
10. What does Sharpe use to get rid of the men guarding the black-powder mine?
(a) Sends a cart of rockets towards them.
(b) Shoots them all.
(c) Herds a tiger towards them.
11. When do the French test their rockets?
(a) When a parley team arrives.
(b) When the British send in a large sortie.
(c) When the British are scouting the walls.
(d) They do not test them since they have very few of them.
12. What does Mary say is her relationship to Sharpe?
(d) Half sister.
13. Who does Hakeswell murder?
(b) No one.
(c) A British ensign.
14. What does Mary still have in her possession?
(a) A pardon for Sharpe from General Harris.
(b) The loaded pistol Rao gave her.
(c) A written order from General Harris to Lawford.
(d) A bag of gold.
15. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
(a) Lets them sneak out in pairs to rob the British.
(b) Gives them live entertainment.
(c) Gives them time with their families.
(d) Gives them a monetary bonus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the British troops do at the end of this chapter?
2. What does Sharpe discover in the dungeon?
3. What does Tippoo do for the brave soldiers on his side?
4. Who is near Sharpe's discovery in the dungeon?
5. What is the greatest effect of the rockets?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)