|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is nearly finished?
(a) The cannon arrangements on the wall.
(b) Tippoo's black-power mine.
(c) The Muslim Ramadan.
(d) The British emplacements.
2. What would happen if all the rockets went off at once?
(a) Much panic and confusion.
(b) The cavalry would probably be ineffective.
(c) There's is no way of predicting.
(d) There are so few, it would hardly be noticed.
3. What does Tippoo order his jettis to do?
(a) Demonstrate how to kill without using their hands.
(b) Demonstrate their ancient art.
(c) Kill the British prisoners.
(d) Spy on Sharpe.
4. With whom does Sharpe share a cell?
(c) Lawford and McCandless.
(d) No one.
5. Who wants to marry Mary?
(b) Kunwar Singh.
(c) No one.
6. For what does Tippoo hope?
(a) A parley with the British.
(b) That Sharpe really is on his side.
(c) A clear day for the attack.
(d) An early monsoon rain.
7. What does Tippoo do for the brave soldiers on his side?
(a) Honors them.
(b) Gives them leave.
(c) Lets them go home to their families.
(d) Promotes them.
8. Where does Sharpe take Lawford?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To the armory.
(c) To a tavern.
(d) No where.
9. Why can't Gudin help Sharpe?
(a) He can help them if he wants.
(b) It would cross the bounds of what an advisor is to do.
(c) Sharpe is Tippoo's prisoner.
(d) Sharpe has admitted his role.
10. What is a mill fort?
(a) A fort that has a windmill that keeps fresh water flowing.
(b) Cover from enemy fire for the men on the cannons.
(c) A part of the fort where the civilians gather during an attack.
(d) A place where the grain is ground.
11. What does Sharpe use to get rid of the men guarding the black-powder mine?
(b) Shoots them all.
(c) Sends a cart of rockets towards them.
(d) Herds a tiger towards them.
12. Why does Rao give this to Mary?
(a) For protection.
(b) For suicide if needed.
(c) Because he believes she is innocent.
(d) So she can return to England.
13. Why are the Forlorn Hopes so named?
(a) Their rate of survival is low.
(b) They are always so dour.
(c) No one knows.
(d) They are always an optimistic group.
14. What does Mary teach the General's children?
(a) How to swim.
15. What are the British officers discussing at the opening of chapter 8?
(a) Whether Sharpe has truly become a traitor.
(b) Whether to retreat.
(c) Battle plans.
(d) Whether to send in shells knowing it may harm British prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the British open fire?
2. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
3. About how many troops does Tippoo have?
4. What is Hakeswell's scheme?
5. What group never lacks for volunteers?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)