|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tippoo allow Sharpe and Lawford to do?
(a) Change into French uniforms.
(b) Serve under Gudin.
(c) Torture McCandless.
(d) Go rest in the barracks.
2. What do the officers think of Sharpe's ability to lie?
(a) His face turns red when he lies.
(b) He is a passable liar.
(c) He has too much honor to lie well.
(d) He is a good liar.
3. What does McCandless say to Sharpe?
(a) That Tippoo has given the enemy information.
(b) That McCandless has already arranged his own rescue.
(c) That the British should not attempt to breach the west wall.
(d) That he doesn't want rescued by one such as Sharpe.
4. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
(a) Gives them time with their families.
(b) Gives them live entertainment.
(c) Lets them sneak out in pairs to rob the British.
(d) Gives them a monetary bonus.
5. What does Hakeswill goad Sharpe into doing?
(a) Hitting Hakeswill.
(c) Hitting Captain Morris.
(d) Marrying Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tippoo do for the brave soldiers on his side?
2. To where is the British army moving?
3. What do Sharpe and Lawford do to show they are deserters?
4. What does Lawford say about the rockets on the city walls?
5. Where is McCandless taken?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)