|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hakeswill challenge Sharpe while they are marching?
(a) For having blood on his bayonet.
(b) For talking in the ranks.
(c) For his musket being carried on the wrong shoulder.
(d) For marching out of step.
2. Where are the deserters locked?
(a) In the guard house.
(b) In the mayor's house.
(c) In the dungeon.
(d) They are not locked up since they are given parole.
3. What are the officers discussing in General Harris's tent as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) How to break McCandless out of the dungeon.
(b) What to do about Hakeswill.
(c) How to divide their forces.
(d) Where to attack Tippoo next.
4. Where does Sharpe take Lawford?
(a) To a tavern.
(b) To the infirmary.
(c) To the armory.
(d) No where.
5. Of what is the tripod Sharpe is tied to made?
(a) Three small tree trunks.
(b) Three halberds.
(c) Three cavalry lances.
(d) He is tied to a flogging post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergeant Green tell Sharpe?
2. What does Hakeswill do with the man who has money taped to his chest?
3. Who does Mcandless tell to escape?
4. What is nearly finished?
5. What does McCandless say to Sharpe?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)