|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do McCandless and his Indian escort run into on his way back to the British army?
(a) A rampaging elephant.
(b) A force of Tippoo's cavalry.
(c) Some Tippoo infantry.
(d) The Frenchman, Gudin.
2. What type of weapon is Hakeswill carrying?
(a) A musket and bayonet.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife and a pistol.
(d) A halberd.
3. Who is Colonel Gudin?
(a) A captured British officer.
(b) A former British officer who is also a deserter.
(c) A captured Irish officer.
(d) The officer who questions Sharpe and Lawford.
4. How many rockets does Sharpe think the French have?
(b) A few hundred.
(c) Ten or fifteen.
(d) Just a few dozen.
5. Who is near Sharpe's discovery in the dungeon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the deserters locked?
2. What does Hakeswill do to Sharpe's musket?
3. How many volleys do the British fire before charging Tippoo's troops?
4. What does Lieutenant Lawford suggest?
5. What has Tippoo ordered to be placed between the inner and outer city walls?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)