|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does McCandless wait for Appah Rao?
(a) At an ancient temple.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) At a river ford.
(d) By an old rajah estate.
2. Why is the Frenchman Gudin with Tippoo?
(a) He believes in India independence.
(b) He is Tippoo's brother-in-law.
(c) He has been taken captive.
(d) He is an advisor from the French.
3. Why would Lawford be deserting?
(a) His family is from India.
(b) He is afraid of a flogging.
(c) He has been caught stealing.
(d) He wants to marry Mary.
4. How many tigers are in the courtyard?
5. What is Sharpe contemplating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) How much money he can find.
(c) He's thinking about women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Gudin?
2. Why do the officers Sharpe will be a convincing deserter?
3. What does McCandless say to Sharpe?
4. Where do the lancers take the "deserters"?
5. To what does Sharpe admit which adds to his credentials for the rescue job?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)