|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe take control of the mission?
(a) Lawford is supposed to be an officer.
(b) Lawford doesn't know the language.
(c) Lawford is supposed to be timid.
(d) Sharpe is better at this type of mission.
2. What nationality is Mary?
(b) Half French, half English.
(d) Half English, half Indian.
3. What does Sharpe talk about with another soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(b) Returning to England.
(c) The hot climate.
(d) The number of dead soldiers.
4. Who would Sharpe ask permission to marry Mary if he wanted to do that?
(a) Lieutenant Lawford.
(b) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(c) Colonel Wellesley.
(d) Captain Morris.
5. Where do the lancers take the "deserters"?
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) Back to Harris' tent.
(d) Towards Brest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Lawford and Sharpe suppose to contact in the city?
2. What is Sharpe contemplating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What do McCandless and his Indian escort run into on his way back to the British army?
4. What has Tippoo ordered to be placed between the inner and outer city walls?
5. Who is Colonel Gudin?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)