1. What is Richard Sharpe's rank in Chapter 1?
2. To what unit is Sharpe assigned?
(a) Fourteenth Regiment.
(b) Twenty-second Regiment.
(c) Thirty-third Regiment.
(d) Fourth Battalion.
3. What is Sharpe contemplating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) He's thinking about women.
(b) How much money he can find.
4. How many times has Sharpe seen action?
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
5. How long did the battle just over in Chapter 1 last?
(a) All day.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Four hours.
6. Why is Sharpe fighting in India?
(a) The British are trying to take Pakistan.
(b) The British have just invaded India.
(c) To break resistance to British rule.
(d) The Indians have killed a British Duke.
7. What does Sharpe talk about with another soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) The number of dead soldiers.
(b) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(c) Returning to England.
(d) The hot climate.
8. To where is the British army moving?
This section contains 4,661 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)