|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harper say soldiers would know Sharpe is British?
2. Why does Sharpe not leave with the rest of his unit?
3. What does Helena send for Sharpe the morning after Sharpe lies to her?
4. What does Leroux refuse to do when face to face with Sharpe?
5. Who orders an attack on Arapiles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Curtis say it is of utmost importance that the British win the battle against the French?
2. How does Father Curtis know what is happening with the war?
3. Why did Spears do a one man charge against the French Army?
4. Why does Marmont decide to send a small attack unit to Arapiles?
5. What does Harper do to try and cheer Sharpe up while he is healing?
6. Where does Sharpe stab Leroux? Why?
7. Why did Spears help Leroux?
8. Why is Sharpe told not to join the battle at Arapiles?
9. What last act of kindness does Sharpe give to Spears, and why?
10. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Sharpe's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 2
How has Sharpe responded to being raised in an orphanage, and what significance does this fact have on the plot itself?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Sharpe's opinion of Father Curtis change so dramatically over the course of this book, and why is this change so significant?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)