|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Sharpe tell Helena?
2. Why does Father Curtis say it is so important for the British to win?
3. What causes a hole in French infantry?
4. Why is Sharpe told not to fight?
5. Who sends bad information to the French leaders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe say is rare about his moment killing Leroux?
2. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
3. Why is the British cavalry marching on the French when the French infantry cannot be defeated by a cavalry?
4. What does Sharpe know about the French attack when he hears the cannons in Arapiles?
5. Why does Father Curtis say it is of utmost importance that the British win the battle against the French?
6. How does Harper choose which church to pray in?
7. What does Harper do to try and cheer Sharpe up while he is healing?
8. How does Hogan respond when he sees Sharpe in Arapiles?
9. What is more painful to Sharpe than his wound, and why?
10. What does Sharpe think when he sees the hills and fields by Arapiles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
What is Sharpe's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 3
Sharpe endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)