|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe feel guilty about while watching the last battle?
2. Why does Sharpe ride around the French cavalry?
3. Spears knows Helena's identity because ______________.
4. Why does Father Curtis say he was holding a gun pointed at Sharpe?
5. Why is Harper taken into custody?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father Curtis know what is happening with the war?
2. Why is Sharpe told not to join the battle at Arapiles?
3. What does Sharpe know about the French attack when he hears the cannons in Arapiles?
4. Why is Harper arrested?
5. What does Sharpe think when he sees the hills and fields by Arapiles?
6. How does Harper choose which church to pray in?
7. What does Sharpe feel most guilty about as he rides into the battle at Arapiles?
8. Why did Spears help Leroux?
9. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
10. Where does Sharpe stab Leroux? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Sharpe's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was something Sharpe had to do often in this book. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)