|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sharpe angry at himself over Helena?
2. Where is Hogan when Sharpe finds him in Arapiles?
3. What is Arapiles?
4. What causes Wellington to explode in anger?
5. Why does Sharpe tell Helena she stopped hearing cannon fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe say is rare about his moment killing Leroux?
2. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
3. How does Leroux protect himself when he is being chased on horseback by Sharpe?
4. Why did Spears do a one man charge against the French Army?
5. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
6. How did Spears help Leroux?
7. What is more painful to Sharpe than his wound, and why?
8. How does Harper choose which church to pray in?
9. What does Harper do to try and cheer Sharpe up while he is healing?
10. Why did Spears help Leroux?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Sharpe's relationship with Helena change over the course of this book? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sharpe endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)