|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Leroux report?
2. How does Lossow feel about Leroux when they first meet?
3. What is an intercepted message written on that Hogan holds?
4. Why is a flag of truce ignored?
5. What does Sharpe admire about Leroux when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack Spears' job?
2. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
3. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
4. Why does Helena say she doesn't ask higher ranked people than Sharpe about the battle?
5. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
6. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
7. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
8. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
9. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
10. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Sharpe's relationship with Helena change over the course of this book? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Share was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)