|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Sharpe been married when the book begins?
2. Where is Harper from?
3. Who wrote the intercepted message that Hogan shows Sharpe?
4. What name does Harper give Sharpe's fake girlfriend?
5. What weapon do the French fire from across the river while Leroux is escaping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
2. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
3. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
4. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
5. What is Jack Spears' job?
6. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
7. What does Helena ask Spears about Sharpe, and how does he respond?
8. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
9. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
10. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is something Sharpe is well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how do these instances affect Sharpe's career?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)