|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this book take place?
2. What is Sharpe's wife's name?
3. Where is Helena's husband?
4. How is Harper wounded when he finds Leroux?
5. Why was there a secret room at Helena's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helena ask Spears about Sharpe, and how does he respond?
2. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
3. Why does Helena say she doesn't ask higher ranked people than Sharpe about the battle?
4. What is Jack Spears' job?
5. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
6. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
7. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
8. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
9. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
10. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of sacrifices made by Sharpe and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who is most impacted by these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)