Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leroux get the information he needs for his leader?
2. What is Sharpe's job in apprehending Leroux?
3. What is mounted on the balcony in the secret room at Helena's house?
4. Who tells Wellington that Sharpe is dead?
5. What country is Sharpe fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
2. How did Spears help Leroux?
3. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
4. What is Helena's biggest fear?
5. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
6. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
7. Why is the British cavalry marching on the French when the French infantry cannot be defeated by a cavalry?
8. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
9. Why did Spears help Leroux?
10. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
Sharpe describes a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
What is the relationship like between Sharpe and Harper, and how did this relationship change over the course of the plot?
Why does Sharpe's opinion of Father Curtis change so dramatically over the course of this book, and why is this change so significant?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)