|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Wellington that Sharpe is dead?
2. To whom does Leroux report?
3. Who calls Sharpe a disgrace at Helena's party?
4. Where are the wounded officers taken?
5. Mirador is the leader of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
2. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
3. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
4. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
5. What is Jack Spears' job?
6. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
7. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
8. What is Helena's biggest fear?
9. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
10. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Sharpe's relationship with Helena change over the course of this book? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
How has Sharpe responded to being raised in an orphanage, and what significance does this fact have on the plot itself?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)