|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Sharpe fighting against?
2. What do the citizens of Salamanca fire during the first battle of the book?
3. How much of a lead does Sharpe think Leroux has on him?
4. How does Sharpe feel about the city where he is stationed?
5. What does Sharpe think of La Marquesa when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
2. What is Helena's biggest fear?
3. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
4. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
5. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
6. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
7. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
8. What does Helena ask Spears about Sharpe, and how does he respond?
9. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
10. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship like between Sharpe and Harper, and how did this relationship change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 3
Share was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)