|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe say he wants as a prize of war?
2. Who opens a door to save Leroux?
3. Why does Sharpe think one of the British soldiers is a spy?
4. What makes Sharpe happy during battle?
5. Where does Harper hear of Sharpe's fake affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
2. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
3. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
4. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
5. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
6. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
7. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
8. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
9. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
10. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does El Mirador mean, and what impact did this have on the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Sharpe and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who is most impacted by these sacrifices?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)