|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Leroux report?
2. What does Hogan do when he first meets with Sharpe?
3. Who tells Wellington that Sharpe is dead?
4. What makes Sharpe happy during battle?
5. Where are the wounded officers taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does the author give thanks in his Historical Note? Why?
2. What is Jack Spears' job?
3. Why is Harper arrested?
4. What does Harper do to try and cheer Sharpe up while he is healing?
5. Why did Spears help Leroux?
6. How does Sharpe get into the third infantry square?
7. How does Sharpe keep an eye on the battle at Arapiles before he joins it?
8. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
9. Where does Sharpe stab Leroux? Why?
10. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of sacrifices made by Sharpe and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who is most impacted by these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 3
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)