|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Klingenthol?
2. Who orders the people to stop firing in the first battle of the book?
3. What does Sharpe say he wants as a prize of war?
4. Who introduces Sharpe to La Marquesa?
5. How does Sharpe feel when invited to a picnic with Helena?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Curtis say it is of utmost importance that the British win the battle against the French?
2. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
3. What does Sharpe say he fears more than physical danger?
4. Why does Marmont decide to send a small attack unit to Arapiles?
5. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
6. How does Hogan respond when he sees Sharpe in Arapiles?
7. What does Sharpe think when he sees the hills and fields by Arapiles?
8. What does Sharpe say is rare about his moment killing Leroux?
9. Why did Spears help Leroux?
10. What causes Wellington to explode with anger? Why?
Essay Topic 1
How has Sharpe responded to being raised in an orphanage, and what significance does this fact have on the plot itself?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Sharpe's. What is the difference between pride and confidence, and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Sharpe in his career?
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)