|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harper from?
2. How does Sharpe feel about the city where he is stationed?
3. What is the Klingenthol?
4. What are Voltigeurs?
5. What does Spears encourage Sharpe to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
2. What does Sharpe say to Helena about Wellington's battle abilities?
3. What is more painful to Sharpe than his wound, and why?
4. What causes Wellington to explode with anger? Why?
5. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
6. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
7. Why is Harper arrested?
8. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
9. What does Sharpe know about the French attack when he hears the cannons in Arapiles?
10. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Sharpe's. What is the difference between pride and confidence, and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Sharpe in his career?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Sharpe and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who is most impacted by these sacrifices?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)