Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leroux get the information he needs for his leader?
2. What is Sharpe's job in apprehending Leroux?
3. What is mounted on the balcony in the secret room at Helena's house?
4. Who tells Wellington that Sharpe is dead?
5. What country is Sharpe fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
2. How did Spears help Leroux?
3. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
4. What is Helena's biggest fear?
5. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
6. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
7. Why is the British cavalry marching on the French when the French infantry cannot be defeated by a cavalry?
8. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
9. Why did Spears help Leroux?
10. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Sharpe. Why might Bernard Cornwell have chosen these particular places and events to share in this story line?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is something Sharpe is well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how do these instances affect Sharpe's career?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)