|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Hagman known?
2. What is Sharpe's main weapon in this book?
3. How does Delmas die?
4. What does Sharpe do when he is called a disgrace at Helena's party?
5. What is mounted on the balcony in the secret room at Helena's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harper arrested?
2. Which of the people in this book were real historical figures?
3. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
4. How does Sharpe get into the third infantry square?
5. What does Harper do to try and cheer Sharpe up while he is healing?
6. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
7. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
8. What does Helena ask Spears about Sharpe, and how does he respond?
9. Why does Father Curtis say it is of utmost importance that the British win the battle against the French?
10. What causes Wellington to explode with anger? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was something Sharpe had to do often in this book. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Sharpe and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who is most impacted by these sacrifices?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)