|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Connelley allows men to _______________.
2. How does Sharpe feel about the city where he is stationed?
3. What is the Klingenthol?
4. What does Sharpe say he wants as a prize of war?
5. Who orders the people to stop firing in the first battle of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
2. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
3. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
4. What is Jack Spears' job?
5. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
6. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
7. What is Helena's biggest fear?
8. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
9. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
10. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 2
What is Sharpe's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 3
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)