|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Sharpe the secret doorway at Helena's house?
2. Where are the wounded soldiers taken?
3. Who tells Wellington that Sharpe is dead?
4. Where is Leroux from?
5. Why does Sharpe think one of the British soldiers is a spy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
2. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
3. What does Helena ask Spears about Sharpe, and how does he respond?
4. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
5. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
6. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
7. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
8. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
9. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
10. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship like between Sharpe and Harper, and how did this relationship change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)