|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sharpe happy during battle?
2. Why does Sharpe think one of the British soldiers is a spy?
3. How many French forts are across the river from Salamanca?
4. What is mounted on the balcony in the secret room at Helena's house?
5. What does Wellington tell Helena he will do if Marmont retreats?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
2. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
3. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
4. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
5. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
6. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
7. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
8. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
9. What does Sharpe say to Helena about Wellington's battle abilities?
10. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sharpe rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 3
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)