|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Leroux from?
2. What breaks while Sharpe is fighting Leroux?
3. What is Sharpe's main weapon in this book?
4. How does Leroux get the information he needs for his leader?
5. What does Spears encourage Sharpe to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
3. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
4. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
5. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
6. What is Jack Spears' job?
7. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
8. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
9. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
10. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Share was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)