|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens a door to save Leroux?
2. How does Sharpe feel when invited to a picnic with Helena?
3. What position does Marmont hold?
4. Where does Harper hear of Sharpe's fake affair?
5. What is Leroux covered in when he is found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
3. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
4. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
5. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
6. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
7. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
8. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
9. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
10. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Share was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
Essay Topic 2
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)