|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an intercepted message written on that Hogan holds?
2. Where does this book take place?
3. How long has Sharpe been married when the book begins?
4. Where does Harper hear of Sharpe's fake affair?
5. What does Sharpe say he wants as a prize of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
2. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
3. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
4. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
6. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
7. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
8. What is Helena's biggest fear?
9. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
10. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship like between Sharpe and Harper, and how did this relationship change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What does El Mirador mean, and what impact did this have on the course of this plot?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)