|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the wounded officers taken?
2. Where does El Mirador live?
3. How much more time does Leroux have to wait for his transportation when Sharpe arrives?
4. Where does this book take place?
5. What is an intercepted message written on that Hogan holds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
2. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
3. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
4. What is Helena's biggest fear?
5. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
6. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
7. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
8. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
9. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
10. What is Jack Spears' job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Sharpe. Why might Bernard Cornwell have chosen these particular places and events to share in this story line?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was something Sharpe had to do often in this book. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)