|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about one of the dead bodies found by Harper?
2. Who calls Sharpe a disgrace at Helena's party?
3. Where is Helena's husband?
4. What is Leroux covered in when he is found?
5. Mirador is the leader of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
2. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
3. What does Sharpe say to Helena about Wellington's battle abilities?
4. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
6. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
7. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
8. What is Helena's biggest fear?
9. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
10. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Sharpe learn from his time in Salamanca, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sharpe describes a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)