|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does El Mirador live?
2. Sharpe claims he is really to have an affair with _____________.
3. Why does Sharpe say Wellington did not attack when Marmont was on the field?
4. What does Spears encourage Sharpe to do?
5. What is Sharpe's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe get into the third infantry square?
2. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
3. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
4. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
5. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
6. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
7. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
8. Why did Spears help Leroux?
9. What does Sharpe say is rare about his moment killing Leroux?
10. Why is Sharpe told not to join the battle at Arapiles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was something Sharpe had to do often in this book. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 3
What does El Mirador mean, and what impact did this have on the course of this plot?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)