|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Sharpe a brute?
2. Where is Leroux from?
3. What kind of transportation is coming for Leroux?
4. In whose handwriting was the paper taken from Leroux?
5. A telescope at the fort is aimed at _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
2. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
3. What does Sharpe say to Helena about Wellington's battle abilities?
4. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
5. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
6. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
7. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
8. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
9. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
10. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What does El Mirador mean, and what impact did this have on the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Share was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)