|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Helena's husband?
2. What does Spears encourage Sharpe to do?
3. Where is Harper from?
4. How do the French forts support each other?
5. Who calls Sharpe a disgrace at Helena's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
2. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
3. Why is Sharpe taken to Connelley's tent?
4. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
5. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
6. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
7. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
9. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
10. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Sharpe responded to being raised in an orphanage, and what significance does this fact have on the plot itself?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is something Sharpe is well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how do these instances affect Sharpe's career?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)