Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leroux get the information he needs for his leader?
2. What is Sharpe's job in apprehending Leroux?
3. What is mounted on the balcony in the secret room at Helena's house?
4. Who tells Wellington that Sharpe is dead?
5. What country is Sharpe fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
2. How did Spears help Leroux?
3. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
4. What is Helena's biggest fear?
5. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
6. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
7. Why is the British cavalry marching on the French when the French infantry cannot be defeated by a cavalry?
8. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
9. Why did Spears help Leroux?
10. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Sharpe's. What is the difference between pride and confidence, and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Sharpe in his career?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship like between Sharpe and Harper, and how did this relationship change over the course of the plot?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)