|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose command does Wellington put Sharpe?
2. Who calls Sharpe a brute?
3. What makes Sharpe happy during battle?
4. What is Sharpe's wife's name?
5. Of whom is Helena afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
2. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
3. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
4. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
5. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
6. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
7. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
8. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
10. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Sharpe responded to being raised in an orphanage, and what significance does this fact have on the plot itself?
Essay Topic 2
Sharpe describes a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)