|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helena ask military questions of Sharpe?
2. Who calls Sharpe a disgrace at Helena's party?
3. Where is Helena's husband?
4. Where are the wounded soldiers taken?
5. What does Sharpe think of La Marquesa when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack Spears' job?
2. Why is Sharpe taken to Connelley's tent?
3. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
4. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
5. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
6. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
7. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
8. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
9. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
10. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharpe and Harper were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 2
Sharpe describes a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)