|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a lead does Sharpe think Leroux has on him?
2. A telescope at the fort is aimed at _____________.
3. Why does Sharpe say Wellington did not attack when Marmont was on the field?
4. Sharpe claims he is really to have an affair with _____________.
5. What is Sharpe's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
2. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
3. What is Helena's biggest fear?
4. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
5. What is Leroux's job in this novel?
6. Why is Sharpe taken to Connelley's tent?
7. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
8. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
9. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
10. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is something Sharpe is well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how do these instances affect Sharpe's career?
Essay Topic 2
Share was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
Essay Topic 3
How did Sharpe's relationship with Helena change over the course of this book? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of this plot?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)