|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this book take place?
2. The secret doorway at Helena's house is hidden by ______________.
3. What is Sharpe's job in apprehending Leroux?
4. What is an intercepted message written on that Hogan holds?
5. Who wrote the intercepted message that Hogan shows Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sharpe taken to Connelley's tent?
2. What does Sharpe say to Helena about Wellington's battle abilities?
3. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
4. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
5. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
6. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
7. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
8. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
9. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
10. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was something Sharpe had to do often in this book. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Sharpe's opinion of Father Curtis change so dramatically over the course of this book, and why is this change so significant?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)