|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Delmas die?
2. Where does Harper hear of Sharpe's fake affair?
3. Who introduces Sharpe to La Marquesa?
4. What is strange about one of the dead bodies found by Harper?
5. What makes Sharpe happy during battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
2. Why does Helena say she doesn't ask higher ranked people than Sharpe about the battle?
3. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
4. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
5. What is the main purpose of Sharpe's light infantry unit?
6. What does Sharpe say to Helena about Wellington's battle abilities?
7. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
8. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
9. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
10. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Sharpe's. What is the difference between pride and confidence, and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Sharpe in his career?
Essay Topic 2
How has Sharpe responded to being raised in an orphanage, and what significance does this fact have on the plot itself?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)