|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wellington says he is fighting ___________.
(a) To restore Spain.
(b) To gain land.
(c) To get promoted.
(d) To do the right thing.
2. What causes Leroux to fight Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe says something bad about Helena.
(b) Sharpe insults his sword.
(c) Sharpe says he won't accept a surrender.
(d) Sharpe calls him a coward.
3. Why is Sharpe's horse hard to control during the battle?
(a) The horse is not used to war.
(b) The horse is old.
(c) The horse is tired.
(d) The horse is wounded.
4. Whom does Sharpe watch through the telescope at Arapiles?
5. How do the French see what is happening at Arapiles?
(a) They have spies sending messages.
(b) They can see from the towers.
(c) They have a telescope.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is riding on horseback so painful to Sharpe?
2. Who is assigned to guard El Mirador after the forts are taken?
3. What lie does Sharpe tell Helena?
4. What does Harper do to lower Sharpe's fever?
5. Why is Leroux not running to French territory when the forts are lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe say he fears more than physical danger?
2. How did Spears help Leroux?
3. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
4. What does Sharpe think when he sees the hills and fields by Arapiles?
5. Why does Sharpe get angry when he hears Spears has been given the task of guarding El Mirador?
6. How does Sharpe keep an eye on the battle at Arapiles before he joins it?
7. Why does Marmont decide to send a small attack unit to Arapiles?
8. Why does Father Curtis say it is of utmost importance that the British win the battle against the French?
9. What helps Sharpe to recuperate from his wound?
10. What does Sharpe know about the French attack when he hears the cannons in Arapiles?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)