|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Helena related?
(a) Father Curtis.
2. How do the French see what is happening at Arapiles?
(a) They can see from the towers.
(b) All of these.
(c) They have spies sending messages.
(d) They have a telescope.
3. Spears says he wished he had helped fight the war by _________________.
(a) Spreading his disease to Helena.
(b) Being brave like Sharpe.
(c) Discovering the real El Mirador.
(d) Killing someone.
4. What does Sharpe feel guilty about while watching the last battle?
(a) Not believing Father Curtis.
(b) Not being in the fray.
(c) Lying to Harper.
(d) Telling a lie to Helena.
5. How does Hogan feel when he sees Sharpe in Arapiles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a hole in French infantry?
2. How does Spears react when he hears Sharpe knows of his mission?
3. Spears wants Sharpe to write to _____________ for him.
4. What do the French hide by after their retreat?
5. How does Sharpe get to the battle he is told not to join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe say he fears more than physical danger?
2. Why did Spears help Leroux?
3. Where does Sharpe stab Leroux? Why?
4. Why is Harper arrested?
5. What helps Sharpe to recuperate from his wound?
6. Why does Marmont decide to send a small attack unit to Arapiles?
7. Why is Sharpe told not to join the battle at Arapiles?
8. What does Leroux do when he is confronted by Sharpe on the battlefield?
9. What does Sharpe feel most guilty about as he rides into the battle at Arapiles?
10. What is Helena's response when Sharpe is found alive?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)