|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sharpe surprised to hear that Helena was assigned a guard?
(a) She always visited alone.
(b) Harper never told him.
(c) He would have had to sign the order.
(d) She never wanted one.
2. Who kills Leroux?
3. What does Harper do to lower Sharpe's fever?
(a) Gives him quinine.
(b) Has servants wave frond fans over him.
(c) Pours buckets of water on him.
(d) Puts him in a cold bath.
4. What is Sharpe invited to do at the end of the battle at Arapiles?
(a) Return to Salamanca.
(b) Say a prayer for the dead.
(c) Have a drink with the officers.
(d) See a surgeon about his wound.
5. Who tells Sharpe where Leroux is hiding after the forts are taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What orders does Sharpe continuously break?
2. Whom does Sharpe feel he has betrayed while fighting at Arapiles?
3. What does Leroux call his sister?
4. The British Army pretends they are retreating to _____________.
5. Who sends bad information to the French leaders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe think when he sees the hills and fields by Arapiles?
2. What does Sharpe say is rare about his moment killing Leroux?
3. What does Sharpe say he fears more than physical danger?
4. How does Father Curtis know what is happening with the war?
5. How did Spears help Leroux?
6. How does Sharpe get into the third infantry square?
7. What is more painful to Sharpe than his wound, and why?
8. Why does Marmont decide to send a small attack unit to Arapiles?
9. Why is the British cavalry marching on the French when the French infantry cannot be defeated by a cavalry?
10. What last act of kindness does Sharpe give to Spears, and why?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)