|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Sharpe a brute?
(a) A British officer.
(b) Patrick Harper.
(c) La MarQuesa.
(d) Father Curtis.
2. The secret doorway at Helena's house is hidden by ______________.
(a) A bookcase.
(b) A tapestry.
(c) A large clock.
(d) A painting.
3. For what is Hagman known?
(a) Knowing several languages.
(b) Being a lady's man.
(c) Being a good marksman.
(d) Having good hand-to-hand combat skills.
4. Where is Sharpe from?
5. Why does Robin not notice when things are stolen off of his uniform?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is too involved in his game.
(c) He is passed out drunk.
(d) He has too many things on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe say he wants as a prize of war?
2. What is Leroux covered in when he is found?
3. Connelley allows men to _______________.
4. What makes Sharpe happy during battle?
5. What does Sharpe admire about Leroux when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
2. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
3. What is Helena's biggest fear?
4. How was Leroux able to avoid detection from Sharpe and Harper during the battle?
5. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
6. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
7. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
8. What is Jack Spears' job?
9. How does Leroux plan to complete his job in France?
10. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)