|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Leroux report?
2. How does Lossow feel about Leroux when they first meet?
(a) He is amused by him.
(b) He doesn't trust him.
(c) He trusts him implicity.
(d) He is angry with him.
3. Why does Helena need Sharpe's protection?
(a) She is being pursued.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) She left her husband.
(d) She is in debt.
4. How do the French forts support each other?
(a) Heavy stores of food.
(b) Artillery fire.
(c) Large numbers.
(d) Communication flags.
5. What is Sharpe's main weapon in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Harper wounded when he finds Leroux?
2. How much more time does Leroux have to wait for his transportation when Sharpe arrives?
3. What are Voltigeurs?
4. How long has Sharpe been married when the book begins?
5. How does Sharpe feel about the city where he is stationed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe impressed by when he first meets Leroux?
2. What is disappointing to Helena about the first battle she watches, and what does Spears tell her?
3. What is Helena's biggest fear?
4. What does Harper find in the last fort while searching for Leroux's body?
5. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
6. Why is Sharpe taken to Connelley's tent?
7. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
8. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
9. What is Jack Spears' job?
10. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)