|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel when invited to a picnic with Helena?
2. Where does Harper hear of Sharpe's fake affair?
3. What does Sharpe think of La Marquesa when he first meets her?
(a) She is beautiful
(b) She is untrustworthy.
(c) She is rich.
(d) She is intelligent.
4. Who orders the people to stop firing in the first battle of the book?
(a) The priest.
(b) The archery leader.
(d) A German warrior.
5. What weapon do the French fire from across the river while Leroux is escaping?
(b) Lit torches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe hesitate to go to Helena's party?
2. A telescope at the fort is aimed at _____________.
3. Who shows Sharpe the secret doorway at Helena's house?
4. Who encourages Sharpe to go to Helena's party?
5. What does Sharpe say he wants as a prize of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sharpe wounded after the battle?
2. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
3. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
4. What does Sharpe think when he first meets La MarQuesa?
5. Why does Helena say she doesn't ask higher ranked people than Sharpe about the battle?
6. What does Sharpe offer a reward for, and why is this so significant?
7. How is Leroux able to escape from Sharpe at the college?
8. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
9. How does Leroux get into the British Army base at the beginning of the book?
10. What insult does Sharpe receive while he is talking to La MarQuesa, and how does he respond to this?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)