|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Sharpe of having an affair with Helena?
2. How much of a lead does Sharpe think Leroux has on him?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. How does Delmas die?
(a) Leroux kills him.
(b) He gets syphillus.
(c) He falls off his horse.
(d) He is sniped from the trees.
4. Where does Harper hear of Sharpe's fake affair?
5. Who calls Sharpe a disgrace at Helena's party?
(a) A priest.
(b) An officer.
(c) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Sharpe a brute?
2. What is the Klingenthol?
3. What does Sharpe do when he is called a disgrace at Helena's party?
4. How does Sharpe feel about the city where he is stationed?
5. Where is Harper from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wishes Sharpe luck before the assault on the forts, and what does Sharpe think about this?
2. What does Sharpe find in Helena's secret room?
3. What do the British troops do just before the French troops retreat for the first time in the book?
4. How was Spears wounded, and how did that happen?
5. Why does Helena say she doesn't ask higher ranked people than Sharpe about the battle?
6. What does El Mirador mean, and why is that significant to Helena?
7. How does Sharpe spend his time after learning Helena's identity?
8. What does Sharpe tell his men their job is during the assault on the French forts?
9. How does Sharpe help the retreating British after the failed assault on the French forts?
10. How does Sharpe explain his absences to Spears?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)