|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders an attack on Arapiles?
(c) Father Curtis.
2. Spears knows Helena's identity because ______________.
(a) He read it in a secret message.
(b) He had been in a relationship with her.
(c) He killed her parents.
(d) He had been a prisoner of Leroux's.
3. Spears says he wished he had helped fight the war by _________________.
(a) Killing someone.
(b) Spreading his disease to Helena.
(c) Being brave like Sharpe.
(d) Discovering the real El Mirador.
4. Why does Sharpe tell Helena she stopped hearing cannon fire?
(a) Leroux has made plans.
(b) They are celebrating.
(c) There were peace talks again.
(d) The armies were too far apart.
5. Whom does Sharpe feel he has betrayed while fighting at Arapiles?
(d) Father Curtis.
6. How do Sharpe's men react when he joins the battle?
(a) They are not surprised.
(b) They are joyous.
(c) They are worried.
(d) They are confused.
7. Why is Harper taken into custody?
(a) He was guarding Helena's house without orders.
(b) He was shooting at phantoms.
(c) He was trying to dig up bodies.
(d) He was trying to stop a carriage.
8. Where does Harper find Sharpe still alive?
(a) The death tent.
(b) Helena's balcony.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The mass grave.
9. Whose horse does Harper ride?
10. What causes the French to gain footing in the battle at Arapiles?
(a) They get behind the hill.
(b) They get help from the citizens of Arapiles.
(c) They cut off supplies.
(d) They counterattack.
11. Hogan thinks Helena is__________.
(a) A pretty girl in love with Sharpe.
(b) A French Spy.
(c) El Mirador.
(d) The British purveyor.
12. Why does Sharpe feel he has failed when the battle ar Arapiles is over?
(a) The British lost.
(b) He betrayed Helena.
(c) The British suffered many casualties.
(d) He never found Leroux.
13. Why does Spears say he never betrayed El Mirador?
(a) He could not hurt the old man.
(b) He needed to stay alive.
(c) He hated Leroux.
(d) He was in love with Helena.
14. What do the French hide by after their retreat?
(a) A hill.
(b) An old castle.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A wall.
15. How does Sharpe get to the battle he is told not to join?
(a) He runs.
(b) He rides a cargo wagon.
(c) He rides a horse.
(d) He takes a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was seen earlier in the night at the spot where a salute is given to Sharpe?
2. Who predicts a British victory while talking to Sharpe?
3. Spears wants Sharpe to write to _____________ for him.
4. Where is Leroux hiding after the forts are taken?
5. What does Sharpe feel guilty about while watching the last battle?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)