|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sharpe watch through the telescope at Arapiles?
2. What shape of infantry protects Leroux?
3. Why is riding on horseback so painful to Sharpe?
(a) He is tired.
(b) The saddle is too small.
(c) He is not used to riding.
(d) He was wounded in the leg.
4. What does Leroux refuse to do when face to face with Sharpe?
(a) Reveal his full name.
(c) Give up the papers.
5. Who is assigned to guard El Mirador after the forts are taken?
6. Who sends bad information to the French leaders?
(a) Father Curtis.
7. Why does Spears say he never betrayed El Mirador?
(a) He hated Leroux.
(b) He could not hurt the old man.
(c) He needed to stay alive.
(d) He was in love with Helena.
8. Why is Sharpe told not to fight?
(a) His wound could reopen.
(b) He doesn't have the full plan.
(c) The French think he is with them.
(d) He is to guard El Mirador.
9. What does Sharpe feel guilty about while watching the last battle?
(a) Telling a lie to Helena.
(b) Lying to Harper.
(c) Not being in the fray.
(d) Not believing Father Curtis.
10. What do the French hide by after their retreat?
(a) A wall.
(b) A hill.
(c) An old castle.
(d) A bridge.
11. Whose horse does Harper ride?
12. How does Spears react when he hears Sharpe knows of his mission?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is happy.
13. What country does Hogan enlist to help him retrieve what was stolen from El Mirador?
14. What does Sharpe think as he joins the cavalry attack on the French infantry?
(a) He was foolish.
(b) He should have followed orders.
(c) He will prevail.
(d) He will die.
15. What does Hogan say about Sharpe's relationship with Helena?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is grateful.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is not surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Leroux?
2. What orders does Sharpe continuously break?
3. Who takes Harper into custody?
4. Leroux is killed with _______________.
5. Why does Sharpe tell Helena she stopped hearing cannon fire?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)