|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a hole in French infantry?
(a) Leroux's departure.
(b) Sharpe's departure.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cannon.
2. Why does Father Curtis say he was holding a gun pointed at Sharpe?
(a) He was returning the rifle.
(b) He was protecting Helena.
(c) He thought he was Leroux.
(d) He was afraid for his life.
3. What direction to the French think the British are travelling?
4. Why is Sharpe angry at himself over Helena?
(a) He betrayed her.
(b) He was tricked by her.
(c) He fell in love with her.
(d) He failed her.
5. Where is Leroux fleeing to after the battle at Arapiles?
6. Why does Sharpe not leave with the rest of his unit?
(a) He is not healed yet.
(b) He is on a mission.
(c) Hogan told him to come the next week.
(d) He wants one more night with Helena.
7. Where does Harper find Sharpe still alive?
(a) Helena's balcony.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The mass grave.
(d) The death tent.
8. What do the French hide by after their retreat?
(a) An old castle.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A hill.
(d) A wall.
9. What is Arapiles?
(a) A village.
(b) A harbor.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A tower.
10. Leroux is killed with _______________.
(a) A cannon.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A musket.
11. Where is a salute given to Sharpe?
(a) A mass grave.
(b) A tent full of dead soldiers.
(c) The battle site.
(d) The ocean.
12. What causes Wellington to explode in anger?
(a) Spears leaves his post for El Mirador.
(b) The Spanish let the French flee.
(c) Helena is outed as a spy.
(d) Sharpe has died.
13. What causes Leroux to fight Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe says something bad about Helena.
(b) Sharpe insults his sword.
(c) Sharpe calls him a coward.
(d) Sharpe says he won't accept a surrender.
14. To whom is Helena related?
(b) Father Curtis.
15. What makes Arapiles a good site for a battle?
(a) The soft terrain.
(b) The river beds.
(c) The tall wall.
(d) The hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sharpe where Leroux is hiding after the forts are taken?
2. What country does Hogan enlist to help him retrieve what was stolen from El Mirador?
3. Hogan thinks Helena is__________.
4. Who is assigned to guard El Mirador after the forts are taken?
5. What does Hogan take from Leroux when he is dead?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)