|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father Curtis say he was holding a gun pointed at Sharpe?
(a) He thought he was Leroux.
(b) He was protecting Helena.
(c) He was returning the rifle.
(d) He was afraid for his life.
2. Who orders some of the British to march east?
3. Why is Harper taken into custody?
(a) He was guarding Helena's house without orders.
(b) He was trying to stop a carriage.
(c) He was shooting at phantoms.
(d) He was trying to dig up bodies.
4. Why does Spears say he never betrayed El Mirador?
(a) He needed to stay alive.
(b) He hated Leroux.
(c) He could not hurt the old man.
(d) He was in love with Helena.
5. Who kills Leroux?
6. Why does Sharpe feel he has failed when the battle ar Arapiles is over?
(a) The British lost.
(b) He betrayed Helena.
(c) He never found Leroux.
(d) The British suffered many casualties.
7. What direction to the French think the British are travelling?
8. Who kills Spears?
(a) A French soldier.
(c) Father Curtis.
9. What is Albe de Tormes?
(a) A city.
(b) A ship.
(c) An old castle.
(d) A harbor.
10. Who is assigned to guard El Mirador after the forts are taken?
11. How do the French see what is happening at Arapiles?
(a) All of these.
(b) They can see from the towers.
(c) They have a telescope.
(d) They have spies sending messages.
12. What does Harper know will cheer Sharpe up while he is healing?
(a) Hearing war stories.
(b) Being read to.
(c) Seeing Helena.
(d) Having his weapon.
13. What country does Hogan enlist to help him retrieve what was stolen from El Mirador?
14. Why is riding on horseback so painful to Sharpe?
(a) The saddle is too small.
(b) He is not used to riding.
(c) He was wounded in the leg.
(d) He is tired.
15. What causes Leroux to fight Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe calls him a coward.
(b) Sharpe says something bad about Helena.
(c) Sharpe insults his sword.
(d) Sharpe says he won't accept a surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe ride around the French cavalry?
2. Who was seen earlier in the night at the spot where a salute is given to Sharpe?
3. Why is Sharpe's horse hard to control during the battle?
4. Why is Leroux not running to French territory when the forts are lost?
5. Who takes Harper into custody?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)