|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a lead does Sharpe think Leroux has on him?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
2. Connelley allows men to _______________.
(a) Confess their sins.
(b) Send letters.
(c) Speak of horrors.
(d) Die in peace.
3. What breaks while Sharpe is fighting Leroux?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His bag.
(c) His sword.
(d) His arm.
4. What does Sharpe do when he is called a disgrace at Helena's party?
(b) Threatens the man.
(c) Challenges the man to a duel.
(d) Walks away.
5. What does Hogan do when he first meets with Sharpe?
(a) Asks about Leroux.
(b) Promotes his rank.
(c) Tests his skills.
(d) Buys him wine.
6. Who killed Helena's parents?
(a) French soldiers.
(b) A street robber.
(d) Her uncle.
7. What does Spears encourage Sharpe to do?
(a) Run from the army.
(b) Take the money offered to him.
(c) Tell Helena his fears.
(d) Woo Helena.
8. In whose handwriting was the paper taken from Leroux?
9. What is Sharpe's job in apprehending Leroux?
(a) Bringing him back alive.
(b) Killing him.
(c) Recognizing him.
(d) Getting the information from him.
10. Why was there a secret room at Helena's house?
(a) The builder could spy on his wife.
(b) A spy could stay unnoticed.
(c) She would have somewhere to hide.
(d) Imported slaves could stay safe.
11. Who introduces Sharpe to La Marquesa?
(a) Patrick Harper.
(b) Father Curtis.
12. Why does Sharpe not shoot Leroux when he rides away?
(a) He is low on ammo.
(b) Windham is in the way.
(c) Helena distracts him.
(d) He is ordered not to.
13. What is La MarQuesa's first name?
14. How many French forts are across the river from Salamanca?
15. How does Lossow feel about Leroux when they first meet?
(a) He doesn't trust him.
(b) He trusts him implicity.
(c) He is amused by him.
(d) He is angry with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Sharpe to go to Helena's party?
2. What is strange about one of the dead bodies found by Harper?
3. How does Delmas die?
4. What is Sharpe's wife's name?
5. What weapon do the French fire from across the river while Leroux is escaping?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)