|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe admire about Leroux when they first meet?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His sword.
(c) His scars.
(d) His rifle.
2. Why does Sharpe hesitate to go to Helena's party?
(a) He is not in her ranks.
(b) He has reports to fill out.
(c) His uniform is covered in blood.
(d) He has a head wound.
3. Where is Sharpe from?
4. Why does Robin not notice when things are stolen off of his uniform?
(a) He is passed out drunk.
(b) He has too many things on it.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is too involved in his game.
5. Who tells Sharpe the true identity of Leroux?
(b) Father Curtis.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
6. What is La MarQuesa's first name?
7. Where is Leroux from?
8. Sharpe claims he is really to have an affair with _____________.
(a) A cobbler's daughter.
(b) A farmer's niece.
(c) A young dairy maid.
(d) A school teacher.
9. Who orders the people to stop firing in the first battle of the book?
(b) The archery leader.
(c) A German warrior.
(d) The priest.
10. How many French forts are across the river from Salamanca?
11. Who wrote the intercepted message that Hogan shows Sharpe?
12. What is the Klingenthol?
(a) A fighting technique.
(b) A sword.
(c) A castle.
(d) A ship.
13. Of whom is Helena afraid?
14. What did Leroux tell Sharpe was on a scrap of paper he had?
(a) Some important French words.
(b) His diary.
(c) A list of horse dealers.
(d) An address.
15. Who encourages Sharpe to go to Helena's party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose command does Wellington put Sharpe?
2. What breaks while Sharpe is fighting Leroux?
3. Sharpe says he fights for ______________.
4. Why does Sharpe not shoot Leroux when he rides away?
5. Connelley allows men to _______________.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)