Part One, Prologue and Chapter 1
• Leroux tortured a man to find out who Mirador is, and he now plans to capture him and torture him to get the names of his spies.
• He kills Delmas, takes his uniform, and gets onto the British base claiming to be Delmas.
• Sharpe is mad when Windham trades him for another British prisoner.
• Lossow, the leader of the German troops, reveals that Sharpe was recently married and has been in battle a number of times.
• Sharpe and Lossow agree that Leroux, dressed as Delmas, should not be trusted.
• As Leroux rides away in an escape attempt, Sharpe aims at him with his rifle, but he is blocked by Windham who is running after him.
Part One, Chapters 2 & 3
• Sharpe and his men try to recapture Leroux. Sharpe takes aim and fires but misses. Leroux strikes Windham's horse and kills Windham.
• Harper fires his...
This section contains 2,204 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)