|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sharpe feeling at the coming of the dawn?
(c) Weary and foolish.
2. Why does Coignet raise an alarm?
(a) He hears Major Tubbs talking to Sharpe.
(b) He sees smoke coming through the floorboards.
(c) He sees Sharpe's men trying to light the outer gates of the fort.
(d) He does not raise an alarm.
3. What is the most dangerous time for soldiers on alert?
(a) Dawn when it is still hazy.
(b) Late afternoon when the sun is from the west.
(c) All times are dangerous.
(d) Noon when they can't see shadows.
4. What is a four-pointed star of metal spikes that disables horses?
5. Who else is filled with rage as Sharpe is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe order the redcoats to do?
2. Of what nationality are the lancers of the French army?
3. Where does Sharpe sprinkle oil and add kindling?
4. About what does Coignet ask Pailleterie?
5. Why do the dragoons cease firing upon the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does MacKeon again "save the day"?
2. What do Teresa's men do that helps the enemy?
3. How does Pailleterie threaten his men and what is there response?
4. Who raises the alarm about the fire and what do they do?
5. What does Sharpe admit to Teresa about his jumpiness?
6. What is the aftermath of the battle at the bridge of San Miguel?
7. Why is Sharpe upset as he sees the French approaching?
8. Who do Pailleterie and Tubbs discuss and what do they say?
9. Describe the battle for the bridge and explain why Sharpe retreats.
10. Describe how the tide changes for Sharpe and his men after the wine bottles have been broken on the bridge.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)