|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sharpe feeling at the coming of the dawn?
(c) Weary and foolish.
2. Why does Pailleterie allow Tubbs to keep his sword?
(a) Tubbs is related to Pailleterie.
(b) Tubbs gives his parole.
(c) Tubbs has been secretly working with the French.
(d) Tubbs seems harmless.
3. What does Teresa wave at Sharpe?
(a) A flag.
(b) Her hand.
(c) The letter requesting reinforcements.
(d) Her bandana.
4. Of what nationality are the lancers of the French army?
5. What is part of the inferno raging in the fort that Sharpe could have used?
(a) The reserve muskets.
(b) Large artillery shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharpe first talk to at the fort?
2. What does Sharpe order his men to do when he runs back to the village?
3. About what is Sharpe upset?
4. About what does Coignet ask Pailleterie?
5. Who does Sharpe take as prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Teresa's men do that helps the enemy?
2. How will makeshift caltrops help Sharpe?
3. How does MacKeon again "save the day"?
4. How does Sharpe attempt to sabotage the fort?
5. Who do Pailleterie and Tubbs discuss and what do they say?
6. Why is Sharpe now grateful for Harper's earlier disobedience about the wine?
7. Of what does MacKeon remind Sharpe?
8. Where is Teresa thinking of going, and what does Sharpe suggest about her trip?
9. What sets Teresa off running for her horse and why is she going for the horse?
10. Why does Sharpe realize he does not need to negotiate a truce with the French forces?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)