|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What looks like a makeshift caltrops?
(a) Nothing; they have no caltrops or anything that resembles these.
(b) The fence baling wire struck out on the bridge.
(c) The pieces of melted metal from the muskets.
(d) The broken wine bottles.
2. What else does the French commander decide to try to do to Sharpe's men?
(a) Confuse them.
(b) Separate them into small groups.
(c) Send his lancers in to finish Sharpe's men off.
(d) Take some captive to interrogate.
3. What does Sharpe order the redcoats to do?
(a) Fire at the charging lancers.
(b) Flank the dragoons.
(c) Flank the lancers.
(d) Retreat to the back side of the fort.
4. Who does Sharpe first talk to at the fort?
5. Who arrives at the fort at San Miguel at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharp do in the place where he sneaks?
2. What grabs Sharpe's attention as he and Teresa are talking?
3. What does Sharpe admit to Teresa?
4. Who does Sharpe take as prisoner?
5. About what is Sharpe at least thankful?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who raises the alarm about the fire and what do they do?
2. What does Sharpe admit to Teresa about his jumpiness?
3. How does Pailleterie threaten his men and what is there response?
4. What does Sharpe do after sabotaging the fort?
5. What do Teresa's men do that helps the enemy?
6. What does Herault observe when he arrives at San Miguel?
7. How is Sharpe feeling at the opening of this section?
8. What is Pailleterie's reaction when seeing San Miguel?
9. What strategy does Herault choose to fight Sharpe and his men?
10. Where is Teresa thinking of going, and what does Sharpe suggest about her trip?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)