|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is MacKeon reminded?
(a) A seige near Sangre.
(b) A battle he read about in his military studies.
(d) A fort he and Sharpe took near Brest.
2. Where does Sharpe sneak?
(a) A small place between the storeroom ceiling and the floor above.
(b) To the fort commander's office.
(c) To the farmhouse where Harper is holed up.
(d) To try to get his horse out of the fort stable.
3. Why doesn't Ensign Hickey negotiate with the French?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is badly wounded but will recover.
(c) He does not speak French.
(d) His rank is too low.
4. How does Sharpe know more French are coming?
(a) The barricade has been removed.
(b) Because Pailleterie is holed up in the fort.
(c) He does not think any more French are coming.
(d) Because Sharpe can see dust rising several miles in the distance.
5. What does Pailleterie see going towards San Miguel?
(a) Two French battalions.
(b) A hidden path.
(c) Two British battalions.
(d) A small stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the fort at San Miguel at the beginning of this section?
2. How does the French commander plan to kill all the British?
3. What does Sharpe admit to Teresa?
4. What does Sharpe perceive when he looks down Salamanca Road?
5. What has Pailleterie given his men before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who raises the alarm about the fire and what do they do?
2. Of what does MacKeon remind Sharpe?
3. What does Sharpe do with MacKeon's suggestion?
4. How does Pailleterie threaten his men and what is there response?
5. Who do Pailleterie and Tubbs discuss and what do they say?
6. Why does Pailleterie allow Tubbs to keep his sword?
7. What is the aftermath of the battle at the bridge of San Miguel?
8. Why does Sharpe realize he does not need to negotiate a truce with the French forces?
9. Why is Sharpe uncertain about how to keep the bridge?
10. What does Sharpe admit to Teresa about his jumpiness?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)