|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sharpe in a quandary?
(a) He does not know how many French he has to fight.
(b) He is unsure whether to deploy his cavalry against the heavy French cavalry.
(c) He does not know if he should give up the bridge and find a more defensible position.
(d) He does not not the best way to defend against the large French force.
2. About what is Sharpe upset?
(a) Teresa riding off alone.
(b) Losing the fort.
(c) Pailleterie hanging one of Sharpe's men who was captured.
(d) Harper's men being overwhelmed.
3. Who does Sharpe first talk to at the fort?
4. What does the person in question 163 suggest to Sharpe.
(a) Flanking the Dragoons on the west.
(b) Using fire to destroy the bridge.
(c) Using the wine.
(d) Moving the villagers to hold the reserve line.
5. Who arrives at the fort at San Miguel at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the French troops that come as reinforcements?
2. About what does Coignet ask Pailleterie?
3. How does Sharpe know more French are coming?
4. What else does the French commander decide to try to do to Sharpe's men?
5. What does Pailleterie think is his last chance when he orders his men to charge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Teresa thinking of going, and what does Sharpe suggest about her trip?
2. What does Sharpe do after sabotaging the fort?
3. Who raises the alarm about the fire and what do they do?
4. What is Pailleterie's reaction when seeing San Miguel?
5. Describe how the tide changes for Sharpe and his men after the wine bottles have been broken on the bridge.
6. What does Sharpe order Harper, Cooper and Perkins to do?
7. What do Teresa's men do that helps the enemy?
8. Why does Sharpe realize he does not need to negotiate a truce with the French forces?
9. How does Pailleterie threaten his men and what is there response?
10. In what way are both Sharpe and Pailleterie furious at the other group?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)