|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 28-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will the British soldiers' work in the Elysian fields be unmolested?
(a) There is a truce to gather their dead on each side.
(b) The French have been captured.
(c) The French have left.
(d) The British has a strong artillery presence.
2. What is Sharpe trying to accomplish at the bridge?
(a) Sharpe has no plans for the bridge.
(b) Barricading it.
(c) Leaving it open so the French will cross it into an ambush.
(d) Collapsing it.
3. With what book was "Sharpe's Skirmish" supposed to be given away?
(a) "Sharpe's Fortress".
(b) "Sharpe's Rifles".
(c) "Sharpe at Waterloo".
4. What does Sharpe suggest Teresa have her men do?
(a) Stay in San Miguel.
(b) Go to rejoin the main rebel forces.
(c) Sharpe would not try to tell Teresa what to do.
(d) Go to Avila.
5. What does Tubbs not believe?
(a) That Teresa's Spainish rebels should fight with the British.
(b) That Harper and his men can get through to Wellington in time.
(c) That the French will destroy Avila.
(d) That the French are coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is General Jean Herault?
2. Why is Ducos' opinion important?
3. Where does Teresa want to ride?
4. What does Major Tubbs suggest that Sharpe declines to do?
5. What would happen if the French retake Salamanca?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)