|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 47-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what town does Herault ride?
2. Who is Major Lucius Tubbs?
(a) He commands the 501 Artillery battalion.
(b) He is the commander of San Miguel.
(c) He is in charge of rating the muskets at the fort that were left by the French.
(d) He is Sharpe's immediate superior.
3. Of what is MacKeon reminded?
(b) A battle he read about in his military studies.
(c) A seige near Sangre.
(d) A fort he and Sharpe took near Brest.
4. What did the sacrifice at Avila do?
(a) Give Sharpe a clear field to regroup.
(b) Open the back way to Castile.
(c) Free the rest of Teresa's rebel group to join Sharpe.
(d) Give the Duke of Wellington's forces a way to retreat.
5. What does Ducos lack?
(a) A conscience.
(b) Pity and mercy.
(c) An agressive nature.
(d) Enough food to feed his men for more than 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe say he did not see?
2. What gives Pailleterie an advantage in charging across the bridge?
3. What does Pailleterie order his men and the prisoners to do?
4. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
5. From what direction does Tubbs notice a cloud of dust?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)