|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 47-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharpe know more French are coming?
(a) Because Pailleterie is holed up in the fort.
(b) He does not think any more French are coming.
(c) The barricade has been removed.
(d) Because Sharpe can see dust rising several miles in the distance.
2. What does the narrator say Major Pierre Ducos is not?
(a) A coward.
(b) A major or civilian.
3. What does Tubbs not believe?
(a) That the French are coming.
(b) That Teresa's Spainish rebels should fight with the British.
(c) That the French will destroy Avila.
(d) That Harper and his men can get through to Wellington in time.
4. Where does Sharpe send Harper and twenty riflemen?
(a) To protect the musket cache.
(b) To a nearby farm.
(c) To take a message to Wellington.
(d) To protect the bridge.
5. What do Perkins, Cooper and Harris bring to Sharpe?
(a) Bundles in blankets.
(b) A message from Wellington.
(c) A message from Teresa.
(d) One of the captured French soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is General Jean Herault?
2. Who does Sharpe push into the water?
3. What is Herault assigned to capture?
4. What does Harper think about Sharpe's order?
5. Who does Sharpe first talk to at the fort?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)