|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 47-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe order his men to retreat?
(a) So they can draw the French into an ambush.
(b) So they do not get slaughtered.
(c) He orders them to attack, not retreat.
(d) So he can plan.
2. How many men does Soult send North?
3. About what is Sharpe upset?
(a) Teresa riding off alone.
(b) Pailleterie hanging one of Sharpe's men who was captured.
(c) Losing the fort.
(d) Harper's men being overwhelmed.
4. What does Herault now command?
(a) The North Army's horsemen.
(b) The South Army's heavy artillery.
(c) The South Army's horsemen.
(d) The South Army's infantry.
5. Where does Ducos suggest sending 300 men?
(a) To circle around and wait on the coast.
(c) Directly to Marmont.
(d) Back to Soult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducos lack?
2. What does Sharpe find when he sneaks to a wall of the fort?
3. What does Sharpe tell Harper to do?
4. What does Pailleterie order his men to do as rifle fire commences?
5. What will the men Soult sends North do?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)