|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what Is the convoy which comes across the ambush site consist?
(a) French sailors heading for Teste de Buch.
(b) French infantry, supply wagons, and some calvery.
(c) French rifle units.
(d) French artillery units.
2. What do Killick's longboats do?
(a) Ground out near the fortress.
(b) Pick-up Sharpe's wounded.
(c) Continue the bombardment.
(d) Sink in the storm.
3. What do the Facture town authorities try to do?
(a) Blow up the toll-bridge.
(b) Surrender to Sharpe.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Capture Sharpe.
4. For what would Sharpe use quicklime?
(a) To cleanse the water supply.
(b) For treating wounds.
(c) As a primitive chemical warfare to blind the enemy.
(d) To make gunpowder.
5. Where are the British men heading who are using the bridge?
(a) To the Rhinheart mountains.
(b) To Teste de Buch.
(c) Back to England.
(d) Deeper into France.
6. What does Palmer say about the mission on which Bampfylde sent him?
(a) It is finished.
(b) He'll do it next week.
(c) It went well.
(d) It's a fool's errand.
7. What do Sharpe's men do as they march towards the British front lines?
(b) Get ready to take revenge on Bampfylde.
(c) Take several French prisoners.
(d) Fight off French troops.
8. What is the first town which Sharpe's men encounter?
9. What are fascines?
(a) A type of fire tower.
(b) Huge bundles of sticks.
(c) A French catapult.
(d) A type of cannon.
10. The man who meets Ducos fought on what front?
11. What does Bampfylde do that nearly wrecks the fortress?
(a) Causes the main magazines to be detonated.
(b) Opens the sea gates and floods it.
(c) Sets fire to it.
12. What do both Calvet and Sharpe realize about the battle?
(a) It is only a matter of time.
(b) British reinforcements will be coming soon.
(c) The British are in a better position.
(d) The French will lose.
13. Who joins the assaulting troops?
14. What does Calvet ask Killick to do?
(a) Provide a naval bombardment.
(b) Attack one side of the fortress.
(c) Get his men out of the area.
(d) Go in an parley with Sharpe.
15. What continues to mount within the fortress?
(a) A desire for revenge against Bampfylde.
(c) Enthusiasm and hope.
(d) British dead and wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when the French forces meet?
2. How long do Sharpe and his men march?
3. What happens during the second assault in question #148?
4. Why is the attack Ducos presses technically illegal?
5. Why type of attack did the French use after the one in question #145?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)