|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harper manage to repair in the fort?
(a) The landward wall.
(b) One cannon.
(c) The long range artillery.
(d) The landward gate.
2. How long after Bampfylde leaves the fortress does Sharpe arrive?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Fourteen hours.
3. What does Colonel Favier parlay with Sharpe about?
(a) Leaving the fortress.
(b) Allowing the wounded medical care.
(d) Food and water.
4. What type of man is the man who meets Duco?
(a) Vicious and greedy.
(c) Careful and considerate.
5. What do Killick's longboats do?
(a) Continue the bombardment.
(b) Sink in the storm.
(c) Pick-up Sharpe's wounded.
(d) Ground out near the fortress.
6. Why is Ducos in charge of the attack on Teste de Buch?
(a) He was there first.
(b) He knows the fort better.
(c) He outranks everyone else.
(d) He has the most political power.
7. Why does Sharpe order the men not to shoot unless they know they can kill?
(a) It is a good way to practice aiming.
(b) It is the best way to demoralize the enemy.
(c) There are not that many French left.
(d) Supplies are running out.
8. What happens during the second assault in question #148?
(a) There is a standoff.
(b) Several French soldiers get into the fortress.
(c) Four Frenchmen die for every one Britain.
(d) The French are completely repulsed.
9. What does Calvet decide about the best way to assault the fortress?
(a) An attack from the sea.
(b) Seizing until they starve.
(c) Burning the gate down.
(d) A frontal attack.
10. What does Bampfylde keep looking for back at the beach?
(a) Lassan and his men.
(c) A way through the mountains to Bordeaux.
(d) British ships to pick him and his men up.
11. What does Sharpe do when he sees Bampfylde?
(a) Kicks him in the kneecap.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Draws his sword on him.
(d) Accost him and insults him.
12. What do both Calvet and Sharpe realize about the battle?
(a) The British are in a better position.
(b) The French will lose.
(c) It is only a matter of time.
(d) British reinforcements will be coming soon.
13. What type of supplies did Sharpe's men carry when marching overland?
(a) They carried only their packs without any supplies.
(b) They had light and portable supplies.
(c) They had a mule train with a large amount of supplies.
(d) They carried enough supplies to last two months.
14. In what type of formation do the French assault the Teste de Buch the first time after bombardment and shelling?
(a) Massed frontal force.
(b) With calvery.
(c) Small forays.
(d) Long line.
15. Where is the ambush site that Sharpe selects located?
(a) On the roadway leading out of Bordeaux.
(b) Near the road going to Bordeaux.
(c) Inside Bordeaux.
(d) Between Teste de Buch and the Leyre River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calvet want to do?
2. Why is Sharpe anger at himself?
3. Where does Killick set Sharpe's men ashore?
4. What do Sharpe's men do as they march towards the British front lines?
5. Why is the attack Ducos presses technically illegal?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)