|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe do to all the supply wagons?
(a) Drives them into the river.
(b) Sets them on fire.
(c) Blows them up.
(d) Takes them with him.
2. Of what is the British bridge over the water composed?
(a) Felled trees.
(b) Rope netting.
(d) Dozens of ships,cables, and planking.
3. With what does Ducos threaten Killick?
(c) Being shot as a spy.
4. What does Sharpe surmise from the condition of the fortress?
(a) He would have to hide in the woods.
(b) He would have to find Killick for a ride out.
(c) They have been abandoned.
(d) Bampfylde was an idiot.
5. What does Frederickson do after Sharpe's companies routed the French?
(a) Leads an expeditionary force after them.
(b) Takes down the toll-bridge.
(c) Nothing, he's been injured.
(d) Sets up camp.
6. How long after Bampfylde leaves the fortress does Sharpe arrive?
(a) Two days.
(b) Fourteen hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Several hours.
7. How many casualties do the British take?
(c) One-third of the men.
8. What do Sharpe and Frederickson think about their situation at Teste de Buch?
(a) They can escape via the water.
(b) They could try to kill Calvet and split the force.
(c) It is hopeless.
(d) They can win.
9. Who joins the assaulting troops?
10. What kind of thoughts of Jane trouble Sharpe?
(a) That she'll miss him.
(b) That she's with child.
(c) That she'll find another man.
(d) That she'd dead or dying.
11. What does Bampfylde keep looking for back at the beach?
(b) A way through the mountains to Bordeaux.
(c) Lassan and his men.
(d) British ships to pick him and his men up.
12. What is the weather like when the French forces meet?
13. What do the French do besides bombard and shell the fortress?
(a) Poison the water supply.
(b) Dig tunnels.
(c) Make several feints.
(d) Shoot fire arrows.
14. How do Sharpe and his men get across the Leyre River?
(b) They build rafts.
15. Why does Sharpe order the men not to shoot unless they know they can kill?
(a) Supplies are running out.
(b) There are not that many French left.
(c) It is the best way to demoralize the enemy.
(d) It is a good way to practice aiming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of supplies did Sharpe's men carry when marching overland?
2. What is bothering Sharpe as he marches?
3. What does Calvet want to do?
4. About how long does it take Sharpe to subdue the French?
5. Where are the British men heading who are using the bridge?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)