|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when the French forces meet?
2. What type of passage does the bridge afford?
(a) Stout and strong.
(b) Very unstable.
(d) It's a permanent bridge.
3. About how long does it take Sharpe to subdue the French?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) About 25 minutes.
(c) The entire day.
(d) Two hours.
4. With what does Ducos threaten Killick?
(b) Being shot as a spy.
5. In what type of formation do the French assault the Teste de Buch the first time after bombardment and shelling?
(a) With calvery.
(b) Long line.
(c) Small forays.
(d) Massed frontal force.
6. Why does Lucille follow Sharpe's force?
(a) To become a camp follower.
(b) To declare her love for one of the soldiers.
(c) To cook for the men.
(d) To earn some money doing laundry.
7. What does Killick tell Sharpe?
(a) His boat can take twenty men.
(b) The leader of the French is homicidal.
(c) He is leaving before the French attack.
(d) There is a large supply of quicklime nearby.
8. What does Sharpe surmise from the condition of the fortress?
(a) He would have to find Killick for a ride out.
(b) They have been abandoned.
(c) He would have to hide in the woods.
(d) Bampfylde was an idiot.
9. What type of man is the man who meets Duco?
(c) Careful and considerate.
(d) Vicious and greedy.
10. Why has Killick agreed to a staged surrender?
(a) He is mad at the French.
(b) Sharpe released him from his oath.
(c) He hates Calvet.
(d) He likes Sharpe.
11. On what does Calvet concentrate his fire?
(a) The command tower.
(b) The parapets.
(c) The center of the fortress.
(d) The gate.
12. What does Killick ask Sharpe?
(a) That he be released from his oath.
(b) If he can right his ship.
(c) If he can leave.
(d) If his men can fight too.
13. What does Sharpe do when he sees Bampfylde?
(a) Draws his sword on him.
(b) Kicks him in the kneecap.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Accost him and insults him.
14. What does Harper manage to repair in the fort?
(a) The landward gate.
(b) The long range artillery.
(c) The landward wall.
(d) One cannon.
15. What kind of thoughts of Jane trouble Sharpe?
(a) That she'd dead or dying.
(b) That she'll miss him.
(c) That she'll find another man.
(d) That she's with child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the French unable to use their howitzers and field guns during the storm?
2. What happens during the second assault in question #148?
3. What do both Calvet and Sharpe realize about the battle?
4. Of what is the British bridge over the water composed?
5. Why is the attack Ducos presses technically illegal?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)