|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction are Bampfylde's Marines marching?
2. What do the men do when they approach the fort with Harper?
(a) Shoot the gate man.
(b) Ask for a surgeon in French.
(c) Bang on the door.
(d) Stand in front waving a white flag.
3. What does Sharpe do when the soldier opens the gate?
(a) Shuts the gate.
(b) Hits him over the head.
(c) Gags him and ties him up.
(d) Kills him.
4. On what peninsula has the British forces been fighting?
5. In what state are Napoleon's troops at the beginning of this book?
(c) Dug in.
(d) Firm and steady.
6. How does Sharpe feel about hanging men?
(b) Has a great distaste for it.
(c) Believes it's a good way to go.
7. With whom does de Maquerre meet up?
(a) Captain Bourgeie.
(b) Major Stephene Rolleuax.
(c) Major Pierre Ducos.
(d) Captain Thomas Caleynie.
8. How experienced are the men in Sharpe's new command?
(a) New recruits.
(b) They are average infantrymen.
(c) Highly-skilled combat veterans.
(d) Are disorganized.
9. Who does the soldier at the gate think Harper is?
(a) A French scout.
(b) A French spy.
(c) An American civilian.
(d) An American casualty.
10. Where does Sharpe order his men after the battle at Teste de Buch?
(a) To Killick's ambush.
(b) To the woods.
(c) Back to the ship.
(d) No where they take up residence in the fort.
11. Why does Sharpe fear for his troops?
(a) He thinks they have picked up the fever.
(b) They are going in first.
(c) He remembers Elphinstone's warning.
(d) They have to fight all the way to Paris.
12. Who suggest the site to which Killick moves his ambush?
13. Of what vital fact is Lassan and Killick unaware?
(a) They do not know about Sharpe's force.
(b) They do not know their spy is with the British.
(c) They do not know the British ship will also attack by water.
(d) They do not know the marines aren't ill.
14. What do the British decide they need to divert the French from the bridge site?
(a) Mortar fire behind them.
(b) Damming the river and flooding the plain.
(c) A diversionary action.
(d) Lighting a forest fire.
15. Why is the Commodore in charge of Teste de Buch concerned?
(a) The water in the well is bad.
(b) His wall is crumbling.
(c) His forces are undermanned.
(d) His food supply is almost gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sharpe's superiors do to free him to lead the invasion force?
2. Who is in charge of the Teste de Buch?
3. What does Sharpe think about Harper's story?
4. What do the French want Bampfylde to do?
5. What does Lassan and his men do when the British enter the fort?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)