|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man that de Marquerre meet conclude about the taking of the fortress?
(a) It is not a feint.
(b) It was too easy.
(c) It is the only action the British plan.
(d) It will put other French plans into disarray.
2. Who is leading the British forces at the beginning of this novel?
3. What is Maquerre supposed to tell Sharpe?
(a) Bordeaux has already rebelled.
(b) Bordeaux has been fortified.
(c) Bordeaux has been wiped out.
(d) Bordeaux is waiting for him.
4. Who suggest the site to which Killick moves his ambush?
5. Where does the commodore of the fort send his men?
(a) To the landward wall.
(b) Into the hills.
(c) To the harbor.
(d) To the seaward wall.
6. Who joins Sharpe's unit at the last moment?
(b) Comte de Maquerre.
7. What did Sharpe as the Americans to swear?
(a) Not to fight in any European war.
(b) Not to aid the French.
(c) To return to America.
(d) Not to engage in hostilities against Britain.
8. Why is Killick intervening in the battle at Teste de Buch?
(a) He is worried for his ship.
(b) He hates the British.
(c) His wife is in the fort.
(d) He hates the French.
9. What do they do with Harper after he pulls his tooth?
(a) Give him whiskey to drink.
(b) Put him on a stretcher.
(c) Make him lie down.
(d) Put him in a hand cart.
10. What does Killick present to Bampfylde?
(a) The title to his ship.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) The strong box from the fort.
(d) A letter of marque and citizenship papers.
11. Who first intervenes for the Americans?
12. What surprises Sharpe when they arrive at their mission site?
(a) The few number of French on the walls of Teste de Buch.
(b) How run down the fort looks.
(c) How hot the weather is for December.
(d) The number o Marines that are there.
13. What does Sharpe think about Harper's story?
(a) It is ridiculous.
(b) It is quite a coincidence.
(c) It is funny.
(d) It is a serious breach of military regulations.
14. What does the man who meets de Maquerre do for a living?
(a) He is a French infantry captain.
(b) He is a French intelligence agent.
(c) He is a French Marine.
(d) He is a French count.
15. Where does Sharpe order his men after the battle at Teste de Buch?
(a) No where they take up residence in the fort.
(b) To Killick's ambush.
(c) Back to the ship.
(d) To the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the Teste de Buch?
2. In what condition are Bampfylde's Marines?
3. Why does Sharpe decline Patrick Harper's volunteering to join the unit?
4. What type of work does Cornelius Killick do?
5. In what state are Napoleon's troops at the beginning of this book?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)