|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggest the site to which Killick moves his ambush?
2. In this war between Napoleon and Europe with whom are the Americans allied?
3. Why do the British troops stop at the river?
(a) It is a natural barrier.
(b) To fill their water barrels.
(c) To water the horses.
(d) The French are too strong on the other side of the river.
4. Who lands as the Marines march away?
(a) No one.
(b) The infantry under Duley.
(c) Winger's calvery.
(d) Sharpe's companies.
5. What does Sharpe do the day after the fort was captured?
(a) Rests his men.
(b) Marches down the coast.
(c) Marches inland.
(d) Returns to the river.
6. Who does Bampfylde credit in his official report to the Admiralty?
(a) Captain Palmer.
7. What do the French want Bampfylde to do?
(a) Come after Sharpe.
(b) Hunker down in the fort.
(c) Abandon Teste de Buch.
(d) March up the coast.
8. What is Sharpe supposed to do after the first part of his mission is accomplished?
(a) March inland toward Bordeaux.
(b) Go on the bridge building crew.
(c) Head towards Paris.
(d) Return to the British camp.
9. Why can't the Marines do the mission Sharpe is assigned?
(a) The Marines are going elsewhere.
(b) There are no Marines in the area.
(c) The Marines are sick with fever.
(d) The Marines are back on the peninsula.
10. What does the man that de Marquerre meet conclude about the taking of the fortress?
(a) It is the only action the British plan.
(b) It is not a feint.
(c) It will put other French plans into disarray.
(d) It was too easy.
11. Where was Sharpe shot during the taking of Teste de Buch?
(a) In his arm.
(b) A graze across the ribs.
(c) A graze on his thigh.
(d) Across the forehead.
12. What do the British decide will support building a temporary bridge across the river?
(a) Two large felled trees.
(b) A British frigate.
(c) The calvery.
(d) Dozens of small ships.
13. How do Sharpe and Frederickson feel about each other?
(a) They like each other immediately.
(b) Sharpe feels uneasy about Frederickson.
(c) They are indifferent to each other.
(d) Frederickson is distainful of Sharpe.
14. Why does Killick surrender?
(a) He is out numbered.
(b) He doesn't have anything against the British.
(c) He has been assured of fair treatment.
(d) He is a coward.
15. Who does Bampfylde interrogate?
(b) The American prisoners.
(c) The French prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How experienced are the men in Sharpe's new command?
2. What does Killick say to Sharpe about hanging sailors?
3. In what direction are Bampfylde's Marines marching?
4. How does Lassan feel when he hears of the land force?
5. What kind of time do the rifle companies make marching?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)