|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this war between Napoleon and Europe with whom are the Americans allied?
2. Who leads the naval expedition near Gujan?
(a) Captain Lyton.
(b) Captain Hornsby.
(c) Captain Bampfylde.
(d) Captain Southerby.
3. What does Bampfylde think Killick is?
(a) An officer in the American navy.
(b) A French soldier.
(c) A spy.
(d) A pirate.
4. Into what territory have the British forces pushed after conquering the peninsula in question #3?
(a) Eastern Spain.
(b) North Germany.
(c) Southern France.
5. Why isn't Richard Sharpe's rank confirmed?
(a) He was drunk on duty.
(b) It is in dispute.
(c) He doesn't want promoted.
(d) It hasn't reached the proper channels.
6. What do the British decide they need to divert the French from the bridge site?
(a) Damming the river and flooding the plain.
(b) Lighting a forest fire.
(c) Mortar fire behind them.
(d) A diversionary action.
7. Why is Harper among Sharpe's company?
(a) He was accidentally put aboard the ship.
(b) He snuck into the company.
(c) He was reassigned to Sharpe.
(d) He was hit over the head and put aboard.
8. Who joins Sharpe's unit at the last moment?
(a) Comte de Maquerre.
9. How does the Commodore try to figure out what the British are going to do?
(a) Sends a spy to the British lines.
(b) Gathers local information.
(c) He doesn't he just waits for whatever happens.
(d) Thinks about what he would do in their situation.
10. What do Sharpe's superiors do to free him to lead the invasion force?
(a) Transfer him from his command.
(b) Transfer all of his men to another unit.
(c) Demote him.
(d) Court martial him.
11. What does Bampfylde say he is going to do with the Americans?
(a) Send them to England.
(b) Set them free.
(c) Try them under British law.
(d) Hang them.
12. Who does the soldier at the gate think Harper is?
(a) An American casualty.
(b) A French scout.
(c) An American civilian.
(d) A French spy.
13. Where was Sharpe shot during the taking of Teste de Buch?
(a) A graze on his thigh.
(b) In his arm.
(c) Across the forehead.
(d) A graze across the ribs.
14. What do the men do when they approach the fort with Harper?
(a) Stand in front waving a white flag.
(b) Shoot the gate man.
(c) Bang on the door.
(d) Ask for a surgeon in French.
15. What does Sharpe worry about from his wound?
(a) He's not worried about a little flesh wound.
(b) That it will leave a scar.
(c) It being worse then it seems and he'll drop dead.
(d) That it will get infected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe do the day after the fort was captured?
2. What is the name of Sharpe's new wife?
3. Where does Napoleon send fresh troops?
4. What does the Comte de Maquerre do for France?
5. Why can't the Marines do the mission Sharpe is assigned?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)