|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction are Bampfylde's Marines marching?
2. What would happen if Bampfylde left Teste de Buch?
(a) The French would occupy it again.
(b) Sharpe would be on his own.
(c) He would march on Bordeaux.
(d) The French would use it against the English.
3. What does Killick say to Sharpe about hanging sailors?
(a) It is homocide.
(b) It is against the law of the sea.
(c) Sailors would rather be shot.
(d) It dooms their spirits to eternal unrest.
4. Why is Killick worried about Thuella?
(a) It has a hole in it.
(b) He's not worried about it.
(c) It is laid up in disrepair.
(d) It was supposed to be back yesterday.
5. What do the British decide they need to divert the French from the bridge site?
(a) Damming the river and flooding the plain.
(b) Lighting a forest fire.
(c) Mortar fire behind them.
(d) A diversionary action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sharpe supposed to do after the first part of his mission is accomplished?
2. How does Sharpe feel about hanging men?
3. What does Bampfylde's Marines do when they arrive at the fortress?
4. What does British intelligence do to the Comte de Maquerre?
5. What does Calvet decide about the best way to assault the fortress?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)