|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivar want to discuss with Sharpe when Vivar comes to his table?
(a) The town's defense.
(b) When the riflemen are leaving.
(c) The ceremony.
2. What does the guide want to do when the troops reach a stream?
(b) Have the men stop to drink.
(c) Bless it with holy water.
(d) Have the men bathe.
3. What does the French colonel mock?
(a) That Sharpe considers himself an officer.
(b) That the British think they can defeat Napoleon.
(c) That Sharpe would think such a small group of people could beat the French.
(d) The idea of hanging a banner and getting a miracle.
4. What does Vivar see when Sharpe removes his shirt?
(a) Nothing, he's not seen Sharpe with his shirt off.
(b) Sharpe's flogging scars.
(c) The large tattoo on Sharpe's back.
(d) Two musket ball scars.
5. Why does Sharpe think the French are unlikely to surrender?
(a) Because he knows Vivar's brother is in the palace.
(b) Because of the treatment of the first prisoners.
(c) Because the local bandits have a bad reputation for torture.
(d) Because he knows there are a lot of French in the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will lead the attack?
2. What does Vivar say blacksmiths will begin to make?
3. What does Harper say to Sharpe immediately when he answers Sharpe's summons?
4. Where do the riflemen go after they are gathered together?
5. For what does Sharpe search the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel about Louisa being gone and what does Vivar tell Sharpe about her absence?
2. What does Vivar tell Sharpe to do in the chapel and what does Sharpe find?
3. What happens when the troops arrive at a stream?
4. What do Sharpe and Harper decide about the French coming to the town?
5. Why does Sharpe burst into the chapel?
6. What do Harper and Sharpe discuss and what does Harper tell Sharpe?
7. What does Sharpe do with the sentry?
8. What is the legend about the gonfalon?
9. What does the French colonel suggest to Sharpe?
10. Why does Sharpe know the French who have appeared are not the real attack?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)