|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell the riflemen to do that is not part of the plan?
(a) Load their rifles.
(b) Charge the palace.
(c) Kill the sentries.
(d) Leave Vivar.
2. What does Sharpe hear right before the cazadores enter the town?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) French artillery.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A drum.
3. What does the colonel wonder as Sharpe leaves?
(a) If Vivar will come to the palace.
(b) If Louisa is in the town.
(c) If Colonel d 'Eclin will get back in time.
(d) If he has fooled Sharpe.
4. Why will the riflemen attack with their rifles empty?
(a) To keep from shooting each other.
(b) To keep their powder dry.
(c) To keep their musket balls dry.
(d) To prevent accidental discharge.
5. What word does Sharpe say to the French sentry over and over?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many French soldiers does Harper kill inside the chapel?
2. What does Vivar think is de l'Eclin's strong point in fighting a battle?
3. At what time will the banner ceremony occur?
4. To whom does Vivar think the French might surrender?
5. What does Sharpe tell the French colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vivar tell Sharpe and what does he do?
2. What does the French colonel tell Sharpe and what is Sharpe's response?
3. What is Harper's idea about the Spanish volunteers?
4. What does Vivar want the riflemen to do and what does Sharpe do?
5. What does Sharpe ask Vivar about the riflemen and what is Vivar's response? How does Sharpe answer him?
6. Where do the riflemen flee from the French pouring out of the palace and what do they see there?
7. What do Sharpe and Louisa talk about and what is Louisa's idea? How does Sharpe feel about her idea?
8. Why does Sharpe burst into the chapel?
9. What do Sharpe and Harper decide about the French coming to the town?
10. What happens when Sharpe enters the palace?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)