|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many French soldiers does Harper kill inside the chapel?
2. What impresses Sharpe about Harper?
(a) How he can carry his big gun.
(b) How quickly he assumes the role of sergeant.
(c) How well he does as a private rifleman.
(d) Being able to beat anyone in a barroom brawl.
3. Why does Sharpe think no woman would want him?
(a) His father is a politician.
(b) He is a low ranking officer.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is scarred.
4. At what do the riflemen laugh when they wait for orders?
(a) The incompetent French.
(b) Sharpe's trouser leg.
(c) The ceremony in the chapel.
(d) The way the Spanish volunteers are dancing.
5. From what do the riflemen have to defend the French prisoners?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The cazadores.
(c) The Spanish volunteers.
(d) The local bandits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sharpe and Louisa say to each other when he sees her after the battle?
2. What does the French colonel say the French will allow?
3. How many days does Sharpe say they can hold Santiago de Compostela?
4. At what time will the banner ceremony occur?
5. How big is the French force in comparison to Sharpe and Vivar's forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vivar come to Sharpe in the tavern, how does Sharpe act?
2. What does Vivar tell Sharpe to do in the chapel and what does Sharpe find?
3. What does Sharpe tell Vivar about capturing Santiago de Compostela and what does Vivar say about Sharpe's opinion?
4. What do Harper and Sharpe discuss and what does Harper tell Sharpe?
5. What does Vivar tell Sharpe and what does he do?
6. What does Sharpe hear as the riflemen are fighting and who appears? Why are the Cazadores fighting so hard?
7. How do the townspeople react to the British and Spanish attacking?
8. What do Sharpe and Harper decide about the French coming to the town?
9. What is the legend about the gonfalon?
10. What does Sharpe do with the caltrops and how do they work?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)