|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many French soldiers does Harper kill inside the chapel?
2. Who will supposedly rise again if the banner is unfurled at Santiago de Compostela?
(b) Vivar's grandfather.
3. How does Sharpe get into the palace?
(a) As a prisoner of the French.
(b) Through the kitchen.
(c) Jumping the garden wall.
(d) Under a flag of truce.
4. Who joins into the fight in the town?
(a) The Spanish militia.
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The local bandits.
5. What officer does Sharpe see?
(a) Major Hogan.
(b) The French colonel he met in the palace.
(c) Colonel de l'Eclin.
(d) He doesn't recognize any officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louisa think she might be able to do to help with the planned attack?
2. What is made for the volunteers?
3. What is the weather like when the troops of Sharpe and Vivar set off?
4. Where does Vivar go when he leaves the palace?
5. What does Vivar see when Sharpe removes his shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of idea does Sharpe have and what is Vivar's response?
2. What news do local bandits bring and what is Vivar's response to their news?
3. What is Harper's idea about the Spanish volunteers?
4. How do the townspeople react to the British and Spanish attacking?
5. What does Louisa tell Sharpe when they meet in the palace and what does Sharpe figure out from what she says?
6. Why is Sharpe going into the palace?
7. What is the legend about the gonfalon?
8. What do Sharpe and Harper decide about the French coming to the town?
9. Why does Sharpe know the French who have appeared are not the real attack?
10. What does the French colonel suggest to Sharpe?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)