|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sharpe search the city?
(b) French supplies.
(c) Gun powder for his men.
2. What does Louisa say she intends to do after the battle?
(a) Go to France with the French colonel.
(b) Return to England.
(c) Stay with Vivar.
(d) Go with Sharpe.
3. Who is with Sharpe at the table in a tavern?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) Several of his men.
(c) Captain Huckelby.
4. How many French soldiers does Harper kill inside the chapel?
5. What does Sharpe tell Vivar?
(a) That he must leave the town immediately.
(b) That there are British soldiers outside the city.
(c) That de l'Eclin is outside the city.
(d) That de l'Eclin is in the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivar asks Sharpe after the first battle?
2. What does Sharpe first find inside the strongbox?
3. What does Vivar tell Sharpe he can be?
4. Why does Sharpe think no woman would want him?
5. Why will the riflemen attack with their rifles empty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vivar tell Sharpe and what does he do?
2. What do Harper and Sharpe discuss and what does Harper tell Sharpe?
3. How does Sharpe feel about Louisa being gone and what does Vivar tell Sharpe about her absence?
4. Why does Sharpe burst into the chapel?
5. What does Sharpe hear as the riflemen are fighting and who appears? Why are the Cazadores fighting so hard?
6. How long do the troops march and what do the riflemen do to keep their movement a secret?
7. How do the townspeople react to the British and Spanish attacking?
8. What news do local bandits bring and what is Vivar's response to their news?
9. What do Sharpe and Harper decide about the French coming to the town?
10. What does Sharpe do with the sentry?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)