|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivar ask Sharpe to do?
(a) Go south to draw the French away.
(b) Sneak behind the French lines.
(c) Provide covering fire so he can charge the French.
(d) Leave the fighting to his Cazadores.
2. What does Sharpe find out the night after the battle with the French?
(a) The French have taken Lisbon.
(b) The French have left Madrid.
(c) The Spanish army is only thrity miles away.
(d) The French have taken Santiago de Compostela.
3. What does Sharpe tell the Parkers to do when he sights French cavalry?
(a) Stop and hide.
(b) Turn around.
(c) Go off the road to the right.
(d) Continue down the road.
4. What does a lieutenant in a small village do in Chapter 1 right before the British are getting ready to withdraw?
(a) Burns some crates.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Takes rifle ammunition out of a crate.
(d) Steals food in his field pack.
5. What do the British and Spanish troops discover when they enter a village?
(a) The villagers have fled and left the village empty.
(b) All the villagers have been slaughtered.
(c) All the men in the village have been killed.
(d) The men in the village have been taken prisoner by the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the person Sharpe meets dressed?
2. What does Major Dunnet tell Captain Murray about the lieutenant?
3. Who intervenes when Sharpe and Vivar get into a fight?
4. Who is the young British woman at the village?
5. What does Sharpe learn about the road to Lisbon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Dunnet tell Sharpe to do, how does he address him and how does he feel about Sharpe? What does Murray suspect about Dunnet's feelings towards Sharpe?
2. With whom does Sharpe dine the first night in the fortress and why do Vivar and Alzaga argue?
3. What does Vivar tell Sharpe about Vivar's troops?
4. What do the British and Spanish find when they enter a village, what do they do and how do the troops feel?
5. Why do Sharpe's men begin to call out enthusiastically when the Parkers come in front of the assembly and what does Mrs. Parker explain to Sharpe?
6. What does Murray tell Sharpe before Murray dies?
7. What does Sharp worry about with Louisa, what does she tell him and what is her response when he tells her about the strongbox?
8. What does Vivar ask Sharpe to recount and what does Vivar explain to Sharpe? Where does he ask Sharpe to go?
9. What does Sharpe do to talk to the French and what is the French colonel's appearance like compared to Sharpe?
10. Who does Sharpe meet when a monk wakes him and asks Sharpe to come with him and what does this person say to Sharpe?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)