|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a lieutenant in a small village do in Chapter 1 right before the British are getting ready to withdraw?
(a) Burns some crates.
(b) Steals food in his field pack.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Takes rifle ammunition out of a crate.
2. What do Sharpe's men do when he assembles them in the morning?
(a) Tell Sharpe they are still not going to Lisbon.
(b) Ask for breakfast.
(c) Make loud, enthusiastic calls.
(d) Complain about the hour.
3. What does Louisa do when the riflemen leave the farmhouse?
(a) Stays in the farmhouse.
(b) Goes to the carriage.
(c) Run to Sharpe.
(d) She's with her uncle in the French troops.
4. Who wakes Sharpe in the night in Chapter 6?
(b) A soldier.
(d) A monk.
5. How is the person Sharpe meets dressed?
(a) As a Spanish gentleman.
(b) He is dressed in a tattered and worn uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murray say he will give Sharpe?
2. What does Major Dunnet tell Captain Murray about the lieutenant?
3. What does Williams tell Sharpe is the background of many of the riflemen?
4. What will Vivar's troops do in the morning?
5. What does Sharpe do when Mrs. Parker refuses to leave the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Sharpe is about to order his riflemen to flee the house and who joins him in the woods?
2. What is the fortress to which Vivar has brought Sharpe and the Spanish troops and what does Vivar say about Spain and the French?
3. What does Mrs. Parker say about Santiago de Compostela and the British?
4. What does Vivar tell Davila to do?
5. What does Vivar tell Sharpe about Vivar's troops?
6. What does Sharpe ask from the Parkers when they stop in a small town for the night and what does Sharpe end up doing for his men?
7. What does Sharpe do to talk to the French and what is the French colonel's appearance like compared to Sharpe?
8. With whom does Sharpe dine the first night in the fortress and why do Vivar and Alzaga argue?
9. What does Sharpe ask about the strong box and what is Vivar's response? How does Sharpe respond to this?
10. What does Sharpe tell the Parkers when they see French cavalry coming and what does he do with his riflemen? Who does he see within the French forces?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)