|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lieutenant's clothes look like?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) Like an enlisted man's uniform.
(c) Correct and proper.
2. Who does Sharpe meet in the night?
(a) A Spanish woman.
(b) Vivar's lieutenant.
(d) A British woman.
3. Why does Louisa invite herself to dinner?
(a) She is curious about the strongbox.
(b) She wants some decent food.
(c) To stay away from the troops for safety.
(d) She wants to meet Vivar's father.
4. What does Sharpe advise George to do?
(a) Go to the coast.
(b) Go to Lisbon.
(c) Join with the Spanish army.
(d) Stay with Vivar.
5. What does Parker ask Sharpe to do?
(a) To allow his wife to leave.
(b) Negotiate the Parkers' release from the farmhouse.
(c) To keep his niece safe.
(d) To lend him a rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vivar refer to his brother?
2. For what does Vivar thank Harper?
3. What does the French negotiator tell Sharpe about the French army?
4. What does Vivar ask Sharpe to recount at the dinner table?
5. Why does Vivar bury the French dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sharpe meet when a monk wakes him and asks Sharpe to come with him and what does this person say to Sharpe?
2. What does Sharp worry about with Louisa, what does she tell him and what is her response when he tells her about the strongbox?
3. What does Vivar tell Sharpe about Vivar's troops?
4. Why does Sharpe withdraw his small force of riflemen he left in the woods?
5. What does Sharpe order the Parkers to do and what does Sharpe do when Mrs. Parker refuses?
6. What does Sharpe have his riflemen do when the French ambush them?
7. What does Sharpe ask about the strong box and what is Vivar's response? How does Sharpe respond to this?
8. What does Williams tell Harper about Sharpe and what does Sharpe tell Williams to do? What is Williams suggestion to Sharpe?
9. What do the British and Spanish find when they enter a village, what do they do and how do the troops feel?
10. What does Mrs. Parker say about Santiago de Compostela and the British?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)