|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe talk to the French?
(a) To arrange safe passage for the Parkers.
(b) To assess their numbers.
(c) To let them know Vivar is not with them.
(d) To offer himself for his men's lives.
2. What does Sharpe do when Captain Murray is hit with a musket round?
(a) Call for a medic.
(b) Pick him up.
(c) Kill the French soldier who shot the captain.
(d) Put him on a horse.
3. What does Vivar encourage Sharpe to do about Harper?
(a) Release him.
(b) Flog him.
(c) Demote him.
(d) Arrest him.
4. Why has Louisa joined Sharpe's group?
(a) To get away from her uncle and aunt.
(b) She is tired of reading the Bible all the time.
(c) She is looking for a husband.
(d) To have an adventure.
5. Who, of the men chasing Vivar, knows the contents of the strongbox and where Vivar is going with it?
(a) Colonel Pierre de l'Eclin
(b) Captain Murray.
(c) The man in the black coat and white boots.
(d) Richard Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams tell Sharpe is the background of many of the riflemen?
2. What does Sharpe do to a cavalry horse that reaches him?
3. What does Sharpe tell the Parkers to do when he sights French cavalry?
4. What does Murray believe when he offers Sharpe advice?
5. What do the British and Spanish troops do while traveling west?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe ask about the strong box and what is Vivar's response? How does Sharpe respond to this?
2. Why does Sharpe withdraw his small force of riflemen he left in the woods?
3. What does Sharpe order the Parkers to do and what does Sharpe do when Mrs. Parker refuses?
4. What happens when the French assault the farmhouse the first time and what does Sharpe tell Harper? What is Harper's response?
5. Why do Sharpe's men begin to call out enthusiastically when the Parkers come in front of the assembly and what does Mrs. Parker explain to Sharpe?
6. What do the British and Spanish find when they enter a village, what do they do and how do the troops feel?
7. What does Sharp worry about with Louisa, what does she tell him and what is her response when he tells her about the strongbox?
8. What does Mrs. Parker say about Santiago de Compostela and the British?
9. Who does Sharpe meet when a monk wakes him and asks Sharpe to come with him and what does this person say to Sharpe?
10. What does Sharpe do to talk to the French and what is the French colonel's appearance like compared to Sharpe?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)