|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharpe get a telescope?
(a) His brother gives it to him for his birthday.
(b) He receives it for bravery.
(c) His father leaves it to him.
(d) He buys it when he is on leave.
2. What does Vivar say when Sharpe asks for explanations of what they are doing?
(a) He says he will talk later.
(b) He tells him about the strongbox.
(c) Vivar says he can't tell Sharpe anything until the next week.
(d) He tells him he doesn't have the need to know.
3. Who arrives at the farmhouse with extra cavalry?
(a) Major Roberto de la Couscella.
(b) Colonel de le'Tousi.
(c) Captain Blaize.
4. What keeps French reinforcements from crushing Vivar and Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe kills the French commanding officer.
(b) Harper gets loose and cuts them off.
(c) The French have to cross a river.
(d) A forest fire on the south.
5. What does Murray believe when he offers Sharpe advice?
(a) Murray believes he is about to die.
(b) Sharpe is a poor officer.
(c) They can outwit the French.
(d) He can give Sharpe aid in adjusting to being an officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe talk to the French?
2. What do the British and Spanish decide to do when they arrive at a village in Chapter 6?
3. What does the man in the black coat and white boots say to Sharpe?
4. What do the British and Spanish troops discover when they enter a village?
5. What does Williams tell Sharpe is part of the reason the riflemen have fought so hard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe ask from the Parkers when they stop in a small town for the night and what does Sharpe end up doing for his men?
2. What does Sharpe do to talk to the French and what is the French colonel's appearance like compared to Sharpe?
3. What happens as Sharpe is about to order his riflemen to flee the house and who joins him in the woods?
4. What do the British and Spanish find when they enter a village, what do they do and how do the troops feel?
5. What does Major Dunnet tell Sharpe to do, how does he address him and how does he feel about Sharpe? What does Murray suspect about Dunnet's feelings towards Sharpe?
6. Why does Sharpe withdraw his small force of riflemen he left in the woods?
7. What does Sharpe have his riflemen do when the French ambush them?
8. What does Vivar tell Sharpe about leadership?
9. What does Vivar ask Sharpe to recount and what does Vivar explain to Sharpe? Where does he ask Sharpe to go?
10. What does Dunnet order the riflemen to do when the French are charging them and what is Sharpe's response?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)