|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe command his riflemen to do?
(a) Bring the caltrops and come with him.
(b) Back up the cazadores.
(c) Join the British regiment.
(d) Fire on the French cavalry.
2. What does Sharpe say is the cost of his aid?
(a) Food and supplies for his men.
(b) Enough horses to get the riflemen to the ocean.
(c) That Harper be used to protect Louisa.
(d) That Vivar convinces Harper to become a sergeant.
3. What impresses Sharpe about Harper?
(a) How quickly he assumes the role of sergeant.
(b) How he can carry his big gun.
(c) Being able to beat anyone in a barroom brawl.
(d) How well he does as a private rifleman.
4. What is wrong when the riflemen arrive?
(a) They are in the wrong location.
(b) They are at the wrong town.
(c) There is no cover for them to hide behind.
(d) They are spotted by the French.
5. What do the riflemen get from the French?
(a) A map of the town.
(b) Some uniforms.
(c) Some food.
(d) Some weapons.
6. What does Harper say about the riflemen fighting well?
(a) That some will complain.
(b) They will do only enough to survive.
(c) They aren't ready for battle.
(d) That they don't like Sharpe.
7. Why would Vivar not hang the banner in Santiago de Compostela?
(a) It is too degraded.
(b) The French have the city.
(c) The banner is not for hanging; it is for the cavalry.
(d) It is supposed to be hung where the king is.
8. What does Harper tell Sharpe about the Spanish volunteers?
(a) They will never be able to fight like soldiers.
(b) They are ready to go.
(c) They won't be ready for another week.
(d) There are not enough of them.
9. What tactic does Sharpe want to use to attack Santiago de Compostela?
(b) Burning the village.
(c) Caltrops and a battering ram.
(d) Sneaking into the palace and setting mines.
10. What does Louisa think she might be able to do to help with the planned attack?
(a) Seduce the French commander.
(b) Spread false rumors.
(c) Arouse the countryside.
(d) Kill the French colonel.
11. Where will the product in question #153 be taken?
(a) To the Spanish volunteers.
(b) To the riflemen.
(c) To the palace.
(d) To the center of town.
12. What does the French colonel say the French will allow?
(a) The Spanish volunteers to go free.
(b) The townspeople to leave.
(c) The Spanish to have the palace.
(d) Vivar to have his ceremony.
13. What do Sharpe and Louisa say to each other when he sees her after the battle?
(a) They discuss the palace.
(b) They missed each other.
(c) They congratulate each other on the victory.
(d) Sharpe tells her he is angry.
14. What kind of precautions do the troops take?
(a) Keeping their powder dry in the rain.
(b) Precautions so they do not make unnecessary noise.
(c) Keeping their food from spoiling.
(d) Drinking a lot of water in the hot, dry weather.
15. At what time will the banner ceremony occur?
(a) Five P.M.
(b) Eight A.M.
(c) Six P.M.
(d) Ten P.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will lead the attack?
2. What does Vivar want the riflemen to do which is a change in plans?
3. What does Sharpe tell Harper to have the riflemen do after Vivar enters the town?
4. What does Vivar think is de l'Eclin's strong point in fighting a battle?
5. What does Sharpe tell Vivar?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)