|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vivar go when he leaves the palace?
(a) To his men.
(b) The main town hall.
(c) To his home.
(d) The chapel.
2. What does Sharpe tell Vivar?
(a) That he must leave the town immediately.
(b) That de l'Eclin is in the palace.
(c) That de l'Eclin is outside the city.
(d) That there are British soldiers outside the city.
3. What does Vivar do with Sharpe's wine?
(a) Pours it on the floor.
(b) Gives it to the men at the next table.
(c) Hits him over the head with the bottle.
(d) Throws it in his face.
4. What does Sharpe tell the riflemen to do that is not part of the plan?
(a) Kill the sentries.
(b) Load their rifles.
(c) Leave Vivar.
(d) Charge the palace.
5. What do Sharpe and Louisa say to each other when he sees her after the battle?
(a) Sharpe tells her he is angry.
(b) They congratulate each other on the victory.
(c) They missed each other.
(d) They discuss the palace.
6. What does Harper say about the riflemen fighting well?
(a) That they don't like Sharpe.
(b) They aren't ready for battle.
(c) They will do only enough to survive.
(d) That some will complain.
7. What does Vivar say he will do if Sharpe does not agree to his plan?
(a) Have Harper take command.
(b) Charge Sharpe with treason.
(c) Attack with or without Sharpe.
(d) Have Sharpe given to the French.
8. Where do the riflemen go after they are gathered together?
(a) They get up on the city walls.
(b) They surround the palace.
(c) They leave the city.
(d) They go to the chapel.
9. What is the banner called that Vivar carries?
(a) A tri-late.
10. What does the legend say will happen if the banner is ever captured?
(a) Matamoros will never return.
(b) Spain will be destroyed.
(c) Spain will be occupied by a foreign army for 100 years.
(d) Zorro will never rise again.
11. What does Sharpe hear right before the cazadores enter the town?
(a) A drum.
(b) An explosion.
(c) French artillery.
(d) A trumpet.
12. What tactic does Sharpe want to use to attack Santiago de Compostela?
(a) Sneaking into the palace and setting mines.
(b) Caltrops and a battering ram.
(d) Burning the village.
13. Who wants to give the banner to the French?
(a) No one.
(b) Vivar's brother.
(c) The British.
(d) The Catholic Church.
14. Who does Sharpe see outside the city?
(a) The Spanish army.
(b) A British regiment.
(c) French cavalry.
(d) A rifle company.
15. Why are Sharpe and Harper looking to the south and west of town?
(a) To figure out where to go next.
(b) To find any riflemen who deserted.
(c) To predict de l'Eclin's approach.
(d) To show the volunteers where to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news do local bandits bring to Vivar?
2. How many French soldiers does Harper kill inside the chapel?
3. At what time will the banner ceremony occur?
4. Who joins into the fight in the town?
5. Who recognizes Sharpe when he enters the palace?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)