|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What officer does Sharpe see?
(a) Colonel de l'Eclin.
(b) The French colonel he met in the palace.
(c) Major Hogan.
(d) He doesn't recognize any officer.
2. What does Sharpe expect as he waits for Vivar's cavalry charge?
(a) The rain to start any moment.
(b) The town hall to be set on fire.
(c) The Spanish volunteers to show up.
(d) A French counterattack.
3. Who recognizes Sharpe when he enters the palace?
(a) Captain Bouises.
(b) Colonel de l'Eclin.
(c) The Count of Mouromorto.
(d) Major Phillipe de Courseli.
4. Why are Sharpe and Harper looking to the south and west of town?
(a) To show the volunteers where to go.
(b) To figure out where to go next.
(c) To find any riflemen who deserted.
(d) To predict de l'Eclin's approach.
5. How do the volunteers do when Vivar watches a demonstration?
(a) They fail.
(b) They are highly successful.
(c) They are successful with charging but fail in bayonet practice.
(d) They can shoot well with the muskets.
6. Why would Vivar not hang the banner in Santiago de Compostela?
(a) The banner is not for hanging; it is for the cavalry.
(b) The French have the city.
(c) It is supposed to be hung where the king is.
(d) It is too degraded.
7. Who does Sharpe see outside the city?
(a) A British regiment.
(b) A rifle company.
(c) The Spanish army.
(d) French cavalry.
8. What does Vivar see when Sharpe removes his shirt?
(a) Nothing, he's not seen Sharpe with his shirt off.
(b) Two musket ball scars.
(c) Sharpe's flogging scars.
(d) The large tattoo on Sharpe's back.
9. To whom does Vivar think the French might surrender?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) A British officer.
(d) The town mayor.
10. What do the riflemen get from the French?
(a) Some weapons.
(b) A map of the town.
(c) Some uniforms.
(d) Some food.
11. At what time will the banner ceremony occur?
(a) Five P.M.
(b) Eight A.M.
(c) Six P.M.
(d) Ten P.M.
12. What does Vivar want to discuss with Sharpe when Vivar comes to his table?
(b) When the riflemen are leaving.
(c) The ceremony.
(d) The town's defense.
13. How big is the French force in comparison to Sharpe and Vivar's forces?
(a) Four times larger.
(b) About two thirds of their force.
(c) About equal.
(d) Twice as large.
14. Who will supposedly rise again if the banner is unfurled at Santiago de Compostela?
(b) Vivar's grandfather.
15. What does the colonel suggest?
(a) That he exchange Louisa for Vivar.
(b) A mutual withdrawal from the city.
(c) A truce.
(d) A duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Sharpe say to the French sentry over and over?
2. For what does Sharpe search the city?
3. What news do local bandits bring to Vivar?
4. What does Harper tell Sharpe about the Spanish volunteers?
5. Who joins into the fight in the town?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)