|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will lead the attack?
(a) The riflemen.
(b) The Spanish volunteers.
(c) The cavalry.
(d) The Spanish infantry.
2. What tactic does Sharpe want to use to attack Santiago de Compostela?
(a) Burning the village.
(b) Caltrops and a battering ram.
(d) Sneaking into the palace and setting mines.
3. What do the riflemen get from the French?
(a) Some weapons.
(b) A map of the town.
(c) Some food.
(d) Some uniforms.
4. How long do the troops march?
(a) Until just after noon.
(b) All through the night.
(c) Until the late afternoon.
(d) Until sunset.
5. For what does Harper think the volunteers might be good?
(a) Backing up the riflemen.
(b) Sneaking out the women and children.
(c) Setting fires in the French supplies.
(d) Causing riots in the town.
6. What does Sharpe tell Harper to have the riflemen do after Vivar enters the town?
(a) Keep the riflemen out of the town.
(b) Head to the palace.
(c) Follow the volunteers.
(d) Burn the city gate.
7. How many French soldiers does Harper kill inside the chapel?
8. What does Harper say is good for Sharpe?
(a) That he has found a new uniform.
(b) That a woman turned him down.
(c) That the French colonel thinks he's stupid.
(d) That he has Harper to look after him.
9. What is the banner called that Vivar carries?
(b) A tri-late.
10. Where do the riflemen go after they are gathered together?
(a) They leave the city.
(b) They surround the palace.
(c) They get up on the city walls.
(d) They go to the chapel.
11. What does Vivar think is de l'Eclin's strong point in fighting a battle?
(a) He does best when backed up by artillery.
(b) He is only good on offense.
(c) He is only good on defense.
(d) He does best on horseback.
12. What does Sharpe tell the French colonel?
(a) His riflemen will leave within the hour.
(b) He will post snipers over the palace walls.
(c) He will take all the French as prisoners.
(d) He will blow up the palace.
13. What does the French colonel mock?
(a) That Sharpe would think such a small group of people could beat the French.
(b) That Sharpe considers himself an officer.
(c) The idea of hanging a banner and getting a miracle.
(d) That the British think they can defeat Napoleon.
14. How many days does Sharpe say they can hold Santiago de Compostela?
(a) Five days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
15. What news do local bandits bring to Vivar?
(a) Napoleon is coming to Spain.
(b) Lisbon has been captured by the French.
(c) Napoleon has ordered the capture of Lisbon by February.
(d) The king of Spain has been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivar say he will do if Sharpe does not agree to his plan?
2. What does Sharpe ask Harper to do with Spanish civilians?
3. At what do the riflemen laugh when they wait for orders?
4. What does Louisa think might be affected by her current activities?
5. What impresses Sharpe about Harper?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)