|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Vivar's troops do in the morning?
(a) Go to Lisbon.
(b) Continue on to Satiago de Compostela.
(c) Stay at the village.
(d) Go to Madrid.
2. Why does Louisa invite herself to dinner?
(a) To stay away from the troops for safety.
(b) She wants some decent food.
(c) She is curious about the strongbox.
(d) She wants to meet Vivar's father.
3. What does Murray believe when he offers Sharpe advice?
(a) Sharpe is a poor officer.
(b) They can outwit the French.
(c) He can give Sharpe aid in adjusting to being an officer.
(d) Murray believes he is about to die.
4. What do the riflemen do as the British retreat from the French?
(a) Take the point.
(b) Guard the rear.
(c) Conduct guerrilla warfare.
(d) Guard the flanks.
5. What does the sergeant Williams order the riflemen to do before the second attack of the French?
(a) Drop into the trenches.
(b) Charge the French.
(c) Form a square.
(d) Go to the woods.
6. What does the man in the black coat and white boots say to Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe knows where the strongbox is located.
(b) Vivar stole the strongbox from him.
(c) Sharpe is a liar.
(d) Sharpe will be hung.
7. Who intervenes when Sharpe and Vivar get into a fight?
(a) A monk.
(d) A priest.
8. How does Father Alzaga feel towards Sharpe?
9. What does Vivar ask Sharpe to do?
(a) Sneak behind the French lines.
(b) Provide covering fire so he can charge the French.
(c) Leave the fighting to his Cazadores.
(d) Go south to draw the French away.
10. What does Vivar say the Spanish people need?
(a) A miracle.
(b) More time.
(c) Less political in-fighting.
(d) More weapons.
11. What do the British and Spanish troops do while traveling west?
(a) Fight the French.
(b) Have minor brawls between the British and the Spanish troops.
(c) Form into a cohesive army.
(d) Stay off the main roads.
12. What does Sharpe do when they are running for the farmhouse?
(a) Leaps on one of the carriage horses and charge the French.
(b) Hides in the carriage.
(c) Climbs a tree and fire on the French.
(d) Stays behind to provide cover fire.
13. By what title does Major Warren Dunnet address the lieutenant in Chapter 1?
(a) Company Commander.
(b) Logistics Commander.
(d) Officer on Duty.
14. What does Williams suggest to Sharpe?
(a) They go east away from the French.
(b) They scatter in the woods.
(c) They rescue the prisoners.
(d) They surrender to the French.
15. What does Harper refuse to do?
(a) Stay behind as rear guard.
(b) Become an officer.
(c) Carry the ammunition packs.
(d) Prepare to depart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the fortress to which the soldiers come built?
2. What happens to Major Dunnet during the battle with the French?
3. What does the French negotiator think Sharpe is trying to do?
4. What does Sharpe tell Harper he plans for the troops to do?
5. Who is the young British woman at the village?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)