|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams suggest to Sharpe?
(a) They surrender to the French.
(b) They go east away from the French.
(c) They rescue the prisoners.
(d) They scatter in the woods.
2. What do the British and Spanish troops discover when they enter a village?
(a) All the men in the village have been killed.
(b) The men in the village have been taken prisoner by the French.
(c) All the villagers have been slaughtered.
(d) The villagers have fled and left the village empty.
3. Where was Vivar when his wife died?
(a) In Spain.
(b) In America.
(c) In Britain.
(d) In France.
4. What does Sharpe do when they are running for the farmhouse?
(a) Stays behind to provide cover fire.
(b) Leaps on one of the carriage horses and charge the French.
(c) Climbs a tree and fire on the French.
(d) Hides in the carriage.
5. What does the man in the black coat and white boots say to Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe is a liar.
(b) Sharpe knows where the strongbox is located.
(c) Vivar stole the strongbox from him.
(d) Sharpe will be hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vivar bury the French dead?
2. What does Parker ask Sharpe to do?
3. By what title does Major Warren Dunnet address the lieutenant in Chapter 1?
4. What do Sharpe's men do when he assembles them in the morning?
5. What does the French commander tell Sharpe?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)