|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French negotiator think Sharpe is trying to do?
(a) Help Vivar escape.
(b) Sabotage his capture of Vivar.
(c) Draw him away from Vivar's position.
(d) Stop the French advance.
2. Why does Vivar bury the French dead?
(a) So they don't attract wild animals.
(b) So they have a Christian burial.
(c) So they don't spread disease.
(d) So their ghosts won't bother him.
3. What do the riflemen do as the British retreat from the French?
(a) Guard the flanks.
(b) Conduct guerrilla warfare.
(c) Take the point.
(d) Guard the rear.
4. What does Williams tell Sharpe that Vivar has told Williams about the strongbox?
(a) It contains precious jewels.
(b) It has valuable intelligence information.
(c) It is the King's Great Seal.
(d) It contains gold.
5. What do Sharpe's men do when he assembles them in the morning?
(a) Make loud, enthusiastic calls.
(b) Complain about the hour.
(c) Tell Sharpe they are still not going to Lisbon.
(d) Ask for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe command Harper to do?
2. What does Sharpe order Hagman to do when the French begin firing again?
3. What does Vivar tell Sharpe about how he deals with military regulations?
4. What does Sharpe do when Mrs. Parker refuses to leave the carriage?
5. What does Harper refuse to do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)