|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivar say when Sharpe tells Vivar he plans to go south?
(a) Lisbon is to the north.
(b) He will go with him.
(c) The British are to the east.
(d) There are no open roads to the south.
2. What does Williams tell Sharpe is the background of many of the riflemen?
(a) They are good sturdy farmers.
(b) They are thugs and criminals.
(c) They are mostly from the cities.
(d) They have been drafted against their wishes.
3. What does Sharpe order Williams to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Move the wounded.
(b) Form ranks.
(c) Send men out for firewood.
(d) Take a squad to scout.
4. What does Murray say he will give Sharpe?
(a) His sword to replace the one Sharpe broke.
(b) His horse.
(c) Command of the riflemen.
(d) His extra uniforms.
5. From whom is Major Blas Vivar hiding a strongbox?
(a) The French.
(b) The British.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivar ask Sharpe to do?
2. What do the British and Spanish troops discover when they enter a village?
3. What does Murray believe when he offers Sharpe advice?
4. What does Vivar tell Sharpe the strongbox contains?
5. What keeps French reinforcements from crushing Vivar and Sharpe?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)