|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Parker his strategy is after they are in the farmhouse?
(a) To wait for the British main army to catch up to them.
(b) To surrender in the morning.
(c) To cut the French down from the farmhouse.
(d) To sneak away after dark.
2. What does Williams tell Sharpe is the background of many of the riflemen?
(a) They are mostly from the cities.
(b) They are good sturdy farmers.
(c) They are thugs and criminals.
(d) They have been drafted against their wishes.
3. What do the riflemen do as the British retreat from the French?
(a) Take the point.
(b) Guard the flanks.
(c) Guard the rear.
(d) Conduct guerrilla warfare.
4. By what title does Major Warren Dunnet address the lieutenant in Chapter 1?
(a) Company Commander.
(b) Officer on Duty.
(d) Logistics Commander.
5. What do Sharpe's men do when he assembles them in the morning?
(a) Complain about the hour.
(b) Make loud, enthusiastic calls.
(c) Tell Sharpe they are still not going to Lisbon.
(d) Ask for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harper do the night of the battle?
2. What does the sergeant Williams order the riflemen to do before the second attack of the French?
3. Who intervenes when Sharpe and Vivar get into a fight?
4. What does Murray believe when he offers Sharpe advice?
5. What does Vivar encourage Sharpe to do about Harper?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)