Prologue and Chapter 1
1. From whom is Major Blas Vivar hiding a strongbox?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The French.
(c) The British.
(d) His sister.
2. In the prologue, where have Vivar and his men taken refuge?
(a) In the Black Forest.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In Santiago de Compostela.
(d) In the mountains.
3. Who, of the men chasing Vivar, knows the contents of the strongbox and where Vivar is going with it?
(a) Colonel Pierre de l'Eclin
(b) Richard Sharpe.
(c) The man in the black coat and white boots.
(d) Captain Murray.
4. In what direction is Davila supposed to go when he leaves Vivar?
5. What does a lieutenant in a small village do in Chapter 1 right before the British are getting ready to withdraw?
(a) Steals food in his field pack.
(b) Takes rifle ammunition out of a crate.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Burns some crates.
6. By what title does Major Warren Dunnet address the lieutenant in Chapter 1?
(a) Officer on Duty.
(b) Company Commander.
(c) Logistics Commander.
This section contains 5,113 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)