|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
(a) By force.
(b) By scaring Ducos into handing it over.
(c) By killing the Cardinal.
(d) By stealing it.
2. What does Sharpe tell Frederickson about Lucille?
(a) She married a French count.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He left her pregnant.
(d) He never really got to know her.
3. What do d'Alembord and Harper worry about concerning Jane?
(a) Sharpe killing Jane.
(b) Jane being hurt.
(c) Sharpe's money.
(d) Sharpe's reaction.
4. What news does Sharpe hear from Harper after Harper sees Jane?
(a) That she is spending all his money.
(b) That she is cheating on him.
(c) That she is ill.
5. What do Sharpe and his group do while the French are firing on Ducos' estate?
(a) Penetrate deep into the building.
(b) Watch from a hill above the estate.
(c) Take out the perimeter guard.
(d) Attack the Cardinal's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what has Ducos converted most of Napoleon's fortune?
2. What type of behavior is Ducos beginning to exhibit?
3. What does Sharpe seek when he leaves Lucille's estate?
4. What does Lucille tell her doctor about her state of being?
5. For what does Ducos stand trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
2. Describe the fight at Ducos' defensive room.
3. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
4. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
5. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
6. How do the maneuvers at Ducos' estate turn out as far as Ducos' men are concerned?
7. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
8. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
9. What does Calvet decide to do about Ducos based on local authorities' response to his request?
10. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)