|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe learn as he is recovering?
(a) How to keep the books on Lucille's estate.
(b) How to paint in watercolors.
2. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do?
(a) Go to France to be with Sharpe.
(b) Move into a place by herself.
(c) Ask Rossendale to intervene for Sharpe.
(d) Clean up her house.
3. What kind of repercussions follow Sharpe taking Ducos out of Naples?
(a) He is reprimanded.
(c) Naples declares war on England and France.
(d) He has to write an apology to the Cardinal.
4. Where do Ducos and his last men make a stand?
(a) On top of the front wall.
(b) In a tower behind the residence.
(c) In a sealed and reinforced room.
(d) In the basement.
5. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe?
(a) That Napoleon can clear Sharpe's name.
(b) That Sharpe return to London.
(c) A joint operation.
(d) To wait for Calvet to bring out Ducos.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Sharpe appeal in his plan to get free of the villa?
2. Into what has Ducos converted most of Napoleon's fortune?
3. Where do Sharpe and his two friends hit Duco's main group of defenders?
4. What does d'Alembord notice about Jane when he goes to see her in Chapter 10?
5. What does Ducos use to fire at the force chopping into his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
2. What does Calvet decide to do about Ducos based on local authorities' response to his request?
3. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
4. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
5. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
6. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
7. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
8. What does Calvet do while Sharpe is implementing his plan and how does it all end?
9. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
10. What is apparent when Jane sees Rossendale and how does their social circle feel about it?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)