|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe seek when he leaves Lucille's estate?
(c) A better physician.
(d) Restoring his honor.
2. What is one of the reasons that leads Sharpe to believe Jane might be leaving him?
(a) She has sent him only a little money.
(b) She has not written him any letters.
(c) She has filed divorce papers.
(d) She has written him but talks mostly of Rossendale.
3. Of what does d'Alembord warn Harper?
(a) That his wife is also cheating on him.
(b) About Rossendale.
(c) About stirring up too much trouble.
(d) About the changes in Jane.
4. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
(a) To have Frederickson found.
(b) To clear Sharpe's name.
(c) To ask for an investigator to return.
(d) To file a complaint against Harper.
5. Why is the Cardinal protecting Ducos?
(a) Ducos plans to enter the priesthood.
(b) For his wealth and frequent payments.
(c) They are related.
(d) Ducos saved the Cardinal's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do d'Alembord and Harper worry about concerning Jane?
2. Where does Ducos hide when Sharpe and the others breach the room?
3. To where do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper return?
4. Why does Napoleon send Calvet to the Kingdom of Naples?
5. What are Rossendale's nights like for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
2. How do the maneuvers at Ducos' estate turn out as far as Ducos' men are concerned?
3. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
4. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
5. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
6. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
7. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
8. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
9. How does Sharpe capture Ducos and what is the cost of that capture?
10. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)