|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucille feel about Frederickson's feelings for her?
(a) She doesn't like him feeling that way about her.
(b) She doesn't feel the same.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
2. What does Ducos use to fire at the force chopping into his room?
(a) A machine gun.
(c) A small cannon.
(d) A sixteen pounder, heavy cannon.
3. What type of behavior is Ducos beginning to exhibit?
(c) Indifferent to the world.
(d) Paranoid and eccentric.
4. How does Jane feel while waiting for Sharpe to return?
5. What does d'Alembord notice about Jane when he goes to see her in Chapter 10?
(a) That she has moved a lover into her house.
(b) The marked change in her.
(c) That she is sick.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
2. Why do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper go to the Kingdom of Naples?
3. Where does Ducos remain in Chapter 12?
4. To what does Sharpe appeal in his plan to get free of the villa?
5. Where does Harper go when he leaves Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
2. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
3. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
4. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
5. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
6. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
7. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
8. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
9. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
10. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)