|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille do when Frederickson proposes marriage?
(a) Gently says no.
(b) Says nothing.
(c) Says yes.
(d) Says she will think about it.
2. What does Lucille tell her doctor about her state of being?
(a) She has a hard time walking.
(b) She is carrying Sharpe's child.
(c) She has hurt her back.
(d) She is terribly depressed.
3. How does Sharpe feel about Lucille's estate?
(a) He thinks it's ugly.
(b) He hates it and wants to get home.
(c) He admires it.
(d) He is indifferent.
4. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe?
(a) That Napoleon can clear Sharpe's name.
(b) To wait for Calvet to bring out Ducos.
(c) A joint operation.
(d) That Sharpe return to London.
5. How do Lucille and Sharpe feel towards each other by the end of Chapter 11?
(a) They're indifferent to each other.
(b) They detest each other.
(c) They are irritated with each other.
(d) They are fond of each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sharpe and his group first encounter at Ducos's estate?
2. Where do Sharpe and the others have to go to get into Ducos' room?
3. Why does Harper travel to London?
4. What does Sharpe seek when he leaves Lucille's estate?
5. What does Lucille wonder about Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
2. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
3. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
4. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
5. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
6. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
7. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
8. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
9. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
10. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)