|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe say to Calvet when Calvet has him surrounded?
(a) He should have killed him at Toulouse.
(b) He won't help him.
(c) He admires his military skill.
(d) He will tell him where Ducos is living.
2. Where does Ducos hide when Sharpe and the others breach the room?
(a) On the balcony.
(b) Behind a curtain.
(c) Under the desk.
(d) Behind the door.
3. Into what has Ducos converted most of Napoleon's fortune?
(b) English pounds.
4. How does Lucille feel when Sharpe leaves?
(b) Sad and wistful.
5. How do Sharpe and Calvet plan to escape?
(a) In the rocky hills above the city.
(b) Through the woods.
(c) Through the alley behind the residence.
(d) In a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ducos' punishment?
2. What is the final outcome of the battle at Ducos' villa?
3. What type of cannon does Ducos purchase for his location?
4. What does Lucille tell her doctor about her state of being?
5. Why does Harper travel to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe capture Ducos and what is the cost of that capture?
2. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
3. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
4. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
5. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
6. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
7. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
8. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
9. What does Calvet decide to do about Ducos based on local authorities' response to his request?
10. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)