|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ducos and his last men make a stand?
(a) In a sealed and reinforced room.
(b) In the basement.
(c) On top of the front wall.
(d) In a tower behind the residence.
2. Why is the Cardinal protecting Ducos?
(a) They are related.
(b) Ducos plans to enter the priesthood.
(c) For his wealth and frequent payments.
(d) Ducos saved the Cardinal's life.
3. With what does Harper respond to Ducos' fire?
(a) With his seven barrel gun.
(b) With a large rock.
(c) With his rifle.
(d) He throws a knife into Ducos' chest.
4. What type of work does Ducos do for France?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is in the intelligence service.
(c) He is one of Napoleon's advisors.
(d) He is a general.
5. What kind of repercussions follow Sharpe taking Ducos out of Naples?
(a) He is reprimanded.
(b) Naples declares war on England and France.
(d) He has to write an apology to the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that leads Sharpe to believe Jane might be leaving him?
2. What is Ducos doing with Napoleon's old uniforms?
3. What does Sharpe's group plan to do?
4. What are the similarities between Jane and Sharpe's new lovers?
5. Where does Frederickson say he'd like to visit once his name is cleared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
2. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
3. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
4. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
5. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
6. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
7. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
8. What does Calvet decide to do about Ducos based on local authorities' response to his request?
9. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
10. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)