|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frederickson go to find out information about Ducos?
2. How does Sharpe feel about Lucille's estate?
(a) He thinks it's ugly.
(b) He hates it and wants to get home.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He admires it.
3. For what does Ducos stand trial?
4. With whom does Calvet meet in Naples?
(a) A priest.
(b) The Earl of Naples.
(c) The local authorities.
5. What does the Cardinal plan to do about Calvet?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Negotiate with him.
(c) Intercept him and the money.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally captures Ducos?
2. Where do Ducos and his last men make a stand?
3. How does Lucille feel about Frederickson's feelings for her?
4. What do Frederickson and Harper do at Lucille's house?
5. What news does Sharpe hear from Harper after Harper sees Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
2. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
3. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
4. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
5. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
6. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
7. How does Sharpe capture Ducos and what is the cost of that capture?
8. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
9. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
10. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)