|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does most of London society admire Rossendale?
(a) For his education.
(b) For his bravery in being with Jane.
(c) For being handsome and charming.
(d) For his connections.
2. How does Sharpe feel about Lucille's estate?
(a) He hates it and wants to get home.
(b) He admires it.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He thinks it's ugly.
3. How does d'Alembord feel when he takes his leave of Jane?
4. What does Frederickson say to Lucille about Sharpe?
(a) He is married.
(b) He has a woman where ever he goes.
(c) He did not kill her brother.
(d) He has amazing luck in battle.
5. What do Frederickson and Harper do at Lucille's house?
(a) Woo Lucille.
(b) Plan how to get Ducos.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Make extensive repairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what has Ducos converted most of Napoleon's fortune?
2. What does Calvet gather up before they leave the villa?
3. What weapon does Sharpe fire at the Neapolitan soldiers?
4. What does Lucille wonder about Sharpe?
5. What is Ducos hoping for as he makes a last stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
2. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
3. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
4. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
5. How does Sharpe capture Ducos and what is the cost of that capture?
6. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
7. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
8. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
9. What is apparent when Jane sees Rossendale and how does their social circle feel about it?
10. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)