|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe remain in France?
(a) He is in prison.
(b) He is too wounded to travel.
(c) He has been assigned there.
(d) He has heard about Jane and doesn't want to go home.
2. What do Frederickson and Harper do at Lucille's house?
(a) Woo Lucille.
(b) Make extensive repairs.
(c) Plan how to get Ducos.
(d) Play cards.
3. What is ironic about Lucille turning down Frederickson's proposal?
(a) He had harped on matrimony as being futile.
(b) She had flirted with him the first month he had been at her house.
(c) She had hated Sharpe when she had first met him.
(d) She had liked him so much when they had first met.
4. What almost happens to Harper when he goes by Jane's house?
(a) Jane slaps him.
(b) Rossendale almost shoots him.
(c) Jane almost shoots him.
(d) He is nearly trampled under by Rossendale's horses.
5. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
(a) To have Frederickson found.
(b) To file a complaint against Harper.
(c) To clear Sharpe's name.
(d) To ask for an investigator to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Ducos stand trial?
2. How does Lucille feel about Frederickson's feelings for her?
3. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do?
4. What kind of repercussions follow Sharpe taking Ducos out of Naples?
5. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
2. What is apparent when Jane sees Rossendale and how does their social circle feel about it?
3. What does Calvet do while Sharpe is implementing his plan and how does it all end?
4. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
5. Describe the fight at Ducos' defensive room.
6. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
7. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
8. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
9. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
10. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)