|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Lucille turning down Frederickson's proposal?
(a) She had liked him so much when they had first met.
(b) She had flirted with him the first month he had been at her house.
(c) She had hated Sharpe when she had first met him.
(d) He had harped on matrimony as being futile.
2. With whom does Calvet meet in Naples?
(a) A priest.
(b) The local authorities.
(c) The Earl of Naples.
3. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
(a) To have Frederickson found.
(b) To file a complaint against Harper.
(c) To clear Sharpe's name.
(d) To ask for an investigator to return.
4. Where do Sharpe and the others have to go to get into Ducos' room?
(a) The attic.
(b) The room next door.
(c) The basement.
(d) The stream in the garden.
5. With what does Harper respond to Ducos' fire?
(a) He throws a knife into Ducos' chest.
(b) With his seven barrel gun.
(c) With a large rock.
(d) With his rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucille feel about Frederickson's feelings for her?
2. Into what has Ducos converted most of Napoleon's fortune?
3. For what does most of London society admire Rossendale?
4. How does Lucille feel when Sharpe leaves?
5. What is Ducos' punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
2. What is apparent when Jane sees Rossendale and how does their social circle feel about it?
3. How do the maneuvers at Ducos' estate turn out as far as Ducos' men are concerned?
4. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
5. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
6. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
7. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
8. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
9. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
10. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)