|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Lucille turning down Frederickson's proposal?
(a) She had flirted with him the first month he had been at her house.
(b) He had harped on matrimony as being futile.
(c) She had liked him so much when they had first met.
(d) She had hated Sharpe when she had first met him.
2. What does the Cardinal plan to do about Calvet?
(a) Negotiate with him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Intercept him and the money.
(d) Kill him.
3. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do?
(a) Go to France to be with Sharpe.
(b) Ask Rossendale to intervene for Sharpe.
(c) Move into a place by herself.
(d) Clean up her house.
4. What kind of repercussions follow Sharpe taking Ducos out of Naples?
(a) He has to write an apology to the Cardinal.
(c) Naples declares war on England and France.
(d) He is reprimanded.
5. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
(a) To have Frederickson found.
(b) To clear Sharpe's name.
(c) To ask for an investigator to return.
(d) To file a complaint against Harper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rossendale practicing everyday?
2. What does d'Alembord notice about Jane when he goes to see her in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Harper travel to London?
4. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
5. What happens to the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apparent when Jane sees Rossendale and how does their social circle feel about it?
2. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
3. Describe the fight at Ducos' defensive room.
4. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
5. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
6. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
7. What happens to Ducos in the Epilogue?
8. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
9. What does Calvet do while Sharpe is implementing his plan and how does it all end?
10. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)