|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calvet realize about extracting Ducos?
(a) It won't be done legally.
(b) It will be very difficult.
(c) It will be very easy.
(d) It won't be necessary.
2. For what does Ducos stand trial?
3. Who gives Ducos's address to Frederickson?
(a) An optician.
(b) A physician.
(c) A palace guard.
(d) An Imperial Guard.
4. Why does Frederickson leave Lucille's house?
(a) To face his court martial.
(b) To find Harper.
(c) To pursue Ducos.
(d) To return to London.
5. Where does Harper go when he leaves Sharpe?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To France.
(c) To Ireland.
(d) To Vienna.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does most of London society admire Rossendale?
2. How does Lucille feel when Sharpe leaves?
3. What are Rossendale's nights like for him?
4. Why does Calvet laugh when he takes the gun he holds under Sharpe's chin away?
5. What are the similarities between Jane and Sharpe's new lovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ducos in the Epilogue?
2. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
3. What is the similarity between Jane's affair and Sharpe's affair?
4. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
5. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
6. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
7. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
8. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
9. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
10. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)