|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Calvet and Sharpe decide to trust each other?
(a) They are both officers.
(b) They are both career military men.
(c) They like each other personally.
(d) They have both acted honorably during earlier confrontations.
2. Where do Ducos and his last men make a stand?
(a) In a sealed and reinforced room.
(b) On top of the front wall.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a tower behind the residence.
3. What is Ducos hoping for as he makes a last stand?
(a) Calvet will be willing to split the treasure and leave.
(b) Sharpe will be killed.
(c) The cannon will work.
(d) Help from the Cardinal.
4. What is ironic about Lucille turning down Frederickson's proposal?
(a) She had hated Sharpe when she had first met him.
(b) She had liked him so much when they had first met.
(c) She had flirted with him the first month he had been at her house.
(d) He had harped on matrimony as being futile.
5. What do Sharpe and his group have to negotiate in order to escape?
(a) A steep cliff.
(b) The city sewers.
(c) A moat.
(d) A marshy swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lucille and Sharpe feel towards each other by the end of Chapter 11?
2. What is Rossendale practicing everyday?
3. Where do Sharpe and his two friends hit Duco's main group of defenders?
4. For what does Ducos stand trial?
5. How do Sharpe and Calvet plan to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight at Ducos' defensive room.
2. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
3. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
4. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
5. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
6. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
7. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
8. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
9. How do the maneuvers at Ducos' estate turn out as far as Ducos' men are concerned?
10. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)