|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel about Lucille's estate?
(a) He hates it and wants to get home.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He admires it.
(d) He thinks it's ugly.
2. What do d'Alembord and Harper worry about concerning Jane?
(a) Jane being hurt.
(b) Sharpe's reaction.
(c) Sharpe killing Jane.
(d) Sharpe's money.
3. With whom does Calvet meet in Naples?
(a) A priest.
(b) The local authorities.
(d) The Earl of Naples.
4. What does Sharpe learn as he is recovering?
(c) How to paint in watercolors.
(d) How to keep the books on Lucille's estate.
5. What is Ducos hoping for as he makes a last stand?
(a) The cannon will work.
(b) Sharpe will be killed.
(c) Calvet will be willing to split the treasure and leave.
(d) Help from the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sharpe and his group first encounter at Ducos's estate?
2. How does d'Alembord feel when he takes his leave of Jane?
3. What does Ducos do to his forces?
4. Where does Harper go when he leaves Sharpe?
5. What is the final outcome of the battle at Ducos' villa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apparent when Jane sees Rossendale and how does their social circle feel about it?
2. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
3. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
4. What happens to Ducos in the Epilogue?
5. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
6. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
7. How do the maneuvers at Ducos' estate turn out as far as Ducos' men are concerned?
8. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
9. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
10. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)