|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper return?
2. Why do Calvet and Sharpe decide to trust each other?
(a) They are both officers.
(b) They are both career military men.
(c) They like each other personally.
(d) They have both acted honorably during earlier confrontations.
3. What is Ducos' punishment?
(a) Paying back twice what he stole.
(b) Twenty years in prison.
(c) Being shot dead.
(d) Exile from France.
4. Who do Sharpe and his group first encounter at Ducos's estate?
(a) Ducos' captain.
(b) Attack dogs.
(c) The Cardinal.
(d) Ducos' wife.
5. Why does Calvet laugh when he takes the gun he holds under Sharpe's chin away?
(a) The gun is empty.
(b) He is sadistic.
(c) He is glad he doesn't have to kill Sharp.
(d) He admires Sharpe's response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Frederickson about Lucille?
2. What type of cannon does Ducos purchase for his location?
3. What does d'Alembord notice about Jane when he goes to see her in Chapter 10?
4. How does Sharpe feel about Lucille's estate?
5. What does Sharpe seek when he leaves Lucille's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
2. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
3. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
4. What happens to Ducos in the Epilogue?
5. What is the similarity between Jane's affair and Sharpe's affair?
6. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
7. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
8. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
9. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
10. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)