|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally captures Ducos?
2. Why does Harper travel to London?
(a) To kill Jane.
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To get money for Sharpe.
(d) To meet with d'Alembord and see Jane.
3. What does Frederickson say to Lucille about Sharpe?
(a) He has a woman where ever he goes.
(b) He did not kill her brother.
(c) He is married.
(d) He has amazing luck in battle.
4. What does d'Alembord notice about how Jane feels about Sharpe?
(a) She is missing him too much.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is unconcerned about him.
(d) She is angry at him.
5. Who gives Ducos's address to Frederickson?
(a) An optician.
(b) A palace guard.
(c) An Imperial Guard.
(d) A physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe learn as he is recovering?
2. What does Ducos do to his forces?
3. What almost happens to Harper when he goes by Jane's house?
4. What is the final outcome of the battle at Ducos' villa?
5. What is ironic about Lucille turning down Frederickson's proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
2. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do, what is her response and how does he feel about that response?
3. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
4. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
5. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
6. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
7. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
8. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
9. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
10. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)