|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Frederickson about Lucille?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He left her pregnant.
(c) She married a French count.
(d) He never really got to know her.
2. What is one of the reasons that leads Sharpe to believe Jane might be leaving him?
(a) She has not written him any letters.
(b) She has sent him only a little money.
(c) She has written him but talks mostly of Rossendale.
(d) She has filed divorce papers.
3. What type of work does Ducos do for France?
(a) He is in the intelligence service.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is a general.
(d) He is one of Napoleon's advisors.
4. What is the final outcome of the battle at Ducos' villa?
(a) The English and French forces take the Cardinal hostage and leave.
(b) The English and French forces have to fight their way out.
(c) The English and French forces are arrested.
(d) The English and French forces escape.
5. What do d'Alembord and Harper worry about concerning Jane?
(a) Sharpe's money.
(b) Sharpe's reaction.
(c) Jane being hurt.
(d) Sharpe killing Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rossendale practicing everyday?
2. What does Roland send to the exiled Napoleon?
3. What does Sharpe say to Calvet when Calvet has him surrounded?
4. How do Lucille and Sharpe feel towards each other by the end of Chapter 11?
5. Where does Frederickson say he'd like to visit once his name is cleared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ducos do as a last ditch effort and why does he do it?
2. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
3. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
4. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
5. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
6. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
7. What is the similarity between Jane's affair and Sharpe's affair?
8. What does Calvet decide to do about Ducos based on local authorities' response to his request?
9. What does Calvet do while Sharpe is implementing his plan and how does it all end?
10. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)