|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the similarities between Jane and Sharpe's new lovers?
(a) They both are very wealthy.
(b) They are both well educated and rich.
(c) They are both destitute but titled.
(d) They are both French.
2. How do Lucille and Sharpe feel towards each other by the end of Chapter 11?
(a) They detest each other.
(b) They are fond of each other.
(c) They're indifferent to each other.
(d) They are irritated with each other.
3. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do?
(a) Ask Rossendale to intervene for Sharpe.
(b) Move into a place by herself.
(c) Go to France to be with Sharpe.
(d) Clean up her house.
4. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe?
(a) That Sharpe return to London.
(b) That Napoleon can clear Sharpe's name.
(c) To wait for Calvet to bring out Ducos.
(d) A joint operation.
5. What is Ducos' punishment?
(a) Being shot dead.
(b) Exile from France.
(c) Twenty years in prison.
(d) Paying back twice what he stole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper go to the Kingdom of Naples?
2. For what does most of London society admire Rossendale?
3. What does Sharpe tell Frederickson about Lucille?
4. To where do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper return?
5. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
2. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
3. Where does Ducos remain and what does he do while there?
4. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
5. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
6. Why does Harper travel to London, and what happens when he calls on Jane?
7. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
8. Where does Frederickson go to find Ducos and how does that work out?
9. How does Sharpe capture Ducos and what is the cost of that capture?
10. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)