|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille wonder about Sharpe?
(a) Why the British have arrested him.
(b) How anyone could love a man like him.
(c) How he survived the military.
(d) Whether he will marry her.
2. What does Sharpe seek when he leaves Lucille's estate?
(c) Restoring his honor.
(d) A better physician.
3. Who finally captures Ducos?
4. What does Sharpe say to Calvet when Calvet has him surrounded?
(a) He admires his military skill.
(b) He will tell him where Ducos is living.
(c) He won't help him.
(d) He should have killed him at Toulouse.
5. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
(a) By killing the Cardinal.
(b) By force.
(c) By scaring Ducos into handing it over.
(d) By stealing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ducos hoping for as he makes a last stand?
2. What is Ducos doing with Napoleon's old uniforms?
3. What type of work does Ducos do for France?
4. Why does Frederickson leave Lucille's house?
5. What kind of repercussions follow Sharpe taking Ducos out of Naples?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
2. How does Sharpe feel about his affair with Lucille in view of his marriage to Jane?
3. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
4. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
5. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
6. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
7. How does Frederickson feel about Lucille, what does Sharpe suggest and what happens when he follows Sharpe's suggestion?
8. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
9. How do the maneuvers at Ducos' estate turn out as far as Ducos' men are concerned?
10. What does d'Alembord do in London as far as Jane is concerned in Chapter 10? How does Jane appear to him?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)