|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frederickson say he'd like to visit once his name is cleared?
2. What does Lucille do when Frederickson proposes marriage?
(a) Says nothing.
(b) Says she will think about it.
(c) Gently says no.
(d) Says yes.
3. What does Lucille tell her doctor about her state of being?
(a) She has a hard time walking.
(b) She has hurt her back.
(c) She is terribly depressed.
(d) She is carrying Sharpe's child.
4. In what season does Sharpe stay at Lucille's while recuperating?
5. What does d'Alembord notice about how Jane feels about Sharpe?
(a) She is unconcerned about him.
(b) She is missing him too much.
(c) She is angry at him.
(d) She hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducos use to fire at the force chopping into his room?
2. For what does Ducos stand trial?
3. What type of work does Ducos do for France?
4. Why is Lucille's gun so effective?
5. What does Ducos do to his forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruins Sharpe and Frederickson's friendship and what does Sharpe do at the end of the book?
2. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
3. What does Frederickson do about Lucille and her opinion of Sharpe? What do he and Harper do while Sharpe is recovering and how does Sharpe feel about where he is? What does Lucille think of Sharpe?
4. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
5. How does Sharpe capture Ducos and what is the cost of that capture?
6. What does Sharpe do when Frederickson sends for him and what does Lucille reveal to her doctor and friends?
7. What does Calvet do while Sharpe is implementing his plan and how does it all end?
8. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
9. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
10. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)