|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fishermen in the waters beneath Sharpe heaving over their boats?
(a) Lobster pots.
(b) Fish nets.
(c) Red floats.
(d) Lines off of fishing poles.
2. What is the month and year in which this book begins?
(a) September, 1814.
(b) February, 1819.
(c) May, 1815.
(d) March, 1814.
3. Where does Ducos go in Chapter 9?
4. What type of boots does Sharpe wear with his uniform?
(a) Brown, steel toed boots.
(c) Ankle length riding boots.
(d) Knee high riding boots.
5. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
(a) He is sentimental about it.
(b) He left his other set at home.
(c) He is superstitious about it.
(d) He can't afford another one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the British getting ready to do at the beginning of this book?
2. From where did Sharpe get his uniform pants?
3. Where is Henri stationed at the end of the war?
4. How much of Sharpe's money has Jane withdrawn?
5. Who does Lucille decide is responsible for what happens to Henri and her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
2. What does the man Napoleon enlists for help actually do and why?
3. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
4. What does Henri do with his sister, Lucille?
5. What does Peter d'Alembord do with Shape and his companions?
6. With whom does Sharpe duel and why?
7. How does Sharpe respond to Jane's demands in the Prologue?
8. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
9. What does Henri Lassan do after the war?
10. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)