Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is thinning the ranks of the British forces in Chapter 4?
(a) Too many casualties.
(b) Many desertions.
(c) Too many injuries.
(d) They send most of them to America.
2. How would Lucille be described?
(a) Attractive and vivacious.
(b) Plain but nice.
(d) Shy and retiring.
3. What is the name of the Royal battleship that is in the harbor of St. Jean de Luz?
(a) British Pride.
(c) Hearty Heart.
4. What does Lassan want to do with his life?
(a) Marry his childhood sweetheart.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Move to Paris.
(d) Retire to his hunting lodge.
5. What color is Sharpe's uniform jacket?
(a) Faded green.
(b) Bright Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harper arrive at the dueling site?
2. Why does Lucille draw a pistol on Sharpe and Frederickson?
3. What is Harper thinking about as they travel to Bordeaux?
4. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide they should do about the charges against them?
5. With what is the port of St. Jean de Luz filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
2. What does Frederickson do when he leaves the Lassan estate, what does Sharpe do after he leaves? What happens between Sharpe and Lucille?
3. What do the three friends discuss in Chapter 1 and for what does Fredrickson ridicule Sharpe and the other friend?
4. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
5. How do Calvet and Sharpe plan to avoid the Cardinal's men?
6. Who writes Sharpe and what information is in the letter he receives in Chapter 4?
7. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
8. How does Sharpe solve the dilemma of the Cardinal's men around them?
9. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
10. What does Calvet do while Sharpe is implementing his plan and how does it all end?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)