|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane want Sharpe to do at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Go to Africa.
(b) Return to England.
(c) Transfer to the navy under her uncle.
(d) Move to America.
2. Why doesn't Jane want Sharpe to fight the duel at the beginning of the book?
(a) Sharpe is a poor shot with pistols.
(b) She likes Bampfylde.
(c) Bampfylde is her uncle.
(d) It is illegal and he could be killed.
3. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
(a) The Spainish are invading France and England.
(b) Britain wants to add France to its Empire.
(c) The Moors have invaded France.
(d) Napoleon refuses the peace terms.
4. How does Sharpe feel before his duel with Bampfylde?
5. What is the situation in Bordeaux when the three friends arrive there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Harper?
2. How much money does Sharpe have in the bank in London?
3. Where does Ducos go in Chapter 9?
4. Where are Sharpe and Harper standing at the opening of the novel?
5. What does Lassan want to do with his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the assault of Nairn's troops end?
2. What does Sharpe and his friends do after the battle of Toulouse?
3. What does Soult do with Toulouse following the British assault?
4. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
5. What does Henri do with his sister, Lucille?
6. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
7. In the opening of Chapter 4, what is happening with the British troops following the abdication of Napoleon?
8. What does the man Napoleon enlists for help actually do and why?
9. Who leads the Nairn men into battle and what does he realize?
10. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)