|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Lucille be described?
(a) Shy and retiring.
(b) Attractive and vivacious.
(c) Plain but nice.
2. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
(c) Flustered and argumentative.
3. Why is Lassan demoralized?
(a) His lack of children.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) His military failure.
4. What is the month and year in which this book begins?
(a) May, 1815.
(b) March, 1814.
(c) September, 1814.
(d) February, 1819.
5. Why is a duel called "grass before breakfast?"
(a) You throw a piece of grass to see how the wind blows before a duel.
(b) One person may end up six feet under the grass.
(c) Duels are never fought at night in mud.
(d) They are fought at dawn usually on a lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harper arrive at the dueling site?
2. What are the British getting ready to do at the beginning of this book?
3. What nationality is Harper?
4. What does Jane want Sharpe to do at the beginning of the novel?
5. What does Bampfylde do the night before his duel with Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
2. What does Peter d'Alembord do with Shape and his companions?
3. Describe Henri Lassan's sister.
4. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
5. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
6. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
7. What does Lassan's mother want him to do and how does he feel about it?
8. With whom does Sharpe duel and why?
9. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
10. What do the British at Toulouse learn after the battle about Napoleon?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)