|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sharpe, Harper and Frederickson celebrate the event in question # 47?
(a) Go out for a fancy dinner.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Quit the military.
(d) Play cards all night.
2. What does Sharpe believe about his incredible luck in battle?
(a) It is due to his skill.
(b) It is the result of his faith.
(c) It cam't last.
(d) It comes from the rabbit's foot he wore.
3. Who do Sharpe and Frederickson meet near Bordeaux's gates?
(a) General Nurenberg.
(b) Captain Peter d'Alembord.
(c) Sergeant Harper.
(d) Sergeant Challon.
4. What is Sharpe's position with Nairn's company?
(b) Military Strategy Adviser.
(c) Platoon Leader.
(d) Chief of Staff.
5. What do Sharpe and his friends plan to do in Bordeaux?
(a) Board a ship.
(b) Go to the market square.
(c) Get a room in the tavern.
(d) Find a wife for Frederickson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harper thinking about as they travel to Bordeaux?
2. Why do Nairn's forces voluntarily reposition themselves when fighting at Toulouse?
3. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's status after being detained?
4. What do Henri and Lucille do often when together?
5. Where is Sharpe ordered to go after the Battle of Toulouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has set up the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson and what do the British authorities know?
2. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
3. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
4. What does Calvet decide to do about Ducos based on local authorities' response to his request?
5. What orders do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper receive?
6. Why did Lucille's gun wound Sharpe so badly and what is involved for him because of that?
7. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate while the French are firing on it?
8. Who writes Sharpe and what information is in the letter he receives in Chapter 4?
9. What does Soult do with Toulouse following the British assault?
10. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)