|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lassan want to do with his life?
(a) Marry his childhood sweetheart.
(b) Move to Paris.
(c) Retire to his hunting lodge.
(d) Become a priest.
2. With what does Sharpe patch his uniform pants?
(a) Black tar paper.
(b) Brown homespun.
(c) White wool.
3. Who has arranged the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson?
4. What does Sharpe give Jane before she leaves for England?
(a) An expensive necklace.
(b) Power of attorney.
(c) A new wedding band.
(d) The deed to his house.
5. What does Napoleon do right before the Battle of Toulouse?
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Runs away to an island in the Mediterranean.
(d) Flees to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel before his duel with Bampfylde?
2. What company does Harper join in Chapter 1?
3. What does Jane believe would happen if Sharpe accepts his accolades?
4. What are the fishermen in the waters beneath Sharpe heaving over their boats?
5. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
2. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
3. What do the British at Toulouse learn after the battle about Napoleon?
4. How does the assault of Nairn's troops end?
5. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
6. What does the man Napoleon enlists for help actually do and why?
7. With whom does Sharpe duel and why?
8. What does Sharpe and his friends do after the battle of Toulouse?
9. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
10. What does Henri Lassan do after the war?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)