|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fishermen in the waters beneath Sharpe heaving over their boats?
(a) Fish nets.
(b) Lobster pots.
(c) Lines off of fishing poles.
(d) Red floats.
2. What does Henri Lassan do after the war ends?
(a) Becomes a priest.
(b) Opens a law firm.
(d) Returns home.
3. Where does Sharpe obtain his fortune over which he gives Jane power?
(a) The battle of Vitoria.
(b) It was given to him as part of his knighting.
(c) The Battle of Toulouse.
(d) He inherited it.
4. What does Sharpe ask of the man in question #86?
(a) To go with him to Teste de Buch.
(b) To find Henri Lassan.
(c) To find Ducos.
(d) To send word to his wife.
5. Why is Lassan demoralized?
(a) His lack of children.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) His military failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe expect will happen when he is shipped out?
2. What does Sharpe want Sargeant Harper to have of his in the event of his death?
3. What is Sharpe's position with Nairn's company?
4. Where is Sharpe ordered to go after the Battle of Toulouse?
5. How does Sharpe feel before his duel with Bampfylde?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the assault of Nairn's troops end?
2. To whom does Roland send Lucille's letter and what is his response?
3. With whom does Sharpe duel and why?
4. What does Calvet do in Naples first?
5. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe and his group and why? What do they do after agreeing on a plan?
6. What do the three friends discuss in Chapter 1 and for what does Fredrickson ridicule Sharpe and the other friend?
7. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
8. What orders do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper receive?
9. What does Lassan's mother want him to do and how does he feel about it?
10. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)