|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
(a) Flustered and argumentative.
2. What do Henri and Lucille do often when together?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Entertain their mother.
(c) Hold seances.
(d) Try to figure out their future.
3. What happens to Sharpe when Lucille draws a pistol on him?
(a) He is shot at but missed.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He is shot.
4. Where does Fredrickson take shelter from the wind in the opening of the novel?
(a) In the lee of some stunted pine trees.
(b) Under a tall, broad oak tree.
(c) Behind a large boulder.
(d) In a small lodge.
5. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
(b) War Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Sharpe and Frederickson with their plan?
2. What is Harper thinking about as they travel to Bordeaux?
3. At what age does Sharpe join the military?
4. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide they should do about the charges against them?
5. What does Napoleon do right before the Battle of Toulouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
2. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
3. Who leads the Nairn men into battle and what does he realize?
4. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
5. In the opening of Chapter 4, what is happening with the British troops following the abdication of Napoleon?
6. Who has set up the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson and what do the British authorities know?
7. What do the British at Toulouse learn after the battle about Napoleon?
8. Describe Henri Lassan's sister.
9. How does Sharpe respond to Jane's demands in the Prologue?
10. With whom does Sharpe duel and why?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)