|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sharpe when Lucille draws a pistol on him?
(a) He is shot.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He is shot at but missed.
2. Where is Sharpe ordered to go after the Battle of Toulouse?
3. What do Fredrickson's men call him in affection?
(a) Sweet William.
(b) One-eyed Willie.
(c) Bear head.
(d) Junk yard dog.
4. What does Lassan's mother demand he do?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Join the parliament.
(d) Take care of her.
5. What fortress do Sharpe and Frederickson capture?
(a) The Loudese d' Capelle.
(b) Palace de Hildia.
(c) La Flantaine.
(d) Teste de Buch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane interrogated by British officials?
2. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's status after being detained?
3. What is thinning the ranks of the British forces in Chapter 4?
4. With whom does Jane begin to associate in London?
5. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
2. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
3. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
4. What does Henri Lassan do after the war?
5. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
6. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
7. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
8. What does Henri do with his sister, Lucille?
9. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
10. What are the British organizing to do in the beginning of this book and what has occurred in their military campaign that motivates this?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)