|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the Prologue for what is Sharpe preparing?
(a) His brother's wedding.
(b) His wife having a baby.
(c) His death.
(d) A battle with the French.
2. Who helps Sharpe and Frederickson with their plan?
(b) No one.
(c) Captain Calvert.
3. What does Sharpe believe about his incredible luck in battle?
(a) It is due to his skill.
(b) It is the result of his faith.
(c) It comes from the rabbit's foot he wore.
(d) It cam't last.
4. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
(b) Flustered and argumentative.
5. What type of weapon does Bampfylde chose for his duel with Sharpe?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
2. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
3. How do British authorities feel about the person who arranged the charges against Sharp and Frederickson?
4. How much of Sharpe's money has Jane withdrawn?
5. What does Henri Lassan do after the war ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
2. Describe Henri Lassan's sister.
3. What does Sharpe and his friends do after the battle of Toulouse?
4. What does Soult do with Toulouse following the British assault?
5. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
6. What orders do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper receive?
7. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
8. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
9. How does Sharpe respond to Jane's demands in the Prologue?
10. What happens as Sharpe and the others are about to board a ship in Bordeaux?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)