|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri Lassan do after the war ends?
(a) Opens a law firm.
(c) Becomes a priest.
(d) Returns home.
2. What does Sharpe ask of the man in question #86?
(a) To find Henri Lassan.
(b) To send word to his wife.
(c) To go with him to Teste de Buch.
(d) To find Ducos.
3. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
(c) War Lord.
4. Chapter 6 recounts the lengthy history of Henri Lassan's progenitors and their role in overseeing Château Lassan. Based on the previous sentence, what might progenitors mean?
(b) People involved with one's grandparents.
(c) A group of servants.
(d) Estate managers.
5. What are the British getting ready to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Surround Paris.
(b) Accept terms from Spain.
(c) Invade Toulouse.
(d) Invade the African coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe want Sargeant Harper to have of his in the event of his death?
2. What do Henri and Lucille do often when together?
3. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's status after being detained?
4. What is the situation in Bordeaux when the three friends arrive there?
5. What is the name of the Royal battleship that is in the harbor of St. Jean de Luz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
2. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
3. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
4. How does Sharpe respond to Jane's demands in the Prologue?
5. What does Lassan's mother want him to do and how does he feel about it?
6. What do the three friends discuss in Chapter 1 and for what does Fredrickson ridicule Sharpe and the other friend?
7. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
8. Describe Henri Lassan's sister.
9. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
10. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)