|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Sharpe have in the bank in London?
(a) Four thousand guineas.
(b) Eighteen thousand guineas.
(c) A hundred pounds.
(d) Ten thousand guineas.
2. How does Sharpe feel before his duel with Bampfylde?
3. How do Sharpe and Frederickson enter the Château Lassan?
(a) The office window.
(b) An upstairs balcony.
(c) The back door into the kitchen.
(d) Through the front door.
4. What do Sharpe and Frederickson say about the charges?
(a) They say they returned all of it.
(b) They say it was Ducos.
(c) They don't say anything.
(d) They deny them.
5. What do Henri and Lucille do often when together?
(a) Try to figure out their future.
(b) Hold seances.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Entertain their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the voluntary repositioning of Nairn's forces?
2. How does Harper arrive at the dueling site?
3. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
4. How do Sharpe, Harper and Frederickson celebrate the event in question # 47?
5. Where are Sharpe and Harper standing at the opening of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper receive?
2. What does Lassan's mother want him to do and how does he feel about it?
3. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
4. Who writes Sharpe and what information is in the letter he receives in Chapter 4?
5. What happens as Sharpe and the others are about to board a ship in Bordeaux?
6. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
7. In the opening of Chapter 4, what is happening with the British troops following the abdication of Napoleon?
8. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
9. What do the British at Toulouse learn after the battle about Napoleon?
10. What does Henri do with his sister, Lucille?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)