|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sharpe, Frederickson and Harper go when they leave Bordeaux?
2. How does Frederickson act after being told the charges?
3. What do Sharpe and his friends plan to do in Bordeaux?
(a) Board a ship.
(b) Get a room in the tavern.
(c) Find a wife for Frederickson.
(d) Go to the market square.
4. Who helps Sharpe and Frederickson with their plan?
(a) Captain Calvert.
(b) No one.
5. Why is Lassan demoralized?
(a) His lack of children.
(b) His wife's death.
(c) His military failure.
(d) His father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fredrickson take shelter from the wind in the opening of the novel?
2. Why does Lucille draw a pistol on Sharpe and Frederickson?
3. Why are Sharpe and Frederickson detained?
4. At what does Frederickson scoff concerning Sharpe's and Harper's lives?
5. What color is Sharpe's uniform jacket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man Napoleon enlists for help actually do and why?
2. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
3. What are the British organizing to do in the beginning of this book and what has occurred in their military campaign that motivates this?
4. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
5. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
6. What happens as Sharpe and the others are about to board a ship in Bordeaux?
7. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
8. What orders do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper receive?
9. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
10. What do the three friends discuss in Chapter 1 and for what does Fredrickson ridicule Sharpe and the other friend?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)