|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sharpe, Frederickson and Harper go when they leave Bordeaux?
2. Where is Henri stationed at the end of the war?
(b) Chetae de Huliant.
(c) Teste de Buch.
3. What does Sharpe believe Jane is doing with his money?
(a) Trying a new investment.
(b) Buying him a surprise.
(c) Spending it on a lover.
(d) Supporting her family.
4. What help does the person in question #82 give Sharpe and Frederickson?
(a) Writes the lawyer in London.
(b) Gets the guards drunk.
(c) Takes a counter charge to the clerk of the court.
(d) Obtains horses for a trip.
5. What do Sharpe and Frederickson say about the charges?
(a) They deny them.
(b) They say they returned all of it.
(c) They say it was Ducos.
(d) They don't say anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharpe obtain his fortune over which he gives Jane power?
2. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
3. What happens to Sharpe when Lucille draws a pistol on him?
4. What are the fishermen in the waters beneath Sharpe heaving over their boats?
5. What main types of French people are wandering Bordeaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lassan's mother want him to do and how does he feel about it?
2. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
3. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
4. Who has set up the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson and what do the British authorities know?
5. What does the man Napoleon enlists for help actually do and why?
6. How does Sharpe respond to Jane's demands in the Prologue?
7. Describe Henri Lassan's sister.
8. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
9. Who leads the Nairn men into battle and what does he realize?
10. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)