|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of celebration does Henri have in Chapter 8?
(a) The opening of his law firm.
(b) Entrance to the priesthood.
(c) Betrothal celebration.
(d) His fortieth birthday.
2. What does Sharpe expect will happen when he is shipped out?
(a) He will be put in a new unit.
(b) He will be promoted.
(c) He will be mustered out.
(d) He will go home.
3. Of what are Sharpe and Frederickson accused?
(a) Faking a supply requisition.
(b) Killing the Prince of Orange.
(c) Stealing a fortune.
(d) Disobeying an order.
4. How much money does Sharpe have in the bank in London?
(a) Eighteen thousand guineas.
(b) Four thousand guineas.
(c) A hundred pounds.
(d) Ten thousand guineas.
5. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
(a) He wants to move to America.
(b) He is angry at his wife.
(c) He thinks his officers are stealing from him.
(d) He fears he may lose the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe want Sargeant Harper to have of his in the event of his death?
2. Why is a duel called "grass before breakfast?"
3. What does Jane want Sharpe to do at the beginning of the novel?
4. At what does Frederickson scoff concerning Sharpe's and Harper's lives?
5. With whom does Jane begin to associate in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Sharpe and the others are about to board a ship in Bordeaux?
2. What do the three friends discuss in Chapter 1 and for what does Fredrickson ridicule Sharpe and the other friend?
3. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
4. What does Soult do with Toulouse following the British assault?
5. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
6. What does Henri do with his sister, Lucille?
7. What are the British organizing to do in the beginning of this book and what has occurred in their military campaign that motivates this?
8. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
9. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
10. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)