|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
(a) He wants to move to America.
(b) He is angry at his wife.
(c) He fears he may lose the war.
(d) He thinks his officers are stealing from him.
2. What does Sharpe ask of the man in question #86?
(a) To go with him to Teste de Buch.
(b) To send word to his wife.
(c) To find Henri Lassan.
(d) To find Ducos.
3. What does Sharpe give Jane before she leaves for England?
(a) The deed to his house.
(b) An expensive necklace.
(c) Power of attorney.
(d) A new wedding band.
4. Chapter 6 recounts the lengthy history of Henri Lassan's progenitors and their role in overseeing Château Lassan. Based on the previous sentence, what might progenitors mean?
(a) A group of servants.
(b) People involved with one's grandparents.
(d) Estate managers.
5. What does Sharpe receive from his financial agent as he is on the way to Bordeaux?
(a) A cable.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
2. What does Sharpe believe Jane is doing with his money?
3. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
4. Where does Sharpe obtain his fortune over which he gives Jane power?
5. How do British authorities feel about the person who arranged the charges against Sharp and Frederickson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Toulouse and who commands it?
2. Who has set up the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson and what do the British authorities know?
3. What does Henri Lassan do after the war?
4. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
5. How does Sharpe respond to Jane's demands in the Prologue?
6. What does Sharpe and his friends do after the battle of Toulouse?
7. What does Napoleon do when he is worried about failure and who does he use to help him?
8. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
9. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
10. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)