|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation in Bordeaux when the three friends arrive there?
2. Where are Sharpe and Harper standing at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the forest.
(b) On a sandy beach.
(c) On the deck of a ship.
(d) On a hill overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
3. Where is Sharpe ordered to go after the Battle of Toulouse?
4. Under what rule is Bordeaux when Sharpe and Frederickson are there?
(a) A French mayor.
(b) Military justice.
(c) There is no ruling authority.
(d) A British governor.
5. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
(a) Flustered and argumentative.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Sharpe join the military?
2. How would Lucille be described?
3. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
4. How does Ducos plan to get even with Sharpe?
5. What nationality is Harper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter d'Alembord do with Shape and his companions?
2. What is Jane doing in London while Sharpe is still in France? What happens to her because of this?
3. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
4. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
5. Who writes Sharpe and what information is in the letter he receives in Chapter 4?
6. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
7. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
8. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
9. In the opening of Chapter 4, what is happening with the British troops following the abdication of Napoleon?
10. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)