|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucille draw a pistol on Sharpe and Frederickson?
(a) She thinks they killed Henri.
(b) She thinks they're brigands.
(c) She thinks they are going to rape her.
(d) She can't see them in the dark.
2. What happens to Sharpe when Lucille draws a pistol on him?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He is shot.
(d) He is shot at but missed.
3. Who has arranged the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson?
4. What help does the person in question #82 give Sharpe and Frederickson?
(a) Takes a counter charge to the clerk of the court.
(b) Writes the lawyer in London.
(c) Obtains horses for a trip.
(d) Gets the guards drunk.
5. Where is Henri stationed at the end of the war?
(c) Teste de Buch.
(d) Chetae de Huliant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Harper?
2. Where are Sharpe and Harper standing at the opening of the novel?
3. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
4. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
5. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Soult do with Toulouse following the British assault?
2. What are the British organizing to do in the beginning of this book and what has occurred in their military campaign that motivates this?
3. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
4. What does Sharpe and his friends do after the battle of Toulouse?
5. What does Jane demand of Sharpe in the Prologue?
6. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
7. What do the three friends discuss in Chapter 1 and for what does Fredrickson ridicule Sharpe and the other friend?
8. With whom does Sharpe duel and why?
9. Describe Henri Lassan's sister.
10. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)