|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sharpe and Frederickson say about the charges?
(a) They don't say anything.
(b) They say it was Ducos.
(c) They deny them.
(d) They say they returned all of it.
2. Who helps Sharpe and Frederickson with their plan?
(a) Captain Calvert.
(d) No one.
3. How does Frederickson act after being told the charges?
4. Under what rule is Bordeaux when Sharpe and Frederickson are there?
(a) A French mayor.
(b) There is no ruling authority.
(c) A British governor.
(d) Military justice.
5. What type of boots does Sharpe wear with his uniform?
(a) Ankle length riding boots.
(b) Knee high riding boots.
(c) Brown, steel toed boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the Prologue for what is Sharpe preparing?
2. What does Henri Lassan do after the war ends?
3. What is the name of the Royal battleship that is in the harbor of St. Jean de Luz?
4. Why is a duel called "grass before breakfast?"
5. How much money does Sharpe have in the bank in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lassan's mother want him to do and how does he feel about it?
2. What happens as Sharpe and the others are about to board a ship in Bordeaux?
3. Where do Nairn's troops participate in the battle at Toulouse and why and where do they then move?
4. What do Sharpe and his companions do when they leave Bordeaux?
5. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
6. Who writes Sharpe and what information is in the letter he receives in Chapter 4?
7. What does Henri Lassan do after the war?
8. What does Soult do with Toulouse following the British assault?
9. What type of situation does Sharpe's group find at Bordeaux?
10. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)