|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lassan want to do with his life?
(a) Marry his childhood sweetheart.
(b) Move to Paris.
(c) Retire to his hunting lodge.
(d) Become a priest.
2. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
(a) He can't afford another one.
(b) He left his other set at home.
(c) He is sentimental about it.
(d) He is superstitious about it.
3. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
(a) It is very important to her.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She doesn't believe in war.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. How do Sharpe, Harper and Frederickson celebrate the event in question # 47?
(a) Quit the military.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Play cards all night.
(d) Go out for a fancy dinner.
5. What is Sharpe's position with Nairn's company?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(c) Platoon Leader.
(d) Military Strategy Adviser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lassan demoralized?
2. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
3. What nationality is Harper?
4. What color is Sharpe's uniform jacket?
5. At the beginning of the Prologue for what is Sharpe preparing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe's and Frederickson's plan for leaving Bordeaux?
2. Of what does Part I in this novel consist and what does Part I serve to do in the novel's narrative arc?
3. What does Henri do with his sister, Lucille?
4. What do Sharpe and Frederickson find at the guard post in Bordeaux?
5. What does Sharpe and his friends do after the battle of Toulouse?
6. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide to do and how does Harper help?
7. What orders do Sharpe, Frederickson, and Harper receive?
8. How does the assault of Nairn's troops end?
9. To what company is Frederickson attached, what is Sharpe's position in that company and who else of Sharpe's acquaintance joins the company? What event does this enable?
10. What does Henri Lassan do after the war?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)