|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harper go when he leaves Sharpe?
(a) To France.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Ireland.
(d) To Vienna.
2. What do Sharpe and his group have to negotiate in order to escape?
(a) A steep cliff.
(b) The city sewers.
(c) A moat.
(d) A marshy swamp.
3. What does Sharpe seek when he leaves Lucille's estate?
(a) Restoring his honor.
(b) A better physician.
4. What do Sharpe and his group do at Ducos' estate?
(a) Sneak into the perimeter.
(b) Take down the gate.
(c) Set it on fire.
(d) Raze it with cannon fire.
5. What type of behavior is Ducos beginning to exhibit?
(a) Indifferent to the world.
(d) Paranoid and eccentric.
6. What have the Neapolitan forces done while Sharpe and the others capture Ducos?
(a) Blasted out the attic.
(b) Blasted out the basement.
(c) Surrounded the villa.
(d) Set fire to the villa.
7. Who finally captures Ducos?
8. What are Rossendale's nights like for him?
(a) Restful and calm.
(c) Being drunk every night.
(d) Wonderful with Jane as his lover.
9. What happens between Frederickson and Sharpe?
(a) Frederickson is coming to Sharpe's wedding.
(b) Frederickson wants to stay friends.
(c) Frederickson challenges Sharpe to a duel.
(d) They break off their friendship.
10. What does Calvet suggest to Sharpe?
(a) A joint operation.
(b) That Sharpe return to London.
(c) To wait for Calvet to bring out Ducos.
(d) That Napoleon can clear Sharpe's name.
11. For what does most of London society admire Rossendale?
(a) For his connections.
(b) For his bravery in being with Jane.
(c) For his education.
(d) For being handsome and charming.
12. What is Ducos' punishment?
(a) Exile from France.
(b) Paying back twice what he stole.
(c) Twenty years in prison.
(d) Being shot dead.
13. What does Roland send to the exiled Napoleon?
(a) A dropping of the charges against Sharpe.
(b) Ducos' location.
(c) Sharpe's location.
(d) The letter from Lucille.
14. How do Lucille and Sharpe feel towards each other by the end of Chapter 11?
(a) They are irritated with each other.
(b) They're indifferent to each other.
(c) They detest each other.
(d) They are fond of each other.
15. With what does Harper respond to Ducos' fire?
(a) With his rifle.
(b) With his seven barrel gun.
(c) He throws a knife into Ducos' chest.
(d) With a large rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sharpe and the others have to go to get into Ducos' room?
2. Where does Frederickson go to find out information about Ducos?
3. Where does Ducos remain in Chapter 12?
4. What do Ducos's defensive preparations at his location say?
5. What is one of the reasons that leads Sharpe to believe Jane might be leaving him?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)