|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ducos' punishment?
(a) Being shot dead.
(b) Paying back twice what he stole.
(c) Twenty years in prison.
(d) Exile from France.
2. What do Ducos's defensive preparations at his location say?
(a) He does not feel any danger.
(b) He is protecting the Cardinal.
(c) He knows how competent Sharpe is.
(d) He likes to be prepared.
3. What is the final outcome of the battle at Ducos' villa?
(a) The English and French forces take the Cardinal hostage and leave.
(b) The English and French forces escape.
(c) The English and French forces have to fight their way out.
(d) The English and French forces are arrested.
4. What does the Cardinal plan to do about Calvet?
(a) Intercept him and the money.
(b) Negotiate with him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Kill him.
5. What does d'Alembord notice about how Jane feels about Sharpe?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is angry at him.
(c) She is unconcerned about him.
(d) She is missing him too much.
6. What have the Neapolitan forces done while Sharpe and the others capture Ducos?
(a) Blasted out the basement.
(b) Blasted out the attic.
(c) Surrounded the villa.
(d) Set fire to the villa.
7. Where does Frederickson go to find out information about Ducos?
8. Who do Sharpe and his group first encounter at Ducos's estate?
(a) Ducos' captain.
(b) Attack dogs.
(c) The Cardinal.
(d) Ducos' wife.
9. What type of behavior is Ducos beginning to exhibit?
(a) Indifferent to the world.
(b) Paranoid and eccentric.
10. What does d'Alembord urge Jane to do?
(a) Ask Rossendale to intervene for Sharpe.
(b) Clean up her house.
(c) Move into a place by herself.
(d) Go to France to be with Sharpe.
11. What almost happens to Harper when he goes by Jane's house?
(a) Jane slaps him.
(b) He is nearly trampled under by Rossendale's horses.
(c) Jane almost shoots him.
(d) Rossendale almost shoots him.
12. How does Calvet plan to recover Napoleon's money?
(a) By scaring Ducos into handing it over.
(b) By force.
(c) By killing the Cardinal.
(d) By stealing it.
13. For what does Ducos stand trial?
14. How does Lucille feel when Sharpe leaves?
(c) Sad and wistful.
15. With whom does Calvet meet in Naples?
(a) A priest.
(b) The local authorities.
(d) The Earl of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Napoleon send Calvet to the Kingdom of Naples?
2. In what season does Sharpe stay at Lucille's while recuperating?
3. What do d'Alembord and Harper worry about concerning Jane?
4. What does d'Alembord notice about Jane when he goes to see her in Chapter 10?
5. What do Sharpe and his group have to negotiate in order to escape?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)