|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe give Jane before she leaves for England?
(a) Power of attorney.
(b) A new wedding band.
(c) The deed to his house.
(d) An expensive necklace.
2. What does Bampfylde do the night before his duel with Sharpe?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Gets married.
(d) Quits the military.
3. Why do Nairn's forces voluntarily reposition themselves when fighting at Toulouse?
(a) To help in an organized retreat.
(b) To assault a central strong point in the line.
(c) To save Sharpe's forces.
(d) To take down the Imperial Guard.
4. With what does Sharpe patch his uniform pants?
(a) White wool.
(c) Brown homespun.
(d) Black tar paper.
5. Where does Fredrickson take shelter from the wind in the opening of the novel?
(a) Behind a large boulder.
(b) In the lee of some stunted pine trees.
(c) Under a tall, broad oak tree.
(d) In a small lodge.
6. What type of boots does Sharpe wear with his uniform?
(a) Brown, steel toed boots.
(b) Knee high riding boots.
(d) Ankle length riding boots.
7. Where do Sharpe, Frederickson and Harper go when they leave Bordeaux?
8. With what is the port of St. Jean de Luz filled?
(a) Pods of dolphins.
(b) French battleships.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Merchant ships and fishing boats.
9. How would Lucille be described?
(a) Plain but nice.
(b) Attractive and vivacious.
(c) Shy and retiring.
10. Who has arranged the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson?
11. What does Sharpe want Sargeant Harper to have of his in the event of his death?
(a) His uniform.
(b) His weapons.
(c) His horse.
(d) His pocket watch.
12. By what other designation is Henri's sister Lucille known?
(a) Lucille d'Lassan.
(b) The Lassan matriarch.
(c) Lucille Castineau d'Ambler.
(d) The widow Castineau.
13. From where did Sharpe get his uniform pants?
(a) His wife, for his birthday.
(b) A colonel of Napoleon's Imperial guard.
(c) The military issued them.
(d) His mother bought them.
14. What does Henri Lassan do after the war ends?
(a) Becomes a priest.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Opens a law firm.
15. At the beginning of the Prologue for what is Sharpe preparing?
(a) His brother's wedding.
(b) His death.
(c) His wife having a baby.
(d) A battle with the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sharpe and Frederickson meet near Bordeaux's gates?
2. Where does Ducos go in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Fredrickson lose an eye?
4. With whom does Jane begin to associate in London?
5. What is the name of the Royal battleship that is in the harbor of St. Jean de Luz?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)