|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
(a) The Spainish are invading France and England.
(b) The Moors have invaded France.
(c) Napoleon refuses the peace terms.
(d) Britain wants to add France to its Empire.
2. At the beginning of the Prologue for what is Sharpe preparing?
(a) His wife having a baby.
(b) A battle with the French.
(c) His death.
(d) His brother's wedding.
3. What does Sharpe believe Jane is doing with his money?
(a) Trying a new investment.
(b) Spending it on a lover.
(c) Supporting her family.
(d) Buying him a surprise.
4. Of what are Sharpe and Frederickson accused?
(a) Disobeying an order.
(b) Faking a supply requisition.
(c) Killing the Prince of Orange.
(d) Stealing a fortune.
5. At what does Frederickson scoff concerning Sharpe's and Harper's lives?
(a) Claiming they will kill Napoleon.
(b) Claiming to be the best soldiers in the British military.
(c) Claiming they are happily married.
(d) Saying Frederickson is the best leader in the unit.
6. What color is Sharpe's uniform jacket?
(b) Bright Red.
(d) Faded green.
7. Why doesn't Jane want Sharpe to fight the duel at the beginning of the book?
(a) Sharpe is a poor shot with pistols.
(b) Bampfylde is her uncle.
(c) It is illegal and he could be killed.
(d) She likes Bampfylde.
8. What is the name of the Royal battleship that is in the harbor of St. Jean de Luz?
(c) Hearty Heart.
(d) British Pride.
9. What is Harper thinking about as they travel to Bordeaux?
(a) How he is going to stay near Sharpe.
(b) Where his brother is in France.
(c) What his wife is doing.
(d) How to get out of the army.
10. What happens to Sharpe when Lucille draws a pistol on him?
(a) He is shot at but missed.
(b) He trips and falls.
(d) He is shot.
11. What kind of celebration does Henri have in Chapter 8?
(a) His fortieth birthday.
(b) Entrance to the priesthood.
(c) The opening of his law firm.
(d) Betrothal celebration.
12. How would Lucille be described?
(a) Shy and retiring.
(b) Attractive and vivacious.
(c) Plain but nice.
13. Who has arranged the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson?
14. What does Sharpe receive from his financial agent as he is on the way to Bordeaux?
(a) A letter.
(b) A cable.
(c) A package.
(d) A telegram.
15. Why is Lassan demoralized?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His lack of children.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) His military failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the British getting ready to do at the beginning of this book?
2. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
3. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
4. What does Napoleon do right before the Battle of Toulouse?
5. Who helps Sharpe and Frederickson with their plan?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)