|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is thinning the ranks of the British forces in Chapter 4?
(a) Too many injuries.
(b) They send most of them to America.
(c) Too many casualties.
(d) Many desertions.
2. Who do Sharpe and Frederickson meet near Bordeaux's gates?
(a) Sergeant Challon.
(b) General Nurenberg.
(c) Captain Peter d'Alembord.
(d) Sergeant Harper.
3. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
(a) He left his other set at home.
(b) He can't afford another one.
(c) He is sentimental about it.
(d) He is superstitious about it.
4. Who comes to Château Lassan concerning the charges against Sharpe and Frederickson?
(a) General Calvet.
(b) Monsieur Roland.
(c) Monsieur Crumbles.
5. What do Sharpe and his friends plan to do in Bordeaux?
(a) Get a room in the tavern.
(b) Find a wife for Frederickson.
(c) Board a ship.
(d) Go to the market square.
6. What color is Sharpe's uniform jacket?
(b) Bright Red.
(c) Faded green.
7. Where does Ducos go in Chapter 9?
8. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
(b) War Lord.
9. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
(a) The Spainish are invading France and England.
(b) Napoleon refuses the peace terms.
(c) Britain wants to add France to its Empire.
(d) The Moors have invaded France.
10. What does Sharpe believe Jane is doing with his money?
(a) Buying him a surprise.
(b) Spending it on a lover.
(c) Supporting her family.
(d) Trying a new investment.
11. How much of Sharpe's money has Jane withdrawn?
(a) All of it.
(b) Half of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) Twenty-five percent of it.
12. What is the situation in Bordeaux when the three friends arrive there?
13. What is Toulouse?
(a) The capital building of France.
(b) The residence of Napoleon.
(c) A French fort on the Seine River.
(d) A fortified and garrisoned city.
14. Why is Jane interrogated by British officials?
(a) She threatens a member of parliament.
(b) She is caught stealing clothing from a well known store.
(c) They think she is a spy.
(d) Because of Sharpe's money which she has.
15. What company does Harper join in Chapter 1?
(a) Bampfylde's Marines.
(b) The Royal Guards.
(c) Frederickson's company.
(d) The Blue Coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lassan's mother demand he do?
2. What do Henri and Lucille do often when together?
3. How does Sharpe act upon being told the charges?
4. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
5. Where does Fredrickson lose an eye?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)