|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharpe's position with Nairn's company?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(b) Platoon Leader.
(d) Military Strategy Adviser.
2. How do Sharpe, Harper and Frederickson celebrate the event in question # 47?
(a) Play cards all night.
(b) Quit the military.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Go out for a fancy dinner.
3. What kind of celebration does Henri have in Chapter 8?
(a) Entrance to the priesthood.
(b) Betrothal celebration.
(c) His fortieth birthday.
(d) The opening of his law firm.
4. How does Ducos plan to get even with Sharpe?
(a) Steal his fortune through his wife.
(b) Have him assassinated.
(c) Kidnap his wife.
(d) Make it look as if he took Napoleon's treasure.
5. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
(a) Britain wants to add France to its Empire.
(b) The Spainish are invading France and England.
(c) Napoleon refuses the peace terms.
(d) The Moors have invaded France.
6. At what age does Sharpe join the military?
7. What does Sharpe believe about his incredible luck in battle?
(a) It is due to his skill.
(b) It cam't last.
(c) It comes from the rabbit's foot he wore.
(d) It is the result of his faith.
8. Who stops Sharpe and Frederickson?
(a) An old army companion.
(b) British authorities.
(c) General Calvet.
9. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
(a) It is very important to her.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She doesn't believe in war.
10. Who helps Sharpe and Frederickson with their plan?
(a) No one.
(c) Captain Calvert.
11. What do Sharpe and Frederickson decide they should do about the charges against them?
(a) File a counter charge.
(b) Go back to Teste de Buch.
(c) Obtain a lawyer from London.
12. What are the British getting ready to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Invade the African coast.
(b) Surround Paris.
(c) Invade Toulouse.
(d) Accept terms from Spain.
13. Where is Sharpe ordered to go after the Battle of Toulouse?
14. Who do Sharpe and Frederickson meet near Bordeaux's gates?
(a) General Nurenberg.
(b) Sergeant Harper.
(c) Sergeant Challon.
(d) Captain Peter d'Alembord.
15. What do Henri and Lucille do often when together?
(a) Try to figure out their future.
(b) Entertain their mother.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Hold seances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what rule is Bordeaux when Sharpe and Frederickson are there?
2. What color is Sharpe's uniform jacket?
3. What does Lassan want to do with his life?
4. What does Sharpe expect will happen when he is shipped out?
5. Why does Napoleon want to hide his treasure?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)