|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sharpe and Frederickson meet near Bordeaux's gates?
(a) Sergeant Challon.
(b) General Nurenberg.
(c) Sergeant Harper.
(d) Captain Peter d'Alembord.
2. What kind of celebration does Henri have in Chapter 8?
(a) Entrance to the priesthood.
(b) The opening of his law firm.
(c) Betrothal celebration.
(d) His fortieth birthday.
3. How does Lucille feel when Sharpe leaves?
(d) Sad and wistful.
4. At the beginning of the Prologue for what is Sharpe preparing?
(a) His death.
(b) His brother's wedding.
(c) A battle with the French.
(d) His wife having a baby.
5. How does Jane feel about Sharpe's career?
(a) She doesn't believe in war.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) It is very important to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille tell her doctor about her state of being?
2. Why does Lucille write to Roland?
3. What do Sharpe and his friends plan to do in Bordeaux?
4. What does d'Alembord notice about Jane when he goes to see her in Chapter 10?
5. With what does Harper respond to Ducos' fire?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)