|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the French army have to fight to defend France?
(a) Napoleon refuses the peace terms.
(b) The Spainish are invading France and England.
(c) The Moors have invaded France.
(d) Britain wants to add France to its Empire.
2. What are the British getting ready to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Invade Toulouse.
(b) Surround Paris.
(c) Invade the African coast.
(d) Accept terms from Spain.
3. What type of weapon does Bampfylde chose for his duel with Sharpe?
4. What is Toulouse?
(a) The capital building of France.
(b) A French fort on the Seine River.
(c) A fortified and garrisoned city.
(d) The residence of Napoleon.
5. Why does Fredrickson fumble to open his watch at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is wearing gloves.
(b) The watch latch is stuck.
(c) He is sneezing.
(d) Sharpe is pushing on his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ducos plan to get even with Sharpe?
2. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
3. What does Jane want Sharpe to do at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Napoleon do right before the Battle of Toulouse?
5. Why does Sharpe continue to wear his tattered uniform?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)