|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Girdwood wear his mustache?
(a) Long handlebars.
(c) Clipped short.
(d) He has not mustache.
2. What is one thing the recruiter implies the army has?
(a) Excellent room and board.
(b) Good training programs.
(c) Regular hours.
(d) Lots of free time.
3. Who does Sharpe encounter after speaking with Carline?
(b) No one.
(c) Sergeant Carew.
4. Whose estate do the recruits pass?
(a) Sir Walter Weston.
(b) Sir Lord Nelson.
(c) Sir Henry Simmerson.
5. Whose numbers are seriously depleted after the conflict?
(a) The 10th Artillerty Brigade.
(b) South Hampton Regiment.
(c) South Essex Regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nairn suggest that outrages Sharpe?
2. What does Jane say she will leave in the boathouse?
3. Who serves as a spy for Lord Fenner?
4. What has been happening to the men who have been recruited for the second battalion?
5. In what are the men on the island initially drilled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe wonder about as far as Simmerson's involvement with the second battalion? What is Sharpe's relation to Jane Gibbons?
2. How does Sharpe rescue Harper?
3. What does Sharpe decide is the best course of action following his encounter in the city? How do he and Harper live?
4. What is Havercamp like as a person, and what does he promise the recruits and how does he pay for the drinks he serves the recruits?
5. Describe John Lynch, the training sergeant and his particular dislike.
6. When Sharpe presented at the royal gala, how does Sharpe present himself and how does the Prince feel about Sharpe?
7. What does Nairn suggest Sharpe should do and why?
8. Where is Sharpe sent on a work party and what does he take the time to do?
9. Under what names do Sharpe and Harper enlist and who enlists with them?
10. What does Sergeant Carew at the second battalion depot tell Sharpe?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)