|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marriott constantly beaten?
(a) He tries to assert his rights.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is slow witted.
(d) He is Irish.
2. What does Sharpe trust to Maggie?
(a) His sword and pistol.
(b) His plans.
(c) The bulk of his fortune.
(d) His young daughter.
3. What does Jane tell Sharpe happens to the trained enlisted men?
(a) They are auctioned off in companies to the highest bidder.
(b) They are used as Simmerson's personal levy.
(c) They are sent as slaves to various parts of the world.
(d) They go to the 1st battalion of South Essex regiment.
4. Who are Weller and Marriott?
(a) The other 2 recruiters with whom Sharpe's group meets up.
(b) The Lord and his chatelaine over that village.
(c) Two men who sign up at the same time as Sharpe and Harper.
(d) The Lord and his son over that village.
5. How is Sharpe when he leaves Maggie Joyce?
(b) Wound up.
6. What does Sharpe give Maggie?
(a) A 1,000 pounds.
(b) His will.
(c) The riches of Vitoria.
(d) A new diamond ring.
7. What did the owner of the bar teach Sharpe?
(a) How to survive on the streets.
(b) How to play whist.
(c) How to read.
(d) How to spot a card cheat.
8. What does Nairn think Sharpe should do?
(b) Accept a position as army liaision to Admiral Nelson.
(c) Accept a position as aide de camp to Wellington.
(d) Investigate the second battalion.
9. Whose numbers are seriously depleted after the conflict?
(a) The 10th Artillerty Brigade.
(b) South Essex Regiment.
(d) South Hampton Regiment.
10. What is one thing the recruiter implies the army has?
(a) Excellent room and board.
(b) Regular hours.
(c) Lots of free time.
(d) Good training programs.
11. What does Harper and Sharpe deposit with official agents?
(a) Some of the captured riches from Brussels.
(b) Some of the captured riches from LaFitte.
(c) Some of the captured riches from Vitoria.
(d) Some of the captured riches from Waterloo.
12. What does Sharpe do after leaving the state function?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Meet up with Lt. Col. Girdwood.
(c) Start off to find the 2nd battalion.
(d) Have a sexual liaision with a beautiful woman.
13. Who does Sharpe meet that evening?
(a) The Dowager Queen.
(b) Sir Drakeson.
(c) Anne Camoynes.
(d) Lucy Basehall.
14. How are the recruits documented?
(a) They give their hand print.
(b) Forms they have to sign or make their mark.
(c) They receive a tiny tattoo on their shoulder.
(d) They receive a tiny brand on their shoulder.
15. What battle is Sharpe asked to describe?
(d) Freire's Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the bar where Sharpe goes?
2. Upon whom is Sharpe invited to call?
3. Who has Simmerson promised Jane's hand in marriage?
4. What does Nairn suggest that outrages Sharpe?
5. Who does Maggie Joyce send after Sharpe?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)