|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe say that Gordon can order Sharpe to do?
(a) Kill Lavisser.
(b) Not speak openly about Sharpe's mission.
(c) Resign his commission.
(d) Return to England.
2. What does Astrid say about Sharpe to others?
(a) He is a second cousin who lives in the West Indies.
(b) He is a distant relative who lives in Italy.
(c) He is a distant relative who lives in South America.
(d) He is a visiting American.
3. Who is sarcastic and rude to Sharpe?
(a) General Baird.
(b) Captain Gordon.
(c) Captain Dunnett.
(d) General Wellesley.
4. What are sailors going to do on the Danish ships?
(a) Disarm the incendiary devices.
(b) Cut their moorings loose.
(c) Hide a spy.
(d) Burn them.
5. What does Sharpe give Jens once they are away from the British troops?
(a) A saber off a dead soldier.
(b) A note for Astrid.
(c) A note for Skovaard.
(d) Skovaard's pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sharpe joins the attacking British, what does he realize?
2. What is the Danish Crown Prince preparing to do?
3. How man guineas did England actually send with Lavisser?
4. Who rings a bell and summons a servant?
5. Why is Chase not going on the mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe give Jems and tell him to do?
2. What does Sharpe ask of Chase and what is Chase's response?
3. What transpires at the meeting Peyman has with his aides?
4. What does the leter to General Payman from the British say and what is Peyman's response?
5. What is the conversation between Lavisser and Barker about the damage to Lavisser's house?
6. How is Skovaard when Sharpe rescues him and where does Sharpe take him?
7. Describe the conversation among Sharpe, Captain Gordon and Pumphrey.
8. Where does Sharpe go with Astrid and how does it affect him?
9. Describe the encounter between Sharpe and Barker.
10. Why do Gordon, Pumphrey and Baird decide to write a commendation for Sharpe?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)