|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe avoid the first town he comes to?
(a) There are a group of cavalry there.
(b) They seem to be looking for someone.
(c) Lavisser is standing outside a tavern.
(d) He needs to get to Copenhagen.
2. What do Willsen and Lavisser have in common?
(a) They are both third sons.
(b) They are both part Dane.
(c) They are both part Russian.
(d) They are both from the nobility.
3. What does Sharpe find for weapons?
(a) A samurai sword.
(c) A butcher knife in the kitchen.
(d) His folding knife and two of Skovaard's pistols.
4. What does Baird ask about Wellesley?
(a) Why he promoted Sharpe.
(b) How he died in India.
(c) Why he wrote such a glowing report of a sniveling idiot like Sharpe.
(d) How he lead his men at Gwghar, India.
5. What does Sharpe discover when he comes out of hiding?
(a) Lavisser is waiting for Sharpe.
(b) The cavalry left one man behind.
(c) Lavisser is badly wounded on the beach.
(d) There is a draft horse tied to a tree near the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the men who appears to be sneaking into Skovaard's home?
2. What happens to Willsen?
3. What does Sharpe do as he is fleeing the scene of the murder he committed?
4. What is Captain Willsen doing at the opening to Chapter 1?
5. Why does Sharpe throw sand into Barker's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe realize when he is hiding in the dunes, and who is searching for him?
2. What is the reason for the mission to Copenhagen?
3. Who is Lavisser and how does he act in the carriage as they are riding to the docks?
4. How does Sharpe rescue Skovaard?
5. How does Sharpe escape confinement and what frightens him about his escape means?
6. Describe the encounter between Sharpe and Barker.
7. Where does Sharpe find Astrid and what does he do?
8. Why are Astrid and her father shocked at Sharpe's appearance?
9. What does Captain Dunnett announce to his troops concerning stealing from the Danes. and who appears to have already done so?
10. How is Sharpe tricked and what does he do?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)