|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lavisser lead Willsen?
(a) To a pub.
(b) To the aviary.
(c) To his family's mansion.
(d) Into an alley.
2. What has Baird heard about Sharpe?
(a) Baird has not heard of Sharpe until just before interviewing him.
(b) He is not doing too well either as a soldier or officer.
(c) He is an outstanding officer but poor soldier.
(d) He is an excellent soldier but poor officer.
3. Who does Sharpe say he is seeking?
(a) His former girlfriend.
(b) The crime head of this section of the slums.
(c) The Drummer boys.
(d) His father.
4. What does Baird advise Sharpe to do on his next assignment?
(a) Wear civilian clothes.
(b) Watch for a traitor.
(d) Take insect netting.
5. What does Sharpe ask his childhood friend?
(a) If Sharpe's brother still lives around there.
(b) If he minds that there will be trouble later.
(c) If Sharpe's mother is still alive.
(d) If the man's sister is still around.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Sharpe say he is interested?
2. Where does Sharpre meet Aksel Bang?
3. What does Sharpe tell Hocking before Sharpe kills the man?
4. What does Baird want Sharpe to do?
5. What does Pumphrey give Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sharpe see when waiting on Hocking and what do they talk about?
2. What is the reason for the mission to Copenhagen?
3. Describe the initial communication between Captain Willsen and John Lavisser.
4. Describe the encounter between Sharpe and Barker.
5. What does Sharpe realize when he is hiding in the dunes, and who is searching for him?
6. Describe the approach of the British ships to the Danish shore.
7. Describe Sharpe's encounter with Hocking when Hocking brings Sharpe a young girl.
8. How does Sharpe get to Copenhagen?
9. How does Sharpe manage to get some weapons for himself on the boat?
10. Where is Sharpe on Friday night at the opening of Chapter 2, and what does he do initially?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)