|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe say about Skovaard?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in danger.
(c) He is in the Crown Prince's dungeon.
(d) He has fled to Russia.
2. Why does Chase not want to do what is asked of him?
(a) There is no direct, official military order.
(b) He thinks Sharpe is needed undercover.
(c) He thinks Barker is merely a pawn.
(d) He thinks it's immoral to bomb civilians.
3. Why does Skovaard say the Danes do not move there fleet?
(a) They are planning a move at this time.
(b) It's too close to winter and ice is already forming up North.
(c) There is no safe place to go.
(d) This is their land and they will not be intimidated.
4. What shocks Sharpe about where he and Astrid visit?
(a) At the burn scars on Astrid's aunt's face.
(b) At how kind and welcoming her grandmother is.
(c) How humane the orphanage is.
(d) At the variety of good available on the market.
5. As Sharpe joins the attacking British, what does he realize?
(a) Captain Dunnett is a double agent.
(b) He knows a way to stop the fighting.
(c) He is near where Astrid is staying.
(d) He is near Lavisser's family home.
6. Why is Chase not going on the mission?
(a) He has to be able to speak to the Danish spies.
(b) He is the only one who knows the codes of retrieval.
(c) The admiral says he is too valuable to risk losing.
(d) He has a peg leg can cannot move fast enough.
7. Who does Sharpe speak to at Skovaard's warehouse?
(c) An English naval officer.
8. What job does Sharpe want out of?
(b) Killing Skovaard.
(c) Killing Visser.
(d) Killing the Crown Prince.
9. With what do Bang and Skovaard become increasingly annoyed?
(a) Sharpe and Astrid's closeness.
(b) Lassiver's demands.
(c) The refusal of the Danes to give the English what they want.
(d) Barker's demands.
10. How long has it been since Sharpe has seen Wellesley?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 months.
11. What has the initials MLV on it?
(a) A sword shealth.
(b) A door knocker.
(c) A locket.
(d) A case.
12. Who is in a chair on the lawn?
(a) A woman.
13. Of what does Payman convince the Crown Prince?
(a) To offer him a position in intelligence.
(b) To arrest adn interrogate him.
(c) To refuse to negotiate with the British.
(d) To leave Skovaard alone.
14. What does Lavisser hope the reduced number of bombs falling means?
(a) The British are running out of ammo.
(b) That the British have given up.
(c) That the British have decided upon a less destrutive means of persuasion.
(d) The Crown Prince has conceded to the British demands.
15. For how long does Peyman have to defend Copenhagen?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sharpe and Dunnett to remain calm?
2. What is the crew of the bomb ship doing when Sharpe awakens?
3. What did the Crew do with the thing they made for Sharpe?
4. What are Castenschiold's initial plans concerning the British?
5. Who is in charge of the British troops according to a discussion between General Castenschiold and an aide?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)