|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what condition would Astrid be in danger?
(a) If Lavisser wants revenge.
(b) If she has ever made an intelligence run.
(c) If she knows what her father knows.
2. Who is Jems?
(a) Skovaard's brother.
(b) Skovaard's butler.
(c) A Danish shipbuilder.
(d) Astrid's brother-in-law.
3. What do the British do after launching exploding bombs?
(a) March on the city.
(b) Wait to see what the Danes do.
(c) Send projectiles designed to start fires.
(d) Send in a letter of truce.
4. What does Baird have Captain Gordon debrief Sharpe?
(a) Baird is badly wounded.
(b) Baird does not want to be associated with a failed mission.
(c) Sharpe asks to report to Captain Gordon because he is angry with Baird.
(d) Baird is in planning an assault.
5. What does Wellesley order Sharpe to take to General Cathcart?
(a) Madame Visser.
(d) A message about the Danish fleet.
6. Who is sarcastic and rude to Sharpe?
(a) Captain Dunnett.
(b) Captain Gordon.
(c) General Wellesley.
(d) General Baird.
7. What is one thing Hopper provides Sharpe?
(a) A letter for Lavisser.
(b) A seven-barreled gun.
(c) A letter for Barker.
(d) A can of explosives.
8. Who does Sharpe speak to at Skovaard's warehouse?
(d) An English naval officer.
9. Why does Baird and others decide to commend Sharpe on his mission?
(a) To make Lavisser show himself.
(b) To make Baird look good.
(c) They actually decide to write a letter of repirmand.
(d) To convince Sharpe to stay in the Army.
10. What does Sharpe fail to convey to Astrid?
(b) The difference between were he is raised and the Danish orphanage.
(c) How much he appreciates her trust.
(d) That he will have to fight with the English.
11. To whom does Sharpe introduce himself?
(a) Lavisser's mother.
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Astrid's old nanny.
(d) The woman he shot.
12. What is sitting next to the chair in the lawn?
(a) The chest of gold.
(b) A large dog.
(c) Astrid's cat.
13. Where does Sharpe wait to enter the city?
(a) The sewers.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A bomb ship.
(d) A hay wagon.
14. What does Peyman ask Lavisser to translate?
(a) A letter from Visser to Sharpe.
(b) A plea from the King of England.
(c) A letter about the Danes moving their fleet to British ports.
15. For how long does Peyman have to defend Copenhagen?
(a) 5 months.
(b) A few days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sharpe and Astrid take her father?
2. What does Chase not want to do?
3. What worries Lavisser?
4. What does Lavisser hope the reduced number of bombs falling means?
5. What does Sharpe say about Lavisser?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)