|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bang tell Sharpe about staying in the city?
(a) Sharpe will be asked to fight for the Danes.
(b) It will soon be seige conditions.
(c) The Danes will expect him to stay away from the fighting.
(d) Sharpe will be arrested.
2. What are sailors going to do on the Danish ships?
(a) Hide a spy.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Cut their moorings loose.
(d) Disarm the incendiary devices.
3. How much will Visser's silence cost Sharpe?
(a) 1,500 guineas.
(c) 15,000 guineas.
(d) 5,000 guineas.
4. What does Sharpe say about Lavisser?
(a) He gave the gold to the Crown Prince.
(b) He is working with the French.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is still trying to get the Crown Prince to release the ships to the British.
5. For how long does Peyman have to defend Copenhagen?
(a) A few days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. Where does Sharpe accompany Astrid?
(a) To an orphanage.
(b) To her grandmother's home.
(c) To her aunt's home.
(d) To market.
7. What strategy does Castenschiold finally decide to take?
(a) Defend rather than attack.
(b) Defend with half his troops and attack with the other half.
(c) Attack rather than defend.
(d) Retreat until the negotiations are successful.
8. Why does Baird and others decide to commend Sharpe on his mission?
(a) They actually decide to write a letter of repirmand.
(b) To make Lavisser show himself.
(c) To make Baird look good.
(d) To convince Sharpe to stay in the Army.
9. What does Sharpe give Jens once they are away from the British troops?
(a) A saber off a dead soldier.
(b) A note for Astrid.
(c) A note for Skovaard.
(d) Skovaard's pistol.
10. Who does Chase order to accompany Sharpe?
(a) Just Somes.
(b) No one.
(c) Hopper and Clouter.
(d) Just Clouter.
11. What does Sharpe tell the person to whom he speaks?
(a) That Lavisser will be hung as a traitor.
(b) That Skovaard is in danger.
(c) That the English navy should retreat.
(d) That Barker is going to hang as a traitor.
12. Who is sarcastic and rude to Sharpe?
(a) General Baird.
(b) General Wellesley.
(c) Captain Dunnett.
(d) Captain Gordon.
13. What does Astrid say about Sharpe to others?
(a) He is a second cousin who lives in the West Indies.
(b) He is a visiting American.
(c) He is a distant relative who lives in Italy.
(d) He is a distant relative who lives in South America.
14. What does Sharpe tell Jens to do with what he gave him?
(a) Take it to Skovaard.
(b) Take it to the Crown Prince.
(c) To keep it for protection.
(d) Take it to Lavisser.
15. Who is in a chair on the lawn?
(b) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Crown Prince say that Denmark will not do willingly?
2. Where is the rest of the Danish army?
3. To whom does Sharpe introduce himself?
4. What troops are mostly civilians called up into the local militia?
5. What worries Lavisser?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)